Wizards are toughest to play? Ok.

Options
13»

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've been a wizard for a long time, and I've come to realize that you just have to accept that you're useless in instances.
    Or that the game balance is **** and broken. I agree with your post, but I refuse to accept it (until I quit anyway).

I don't accept it, I QQ about it. And it's morons who disagree with it ("wizards are just fine" or "the game is fine" or "-interval is fine cause it's only for PvE mostly") that get on my nerves when they know. I mean why does it bother them that I ask for wizzies to be improved so they are useful in PvE as well? Or to nerf the -interval classes, most of the time their excuse is PvP balance when they already said that -interval doesn't matter much in PvP (since target most of the time doesn't stay still)... morons are plentiful.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've been a wizard for a long time, and I've come to realize that you just have to accept that you're useless in instances. Wizards are specifically built for one purpose only, and that's pvp. Don't try to lie to yourself and say that wizard is a pve class. So making money to improve your gear so that you can actually be useful in the one role that your class is good for is ALWAYS going to be hard.

Anyway, that's why people say wizard is the hardest class. It's not actually hard skill wise, in fact it's one of the easiest in that sense. It's hard because it's hard to get good gear without wasting tons of time farming money, and endgame is all about having good gear.

Ugh.

Ok, where did you ever see "why" wizards were built? And assuming you are correct that they were "built only for pvp", you don't see a problem with that? I highly doubt it is true, but assuming it is, isn't it a stupid thing that should be corrected?

Also, we have excellent mass aoe damage. Hardly a skill meant for 1 vs 1 pvp. Or were we designed for an even more limited role? Group vs group pvp only? Surely you don't believe we were intended to have so little purpose.

And wizard is the hardest class not because of cost. Please. We use practically the same gear as every other arcane class.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adea - Lost City_1363814429
    Adea - Lost City_1363814429 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wizards should be for both PvP and PvE right? Why else would we have the option to go Sage(PvE) and Demon(PvP). b:thanks
    Hey hey why are you whimpering over there in the corner all by yourself(awww poor you)? Q_Q(rofl my tears Dx) ish okies stand up let's find you some friends(to cry with you). It starts within, just be yourself(YOU SUCK!)^-^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wizards should be for both PvP and PvE right? Why else would we have the option to go Sage(PvP) and Demon(PvP). b:thanks

Fixed.
    b:chuckle
    Sage BIDS
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Some of this has been said before but let me just summarize the facts.

Wizard is not a DPS class, it's a DPH class.

And a wizard + psychic + blademaster team can get some incredibly damaging hits in...

But wizards have really good dps on crowds, and they have great defenses and defensive abilities. (Archers and Psychics also have good DPS on crowds but both of them suffer when they pull aggro. Archers do half damage against close up monsters, and psychics have to do something analogous to themselves, to keep themselves alive.)

And properly built wizards can tank a few hits. And wizards can sometimes keep everyone alive in what would otherwise have been a squad wipe.

Oh, and my wizard has done well enough in some competitive PvE situations. (Better than other wizards with better better weapons than I, better than many but not all 5aps characters, abysmally worse than a top-end 5aps assassin with +12 daggers.) However... I did not do so good in the Nein event (I never got above maybe 9th place there), and I have never tried the celestial tiger event, so it is not all easy street for me.
This discussion has been closed.