New Procedure for Faction Icon Request

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

Good news! The Faction Icon submission procedure has recently been streamlined significantly; no longer will you have to submit a Customer Service ticket to be able to submit your faction icon!

The new procedure is as follows:

1. Log in to the PWE Site.

2. Click "My Account" at the top of the page.

http://img844.imageshack.us/f/icon1l.jpg/

3. Click "Faction Icon Submission" in the "My Profile" category.

http://img641.imageshack.us/f/icon2e.jpg/

4. Follow the instructions on the page and upload your icon!

http://img683.imageshack.us/f/icon3u.jpg/

Please allow a few weeks for processing, as there are numerous internal steps that must be completed to install your icon.

Also, please remember that icons will only be given to factions that follow the correct naming conventions, which are explained at the Faction Supervisor NPC in Archosaur.

Good luck and enjoy the new system!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Woot! nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a lot simpler than what I had to go through lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a lot simpler than what I had to go through lol.

inb4qqabouthowtheolderplayerhadeverythingharder

Well, it's a good thing that they're making these things more organized and easier.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    inb4qqabouthowtheolderplayerhadeverythingharder

Well back in my day i had to walk 100 miles, uphill, both ways, through 40 feet of snow, to get to.. ohwait nvm, i didnt, lol
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    For ease of reference, this is now also up on the PWI wiki: How to Get a Faction Icon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Offloading mail from your mailbox so u have even less to do

I see what you did thar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can you also post the officially supported way to have transparent areas of the icon?

I can't remember if it is BMP or TGA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    For ease of reference, this is now also up on the PWI wiki: How to Get a Faction Icon

Change your icon, wanna be eatwithspoons
  • Angel_Mew - Raging Tide
    Angel_Mew - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Still no addition of ~ symbol to allowed list. Our faction and about 10 others I can think of are still out of luck.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So you can change faction icon so often that you want now?
    Hmm was that bad english or not? b:surrender

And I can't make the dropdowns to work... Not up and running yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can you also post the officially supported way to have transparent areas of the icon?

I can't remember if it is BMP or TGA

TGA because BMP doesn't support transparency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Question to GM's. Please, can you forward question to dev's and return answer: how many bits used for transparency in real? All 8 bits or it's downsample to 1-2 bit? Because result icon look little different, not same as source BMP.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please note that the instructions in the 3rd pic Frankie posted will work only if you don't want transparency. If you submit a 24-bit BMP, you will not get transparency. The PWE employee who originally wrote that phrased it poorly, and it hasn't been corrected yet. He meant if you want just an icon, to submit a 24-bit BMP. But if you want transparency, add an alpha channel which makes it a 32-bit BMP. To get transparency, you need to save as and submit a 32-bit BMP.

Here's a link to Vasilisk's short guide (with pictures) on how to get transparency done right in a BMP in Photoshop. It's essentially the same as what I did, and our faction icon's transparency worked right.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8456222#post8456222

I will add that in the last picture, click the Advanced Modes button and select A8 R8 G8 B8 to use all 32 bits. Photoshop apparently defaults to A8 R5 G5 B5, which could be the cause of some people complaining their icon looks different from what they submitted.
    TGA because BMP doesn't support transparency.
    Unless it's changed, they requested it as 32-bit BMP. BMP doesn't "support transparency natively" (if you cut & paste a BMP into a pic, you won't get transparency) because most apps don't automatically convert its alpha channel into transparency. BMP does allow you to add an alpha channel, which is what's used to create transparency. A mod mentioned in the above thread that they're just tiling all the icons onto a single DirectDraw surface. Direct3D handles the transparency from there, and all it needs is an alpha channel be present.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks, Solandri. I added Vasilisk's guide along with your notes on getting it as 24-bit color image with an 8-bit alpha layer to the wiki entry as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i've waited now 3 weeks new faction icon =)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Can those of us not in a faction get an icon too? :D

I'd like a giant fist with the middle finger out, kthxbai.b:chuckle
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Shurelia_ - Archosaur
    Shurelia_ - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hi Im from archosaour
    Currently my leader is trying to apply for the icon. But unfortunately he was unable to apply it because he is not the leader o.O
    Is there a way to solve the problem? tyvm sorry for the bad grammarb:bye
  • Vonheltr - Dreamweaver
    Vonheltr - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Faction Icon submission page still does not work for me, anybody has had any luck with it?

