Evasion or HP?

arnoldd
arnoldd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Archer
Hey Guys,

As an archer I'm thinking about maxing out my gear at 90 and going full PvP. Most people shard their gear with HP shards, but I was thinking what if I maxed out my armour with high grade evasion shards? Archers have good evasion already and with gear maxed with evasion shards, how often would they get hit?

So I guess my question really is, HP or evasion and how often will I be hit and missed with maxed evasion gear?

Post edited by arnoldd on

Comments

• Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sin/archer wont miss much same with a bm with 50% acc rings... and you will not stand a chance vs magic classes evasion is not very good past 77 b:surrender
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Consider archers have a 79 skill that grants 1000% evasion for a short time.

Now consider that people consider that skill as **** that's basically only used to get chi.

That should answer your question about whether or not evasion shards are worth anything.
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    forget bout evasion.. in 90+ pvp your main problems will be mag users, sins and archers..

if you shard evasion, sins and archers can miss from time to time.. but you have lower health so it compensates.. and they have high accuracy..

barbs/bms you can kite forever..

and magical users cant miss.. so.. you have better chances with extra hp..

use citrines until endgame gear, then shard +10 vit stones (and sell your house in the process:P)
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sin/archer wont miss much same with a bm with 50% acc rings... and you will not stand a chance vs magic classes evasion is not very good past 77 b:surrender

this is pretty much it. Bm's and Barb's just equip +% Accuracy Rings.
    Magic doesn't miss.
    Sins and Archers have more accuracy than Evasion so it's not often that they will miss.
  • X_Flare - Harshlands
    X_Flare - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i like evasion coz mobs and teh heavy hitters miss alot on me :)
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You're 3x, this guy is talking about 9x.
  • AcidBurnZ - Heavens Tear
    AcidBurnZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i like evasion coz mobs and teh heavy hitters miss alot on me :)

Once you fight someone over lv 77 whit x2 Misty you will notice how much evasion fails.
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    wtf? shards? the shards are hardly noticeable... flawless citrine shards are for like ... 40 HP each... way too expensive and not worth it b:cry
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    wtf? shards? the shards are hardly noticeable... flawless citrine shards are for like ... 40 HP each... way too expensive and not worth it b:cry

They aren't that expensive lol. At least, not once you reach a point where they're necessary. And 40 HP x3 or 4 per piece of armor is pretty nice, though for 90+ PvP you should probably be looking at immacs or perfects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They aren't that expensive lol. At least, not once you reach a point where they're necessary. And 40 HP x3 or 4 per piece of armor is pretty nice, though for 90+ PvP you should probably be looking at immacs or perfects.

Immacs or perfects.... close to 1 mil for the immacs or maybe i'm wrong... Don't know the price of perfects... Oh well, I started over... so can't answer the OP's question
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    @ OP:

Evasion is more or less completely useless in this game, as there are multiple ways melees can increase their accuracy. And as stated by others, magic never misses.

With Barbs, we have several ways to + our accuracy. As well as a couple of skills that never miss.

1. Misty Forrest Rings, TT90 Gold Might Rings and Gold Lunar Rings. All three of these will give an increase to accuracy to +1000 or more if the user equips 2 of them.

2. Bloodbath. This is a barbs self buff, which when maxed out can give us over 2400 accuracy (with sage) and over 3000 (with demon). One barb managed to get his acc. over 6000, though I can't remember where I read that (and it was probably a lie)...

3. Beastial Onslaught. This is one of our upright skills, and its main use (other than doing a ton of damage) is to reduce the targets evasion by the truckload. Level 10 of this skill will still miss at times, but if a sage barb gets the sage version, it becomes 100% accurate, and will never miss.

4. Mighty Swing. This (along with penetrate armor and onslaught) is an upright barbs primary skill. It does a lot of physical damage and has a 50% chance to stun (though I calculate closer to 39%). Even if the stun effect doesn't activate the skill is still 100% accurate and you'll take full damage if it connects.

5. Flesh Ream. This skill really isn't as useful in PvP as others, but it's another 100% accurate skill that will never miss. And the bleed damage you'd take over time is a bit of an annoyance. If nothing else.

6.Alacrity of the beast. This isn't so much of an accurate skill, but it does have a sealing bonus when it connects. The chance to seal is also actually higher than Mighty Swings stun.

