How's the balance and gameplay nowadays?

Options
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
So about 3months after the Rising Tide expansion came out i stopped playing pw.I remember that sins and psychics were really OP and if they were geared good they could kill anyone.Especially sins.

So since it's 2year anniversary i would like to know if they changed anything,how's the class balance,any new features so basically what's new after about 3months after RT expansion?
Post edited by __Nymph__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So about 3months after the Rising Tide expansion came out i stopped playing pw.I remember that sins and psychics were really OP and if they were geared good they could kill anyone.Especially sins.

So since it's 2year anniversary i would like to know if they changed anything,how's the class balance,any new features so basically what's new after about 3months after RT expansion?

It's gotten worse, quick get out while yob:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is perfect world. We know nothing about balance or gameplay.
    Unless balance is a synonym for packs. We have tons of those.

"Back due to popular demand!!! The coral pack!"
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They've added more content, like a Jungle Ruins dungeon, the Celestial Tiger weekly event, and a new Wedding Chapel instance for the romantics with big budgets.

But if you're asking "Have they fixed anything?" well...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yes it has gotten much worse im afraid
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    GMs continue ignoring real issues, bugs never get fixed (any bug you remember from when game started, yea..they're still here), classes/skills never get balanced, gameplay never improves, cash shop predatory sales are getting worse, instances never get fully finished. In other words, stay out. Sadly some of us play with friends and havent found a new game to move to 'yet' and we have to watch PWE management burn down the game.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Fwfwfwfwfw :p
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Fwfwfwfwfw :p

More of the same, just in a different wrapper. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Devs seriously need to start doing something or PW will turn into another Shaiya
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Devs seriously need to start doing something...

After this last year of "doing stuff," I'm inclined to believe we'd be better off if they didn't. Like if some kid decides to do crayon murals on the wall, then tries to "fix" it with the white crayon.

"No... just... no. Stop. That's enough."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    More of the same, just in a different wrapper. Don't say I didn't warn you.

after lvl100 nothing to do in PW...and so far with these super updates since year ago u can get lvl100 in few months or if u have monies u get that in few days...when TB came out 2 days after that ppl were lvl75+++ with new class..thts ... :D
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im personally stopped playing as well activly, just watching from afar every tuesday which updates comes out, waiting for finally something good happen and maybe i will start playing then again, couse acutally there is NOT A SINGLE FUN THING in this game...

everything is frustrating, even those gifts for they crappy anniversary, when we arent even allowed to choose to which character it will be transferred to, they force every damn player out there to buy those fuc*ing account-stash-stones.

genies are useless as ever

rubberbanding still exist, you cant run anywhere just fly with your slow speed standart fly, couse every cool fly cost insane much

gold prizes are over 450k each

packs have only 0,001% to get something good

TW changes didnt make anything real against those terretorry monopolism out there

so many bhs that there isnt even hard to level up until 80,
    and every good faction accept only players over 80, every others have to survive by themselves trying to kill those bosses without enough players in they levels LOL,

and from lvl 80 its about impossible to lvl fast, you get about nothing from your quest as rewards and you cant find even a single squad for a fcc, TT or something good, noone plays anymore with each other, only against each other, couse there stood only greedy players out there = more hate = more frustration

dont forget the new shi*ty bidding hall rizing the gold prizes even more and more

oh yeah, and the idiotic event, which is only mondays at 5am for european players ROFL,

really, if you already stopped, just search for another MMO, couse this is the worst i played EVER!
    the only bonus this game has is the grafics, NOT MORE

those BOOOORING QUESTS AND EVERYTHING AROUND IS BOOORING b:bye
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just because I just woke up and I'm cranky before my 2nd coffee D:
    im personally stopped playing as well activly, just watching from afar every tuesday which updates comes out, waiting for finally something good happen and maybe i will start playing then again, couse acutally there is NOT A SINGLE FUN THING in this game...

everything is frustrating, even those gifts for they crappy anniversary, when we arent even allowed to choose to which character it will be transferred to, they force every damn player out there to buy those fuc*ing account-stash-stones.

No, they're not forcing anyone to buy anything. You're getting free ****. If you dislike which character gets it, you have the OPTION to transfer the FREE stuff you get.
    genies are useless as ever

Really now? Holy path, extreme poison, tree of protection, absolute domain, expel, frenzy, tangling mire and a few other skills would like a word o.o
    rubberbanding still exist, you cant run anywhere just fly with your slow speed standart fly, couse every cool fly cost insane much

homg homg Q_Q The only thing you got right is that rubberbanding is still ever so present. At least you can simply fly in order to fix it when it happens. Only the 3/6 m/s mounts are expensive. All the others are dirt cheap and you can get them from grinding for a few hours.
    gold prizes are over 450k each

OVER 9000? No not really, they are 390ish on Sanc.
    packs have only 0,001% to get something good

