HT server problems!

Options
124»

Comments

• Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The server has been up and players have been on it after maintenance, I just went over things with engineering and CS to verify this.

Here are some things that might help you. Please go over this information thoroughly, because these are the most common things that mess with some servers and IPs after server maintenance that players have to deal with.

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!

I have NEVER had issues logging into game after patch before. No issues with firewalls, anti-virus blah blah blah. Also this was not a small thing for few players that got messed up, but rather a huge issue among big group of people. Also these things normally blocks whole game, not ONE server. So... iono.
    *Semi retired*
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Doh... blaming antivirus/firewall... it was clearly they have bad ips...

Proven that cannot reach port 29000 from several locations from several continents on the bad ip.

Also proven that the users who edit their serverlists.txt file can login right away... Just trying to save your face?

I guess they just silently fix the bad ips, and then blame users for their own firewall/antivirus. Clearly nothing had changed on the user's side. They had been able to play hours before, and they can't after that. Just as simple as that.

b:byeThis

/10characters
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How about....All of my protection has been disabled for a while...The laptop to my left can log in randomly. As in, I logged in one char, logged out, and couldn't log back in. So....next solution would be the one where we listen to the guy that suggests we edit things ourselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I will kindly ask that you guys not troll the forums.

HT has had thousands of players on it once it went live after maintenance.

ISPs in certain regions of the world may have had their own problems. Players should be able to access it and login.

After the game patches, many antiviruses and firewall may not like the IP address group that the game accesses for some unknown reason and decide to block them, or a myriad of other reasons.

As Tech Support, we are still looking into it, but do not see any issue on our side because of all the players in game and ones that are constantly logging into it as well (and West Archosaur is packed as usual).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The server has been up and players have been on it after maintenance, I just went over things with engineering and CS to verify this.

Here are some things that might help you. Please go over this information thoroughly, because these are the most common things that mess with some servers and IPs after server maintenance that players have to deal with.

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    hahahha dude you made my day LOL !!b:laugh

seriously.. where did u find that noobish guide ?b:laugh

so it's firewall's fault ppl saw all servers except the HT lol? or proxy? hahhaha

fire those usueless bunch of noobs (GMs) and hire some normal network administrator lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Grimmpillage - Harshlands
    Grimmpillage - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Could not log in to HT earlyer, can now,TY b:pleased.
    Did not try player-fixes, did not have to change Win Firewall, MS SE nor Proxie-settings. No patching-problems (this year).
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As Tech Support, we are still looking into it, but do not see any issue on our side because of all the players in game and ones that are constantly logging into it as well (and West Archosaur is packed as usual).

Pic or it did not happen. b:chuckle

One things for sure, its nice to see this many replies from support. Thanks for keeping up to date.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

ISPs in certain regions of the world may have had their own problems. Players should be able to access it and login.

After the game patches, many antiviruses and firewall may not like the IP address group that the game accesses for some unknown reason and decide to block them, or a myriad of other reasons.

Then please explain how a person said one computer got on and the other two didnt on the same network. They would most likely have the same anti virus unless they bought different ones which would be silly. o.O
  • HotHotShot - Heavens Tear
    HotHotShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

b:laugh aint that what the forums are for?

T'is true

Now you're just making **** up to look good, i turned my firewall off and still couldn't.

Some1 on this thread has already suggested a solution that WORKS (proven by the response)

Ps.

Tech support really fix things *faints*

Edit: i could log in to Archosuar server but not HT, if a firewall was to mess with IPs settings it would do them all not a specific 1.

God people can be so dumb >.>
    edited September 2010
    Options

b:surrender Not trolling. Simply pointing out that I can connect with one computer in my apartment randomly. Meaning, if I log out, I can't connect again for a while. I think I have managed to get connected three times, today.

So, I seriously doubt your hypothesis. And your logic, while it would be sound, does not fit this scenario.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options

This issue was not region bound.

And with all the respect, sir, not trolling the forums but stating the facts. Some people could get in at first, then later on had problems signing back in. One person in one household could sign in, while their spouse/sisters/brothers/mothers/cats & dogs couldn't.
    *Semi retired*
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Thanks!