The best solution to dealing with barbs is to try and keep them stunlocked. If one manages to get into melee range and you're not prepared, you're screwed.

As for the kiting comment: Sage/Demon True Form boosts a barbs tiger speed up to 9.3 m/sec. And one can easily get that up to 10 m/sec with green FC cape and Lunar boots. So a barb can eventually run you down. Even Holy Path isn't that much of a saving skill since we can use it too.

A dumb Barb will chase you when kiting, a smart Barb will anticipate where you're going and meet you there in an attempt to trap you.

So...there you go. b:cute
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Evasion is simply not reliable/sucks...
    @ OP:
    A dumb Barb will chase you when kiting, a smart Barb will anticipate where you're going and meet you there in an attempt to trap you.

^^ Take note!
    Any melee will try to go not at you but, where your going.
    I cant count how many times Ive caught a faster opponent because they were traveling at a gradual curve.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Full Evasion for best results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    never get any evasion stuff. Its really useless on mages or anyone else with accuracy rings. I have 3.4k acc and i miss on a wiz once out of 10 hits
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary
    HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ignore this ><
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <rant warning>
    Accuracy/Evasion is such BS in this game. So many rings give like +50% accuracy. Imagine how broken it would be if there was a belt with +50% pdef.. ya its like that. The demon version of the best evasion buff you can get is only +40% evasion. How is that going to compete against +100% accuracy from rings? +300% accuracy from bloodbath? even +200% from fox form? Compare the 40% evasion buff to pdef buffs of +90% or mdef buffs of +60%.

Supposedly the chance to hit formula is something like
    chance to hit = accuracy * level / (accuracy * level + 25 * evasion)
    So not only is accuracy super easy to get but evasion become much less effective against an equal amount of accuracy at higher levels.

Did I mention BMs get 10 accuracy / 10 evasion per Dex compared to an archers 6 accuracy / 6 evasion per dex?

Evasion is such a joke in this game that when they designed a 2nd evasion-based class (sin) they gave them a new evasion mechanic that actually works ON TOP of the existing crappy evasion archers are stuck with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <rant warning>
    Accuracy/Evasion is such BS in this game. So many rings give like +50% accuracy. Imagine how broken it would be if there was a belt with +50% pdef.. ya its like that. The demon version of the best evasion buff you can get is only +40% evasion. How is that going to compete against +100% accuracy from rings? +300% accuracy from bloodbath? even +200% from fox form? Compare the 40% evasion buff to pdef buffs of +90% or mdef buffs of +60%.

Well, we do get a +1000% evasion buff, which makes evasion actually useful, but its cooldown and duration (and the numbers involved) make it marginal for us.

Even with 1000% evasion, some skills are automatic hits and they still have something like a 30% chance to hit us.

But, yes, our evasion buff is like our movement buff... just barely enough for us to be noticing and even that can be difficult.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bloodbath. This is a barbs self buff, which when maxed out can give us over 2400 accuracy (with sage) and over 3000 (with demon). One barb managed to get his acc. over 6000, though I can't remember where I read that (and it was probably a lie)...

actualy a barb can get over 7k accuracy ofc thats with blood bath double 50% acc rings and a fist build but it is possible

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6b63a695bb5c46a3

if the link doesnt work im sry lol for some reason pwcalc has been acting up for me

but build a barb put decides on it double mistys or LG rings and put on demon blood bath (if your makeing a claw barb will probly want it to be demon)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    actualy a barb can get over 7k accuracy ofc thats with blood bath double 50% acc rings and a fist build but it is possible

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6b63a695bb5c46a3

if the link doesnt work im sry lol for some reason pwcalc has been acting up for me

but build a barb put decides on it double mistys or LG rings and put on demon blood bath (if your makeing a claw barb will probly want it to be demon)

The reason I stated that it might have been a lie, is that this was pre-interval explosion, and he was "supposedly" pure str demon build. No fists, no claws, just zerk axes. :/

However, I've never really played with any other build type with the pw calc, as I just use it sometimes to gauge what the next "best" piece of gear I need or should get. That I can afford lol.

But, thank you for showing me that. At least it is possible for a barb to get rediculous accuracy if one's willing to go that direction. ^^
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die