Tokens aren't good? I like tokens. I think tokens are good. You don't? Don't buy packs.
    TW changes didnt make anything real against those terretorry monopolism out there

Big words. I'd steer clear of them if I were you.
    so many bhs that there isnt even hard to level up until 80,
    and every good faction accept only players over 80, every others have to survive by themselves trying to kill those bosses without enough players in they levels LOL,

Omg too funny LOL LOL.
    and from lvl 80 its about impossible to lvl fast, you get about nothing from your quest as rewards and you cant find even a single squad for a fcc, TT or something good, noone plays anymore with each other, only against each other, couse there stood only greedy players out there = more hate = more frustration

I got to level 100 thanks to gammas and deltas. I never used a single hyper stone. I know people who GRINDED their way to 100 even before that. Now you have 3 bhs a day, 3 times as many dailies as I used to have, and hypers just dropped in price more than 400%. Still find it too hard to level? Go play hello kitty.
    dont forget the new shi*ty bidding hall rizing the gold prizes even more and more

I like Southpark and an Eskimo caught a fish. Both sentences make equally as much sense.
    oh yeah, and the idiotic event, which is only mondays at 5am for european players ROFL,

Onoz, I'm running out of witty comments. Do the event. Don't do the event. No one gives a flying ****.
    really, if you already stopped, just search for another MMO, couse this is the worst i played EVER!
    the only bonus this game has is the grafics, NOT MORE

those BOOOORING QUESTS AND EVERYTHING AROUND IS BOOORING b:bye

You're an idiot. b:byeb:bye
    b:dirty
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No one gives a flying ****.

You're an idiot. b:byeb:bye

an you are a cheap oracle noob, talking rubbish
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Don't really know why I still log on, I used to really enjoy world pvp.. but when tideborn started reaching end game it really just became more frustrating than fun. If I saw somebody that had thrown enough money in to buy several cars, I'd accept the fact that they could beat me and just avoid them.. but going out to fight someone 1v1 and a character about as impossible to kill as a gm pops out of stealth I just need to wait for the go to town button. Anyway, I gave up on world pvp and became a carebear farming instances to make my char awesome for TW.. but they took out the rewards.. and although I'd still enjoy throwing money at TW for the fun, the opponents do not. Wars are not being filled up, people are going charmless, TW is as good as dead as well. Building a character solely for a TW that never lasts more than 30 mins (usually under 10) is hardly reason to play. I guess my alt is the only reason I'm still playing, but when it reaches end game.. dunno what I'll do. Hope my story helps :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Neshilia - Dreamweaver
    Neshilia - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Maybe some of you should try out PWMS. Why?

There are no ugly, unbalanced Tideborns.
    There is no rubberbanding.
    Nobody is complaining about event times ('cause there are no events at all...).
    There are no packs and no Cash Shop updates.
    There is no bidding hall.
    They still have the old Territorial War system.
    They have no instance time limit.

Okay, there's also no active support, no major updates since genie update, more bots / coin sellers online than real players and every time a player gets too near to the Tideborn area (implemented but not activated) a system message is sent to everybody telling "XYZ is cheating, please contact a GM". Payments get lost as well, but who cares, because everything is far better than PWI b:laugh

(Please have irony detector activated while reading the above post)

Come on guys, a lot of people are complaining the game was dead because of recent updates. But there are some examples, how a really dead MMO looks like, even without these changes.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    More of the same, just in a different wrapper.
    Oh does FW have the same -interval system and 5aps that breaks anything endgame related?
  • Mrpoop - Lost City
    Mrpoop - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its **** alot of ppl are just waiting around for forsaken world to be released tbh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    an you are a cheap oracle noob, talking rubbish

No, he's right. You're an idiot. b:bye

its **** alot of ppl are just waiting around for forsaken world to be released tbh

No, anyone with half a brain won't play a PWI product once they leave Perfect World.

Wow, lvl 100. Grats! (grats for hitting 100, but mostly for having hit 100 and not having ever seen you on LC before lol)
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Michael i saw you in arch today.. i wanted to duel you but i be to low b:sad
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Michael i saw you in arch today.. i wanted to duel you but i be to low b:sad

lol, level up? Or I could like... take all my armor off and put on a crappy weapon. b:chuckle
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No, he's right. You're an idiot. b:bye

LOL and one more ****, posting nothing else as insults b:embarrass
    yea everyone already knows, that you dont have manners, so shut up and try to get your next lvl b:chuckle

but really only a******s in the forum b:shutup
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL and one more ****, posting nothing else as insults b:embarrass
    yea everyone already knows, that you dont have manners, so shut up and try to get your next lvl b:chuckle

but really only a******s in the forum b:shutup

You complain, people hate you. That's normal.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *insane ramblings*

All you need to do is look at your last post... a huge wall of QQ text just because they won't trade your mount to a different character.

Just NPC your mount. It will save you a lot of mental anguish and grief.

b:bye