I think it had nothing to do with antivirus :o
    I tried to tracert from my comp:
    C:\Users\Victor>tracert pwigc4.perfectworld.com

Traza a la direccion pwigc4.perfectworld.com [64.74.134.61]
    sobre un maximo de 30 saltos:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
      2    35 ms    35 ms    34 ms  192.168.153.1
      3    35 ms    35 ms    35 ms  81.Red-81-46-65.staticIP.rima-tde.net [81.46.65.81]
      4    94 ms    52 ms   127 ms  So4-0-0-0-grtbcntb1.red.telefonica-wholesale.net [213.140.50.77]
      5    60 ms    61 ms    59 ms  So4-0-0-0-grtmadpe3.red.telefonica-wholesale.net [84.16.12.142]
      6    61 ms   154 ms    60 ms  So2-2-0-0-grtmadde2.red.telefonica-wholesale.net [84.16.12.205]
      7    61 ms    61 ms   131 ms  p64-5-1-0.r21.mdrdsp01.es.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.9.109]
      8    97 ms    98 ms    96 ms  p64-2-1-0.r22.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.45]
      9    89 ms    89 ms    90 ms  as-2.r23.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.119]
     10   173 ms   172 ms   172 ms  as-0.r21.asbnva01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.158]
     11   240 ms   241 ms   291 ms  as-3.r20.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.167]
     12   321 ms   231 ms   228 ms  ae-2.r06.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.55]
     13   231 ms   228 ms   230 ms  xe-0-0-0-4.r06.snjsca04.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [128.241.219.130]
     14   232 ms   234 ms   232 ms  border2.t8-1-bbnet2.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.80]
     15     *        *        *     Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
     16     *        *        *     Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.
     17     *        *        *     Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

• _cyo_ - Heavens Tear
    _cyo_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Turned off firewall, anti virus etc and still couldn't log in before this.
    Honestly if its a mistake just admit it and fix it (yes, thankfully now its ok) and we can all go on with our lives. Why the need to push the blame and draw more fire to yourselves? Thats just plain unprofessional and silly imo.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    btw.... i can't understand how did you fix the issue if it was something about our computers.
    Or how did you fix without knowing the problem ;o
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Placing the blame on Antivirus software gives them more time to scramble around hectically like headless chickens trying to find a solution. But like headless chickens not much comes out of running around >_>

Instead of wasting time coming up with fictional information, we'd appreciate an ETA on a fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
    edited September 2010
    Options
    btw.... i can't understand how did you fix the issue if it was something about our computers.
    Or how did you fix without knowing the problem ;o

Got the get into your minds and computers b:shocked
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Instead of wasting time coming up with fictional information, we'd appreciate an ETA on a fix.

Nevahhhhhh

GM's and Dev's don't fix problems, just look at PWI it's a problem in it's self b:laugh
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Not trolling. Simply pointing out that I can connect with one computer in my apartment randomly. Meaning, if I log out, I can't connect again for a while. I think I have managed to get connected three times, today.

So, I seriously doubt your hypothesis. And your logic, while it would be sound, does not fit this scenario.

That's what happens when you're smarter than the average bear, Booboo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I am currently able to log in and out of my laptop repeatedly. And I am now able to log into my main. I would suggest anyone that hasn't done so should check their ability to connect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Many thousands couldnt log on either .. weird aye.

Only HT server was unaccesable could log onto other's fine .. Guess its the firewall then b:surrender

Cant really blame the players comp's when been cases of people logging on fine then others sat not 2 ft away being unable to. Or being able to log > leave > and no being able to relog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The logic is similar to as if you would have said "it rains because the sky is blue", where a and b is a fact but not relevant to each other.
    *Semi retired*
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just got updated other engineers also stated that there was an issue in some regions overnight for HT.

Was resolved hours ago. Please try again.

Please note I pass along the info as I get it, so don't kill the messenger! b:sadb:surrender
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Please Note I Pass Along The Info As I Get It, So Don't Kill The Messenger! B:sadb:surrender

This Is Ht Server!!! Pow!!!!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just got updated other engineers also stated that there was an issue in some regions overnight for HT.

Engineers? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options

Quote because I LOL'd out loud for reals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Quote because I LOL'd out loud for reals.

You weren't the only one rofl
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

This was not an AT&T issue. I verified when I called them that there were no outages nor any problems with my own line. I live 30 miles from your server and was able to connect after a multitude of tries on one PC and ran into the very same problem on the other PC after doing absolutely nothing (I had went to sleep) but updating the game. An OS firewall nor router firewall (I don't use a software firewall nor antivirus since I constantly reformat via ghost) doesn't miraculously change by idling and leaving the PC -- possible, but extremely and utterly unlikely. Since it seems to be fixed without any changes to the client and especially my own PC, and I was able to log-in before (with some similar issues connecting to RT) looks like it was a server side problem, not to mention it was a giveaway by the multitude of solutions offered (when we all know it started soon as the update occurred, also ruling out ISP's) that's analogous to swatting flies with a shotgun. After asking friends, it happened in pretty much every corner of the world, including in the very same Bay Area (that's me!) the HT server is in. b:bye

I don't mean to come off as rude but I could not believe reading the solutions offered.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if in doubt, blame someone else :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Issue has passed. Please post tech related issues in our Tech Support Zone for future problems.

Thank you all! b:victory
This discussion has been closed.