I am leader of lvl3 faction, I tried both IE and Firefox with latest version of flash. Also cleared cache, cookies etc but the drop arrows on page are not working for me.

Doe the page actually work? I see several people with same problem as me and its frustrating b:angry
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Faction Icon submission page still does not work for me, anybody has had any luck with it?

I am leader of lvl3 faction, I tried both IE and Firefox with latest version of flash. Also cleared cache, cookies etc but the drop arrows on page are not working for me.

Doe the page actually work? I see several people with same problem as me and its frustrating b:angry

Maybe it will work when they have finish to parse all data into the new core system... Cause my faction don't even have a leader or any officers yet...

So hopefully it will be fixed along with the core stuff b:pleased

EDIT: Nope, the core system say I the leader of my faction now..
    But I still can't subitt a faction logo cause I am not a leader of a lvl 3 faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IAmBebe - Raging Tide
    IAmBebe - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey I'm following the instructions for icon submision but when it gets to the submision part it isnt giving me the option to click server and download. My guild has been waiting for an icon for 2 months now. I've submited 2 tickets already. It's getting ridiculous.

IAmBebe
  • kibiii
    kibiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there is some kind of problem with submiting a logo to my faction. My leader tried it but it doesn't work because of *stupid part* in faction name there is a space between two words OO, does someone have the same problem and if yes, when will it be fixed ?? cause changing a 1 year faction just for getting rid of the space costs a lot and is really a stupid idea
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kibiii wrote: »
    there is some kind of problem with submiting a logo to my faction. My leader tried it but it doesn't work because of *stupid part* in faction name there is a space between two words OO, does someone have the same problem and if yes, when will it be fixed ?? cause changing a 1 year faction just for getting rid of the space costs a lot and is really a stupid idea

Woo, so close to being a necro..

Anyway, there is no fix for that. Any special characters or numbers in a faction name, from what I remember, does not allow the system to fixate a icon to it. Some "magcial pwe" moment would simply null any icon for your faction. Next time though, create a faction with just one word and spelled how the game says it should be spelled. There will be no fix for it, ever.

Edit: I went ahead and took a screen shot of the exact thing the game tells you NOT to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kibiii
    edited October 2010
    OO what does it mean no fixing it OO. It's a programm, and converting strings isn't one of the hard parts in programming so do you mean more like : the programmers don't care? well then that is really sad
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kibiii wrote: »
    OO what does it mean no fixing it OO. It's a programm, and converting strings isn't one of the hard parts in programming so do you mean more like : the programmers don't care? well then that is really sad

You're implying emplyees at pwe can program, you know that right? The game is old, what's the point of changing it when you can just add to it and make more money. Also what is OO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kibiii
    edited October 2010
    You're implying emplyees at pwe can program, you know that right? The game is old, what's the point of changing it when you can just add to it and make more money. Also what is OO?

OO is a shock XD. eh money money... I just hate when someone is so unprofesionel and "sells" a product without fixing problems. and this convering from strings isn't changing the whole program, it's just adding a bit of code... if the programmers of a big software products would think like that, we wouln't have any updates XD
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yea... this is a returning topic. People have factions, which are 2 years old and cannot get the icon because it has a number in it, a dash or w/e. It will not change... Since I did not start the faction I am in, I can't tell if there always was a warning about the no weird characters (numbers) in the name of a faction. IF there was/is, when the name is being submitted, it should tell you that this name is not appropriate because of such and such reasons, instead of pretending all is good, and then, months/years later, a faction finds out they're screwed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kisherer - Sanctuary
    Kisherer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can directors perform this action.. I would really like to know! plz tell me
  • Germy - Sanctuary
    Germy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It STILL wont work for me! D: And it wont allow me to submit a ticket either. b:sad b:cry I need help!!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It STILL wont work for me! D: And it wont allow me to submit a ticket either. b:sad b:cry I need help!!

this thread is 2 years old.... NECRO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    A wraith thread D: