Faction Submisson

Options
/zus - Dreamweaver11
/zus - Dreamweaver11 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Support Desk
Hey guys. I set ticket to a GM about creating a faction icon. They sent me that link: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/faction

I went to it and logged in. Now it tells me : You must be a leader of a Tier 3 Faction in PWI to submit a faction icon.

Thing is that I am leader of a lvl 3 faction. I cant do anything right now it pisses me off. Anyone know what to do? Without having to send a ticket....

thx
Post edited by /zus - Dreamweaver11 on

Comments

• Vonheltr - Dreamweaver
    Vonheltr - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I went to it and logged in. Now it tells me : You must be a leader of a Tier 3 Faction in PWI to submit a faction icon.

Thing is that I am leader of a lvl 3 faction. I cant do anything right now it pisses me off. Anyone know what to do? Without having to send a ticket....

thx

Same here :(

Im not the original leader but have been for months now... how do they know if we are leaders? I know before you submitted a screenshot with ticket. I was thinking this new way elimenated the whole ticket thing?
  • /zus - Dreamweaver16
    /zus - Dreamweaver16 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I heard we cant do it for now cuz they are improving it ( submission system i think )
  • Vonheltr - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was thinking its not completely set up yet but they shouldnt put it there untill its ready to go... then again this is pwi lol
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Looking into it right now.

@ /zus: your name may be the problem, specifically the front-slash in your name. I believe you'll have to submit a ticket for your faction icon.

@ Vonheltr: You shouldn't be having any trouble, as our system appears to be recognizing your character correctly. Please log out, clear your cache and cookies, and try again.

Thanks!
  • /zus - Dreamweaver16
    /zus - Dreamweaver16 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

@ /zus: your name may be the problem, specifically the front-slash in your name. I believe you'll have to submit a ticket for your faction icon.

@ Vonheltr: You shouldn't be having any trouble, as our system appears to be recognizing your character correctly. Please log out, clear your cache and cookies, and try again.

Thanks!

Oh right well, my correct name is /\zus and it shows only 1 slash, messed up.
    And i already sent a few tickets for my faction icon , tells me to upload it, which i couldnt.
    So....i think im gonna wait for my ticket reply
  • /zus - Dreamweaver19
    /zus - Dreamweaver19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok yesterday was the update so we got our icon ^^
    Lets close this?
  • Vonheltr - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options

Cleared cache, cookies etc several times still not working... dropdown arrows are grey and not working same as bafore.
  • InfernalFox - Sanctuary
    InfernalFox - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cleared cache, cookies etc several times still not working... dropdown arrows are grey and not working same as bafore.

yep i have the same nothing work
  • Vonheltr - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    still nothing grrr
  • Janalla - Heavens Tear
    Janalla - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont see how my name has anything to do with submitting a faction icon , my name in pwi is Janalla and no spaces , the drop down windows aint working for me either and im a leader of a lvl 3 faction now for over a year . the name of my faction is Horizons and no spaces their either . so whats the problem here . i think the submission page just dose not work and needs to be fixed . so no more excuses please cause theirs nothing wrong with my name nor faction name . all my members are waiting for their faction logo to be submitted . i have been trying for days now and nothing . i spend all this money in the game and u cant eaven fix a small problem like this? i have designed websites and ect and it dosent cost a thing to fix a problem like this .
  • Janalla - Heavens Tear
    Janalla - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    honestly i think the submission page is closed and not working on purpose .
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I submitted my faction logo on 6-16-10 on 6-17-10 i got a reply saying it was submitted & it would take a few weeks. if there was any problems I would be contacted by email.

I have checked mail & ticket frequently. the ticket was closed by whoever commented on the ticket, so i have waited patiently as directed.

on 9-27-10, 3 months later I reopened the ticket & uploaded a new logo & proof pic.
    a month later 10-20-10 there has still been no reply, no logo, or a ticket reply.

Since then i have seen *many* other factions submit & receive their logo. all of which submitted a month or more after i did, one faction got their logo 2 weeks later.

So my question now is what gives??? Why do we seem to be the only faction that used correct letters "no space or symbols"in faction name, that is unable to get a logo?
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What is the logo that you were trying to use? Can you post it in here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah its not what i originally wanted but had trouble figuring out the alpha channels so just left background solid black.

I figured anything is better than nothing & when i have more time i can make something cooler after college. have a nice 3D jade logo but it gets destroyed when in conversion to 16x16

its just a black square with a red Z&T combination in red- 16x16 BMP 32 bit

I'll upload somewhere right quick so i can post it in here.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ZTLogo2ndattempt.jpg

Here is the Temp Logo I'm tryin to get up. simple, cheap, nothing special. just something to say HEY WE ARE LEV 3 b:laugh
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bump so not lost
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I personally see no reason why it would be rejected, so it probably is just caught up in a backlog of requests (I know, horrible excuse, right? XD). Other than that, I guess you could submit a normal ticket explaining your issue, or attempt to use the new method they have for submitting logos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A new method b:question

I'm very intrigued now b:chuckle

Last I checked a month ago it was still only submit ticket with upload of logo & pic of faction board, according to the "Database" Which is very wonky in my op, lol.

Did they finally release the E-mail of the person who adds logo's?, I want it! \(^o^)/ woot!!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A new method b:question

I'm very intrigued now b:chuckle

Last I checked a month ago it was still only submit ticket with upload of logo & pic of faction board, according to the "Database" Which is very wonky in my op, lol.

Did they finally release the E-mail of the person who adds logo's?, I want it! \(^o^)/ woot!!

There is a new procedure of Faction Icons, so if you tried submitting it via Customer Support, it may not haven gotton to the appropriate people.

Check here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=843612
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Wynela - Lost City
    Wynela - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Does anyone know whether or not they accept .ico? They aer asking for a 16x16.. which is EXACTELY a favicon.. There are alot of free favicon makers on the internet, which also require no download. I wonder why they ask to put this file in .bmp, i thought that was a joke. Have they changed that?
    Also, I'd like to know how to do the transparancy. Once again, .ico files have transparancy, and it works fine on websites. But since they want .bmp files, I cannot make an Alpha Channel. Will it be still transparant if I just convert my .ico file to a .bmp file?

Greetings, and hope for reply,

Wynela
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Green_Herb - Lost City
    Green_Herb - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how do i go about getting a fac icon if i cant get it from account/faction
    "I Have *Problems* Can You Help?"<---b:cry
    "Hey Nice Pixels How Much!" b:dirty
    "I Got A Package For*YourName*"b:chuckle
  • Adurnadghr - Archosaur
    Adurnadghr - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well ,we have a faction in Archosaur server and our faction name is Lucifer's
    We already submit a logo for our faction but its already more than a week....

Our faction is lvl 3 faction which means we already waste some millions of coins(which most of it we got from selling golds-which is waste of irl money)

If we can't get the logo then, what's the meaning of making this faction?
    Our leader has already ask a support ticket as I suggested, but there is no reply.

If possible, can Admin or any staff here change our guild name - remove the ' thing?
    It may because of that we cannot get the logo.

It must be written that we cannot use ' or any symbol if we want to get a faction logo, so no one will waste their money again.

We can make the faction with ' and other symbol but why we can't get the logo?

I hope PWI Staff reply this post.
    Thx.
    b:pleasedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    U uploaded the old way 4 months ago and a new submition 1 month ago, still no reply or logo.

The new method does not work for me either, say i need to be lev 3 leader which i am.

Now i'm gonna find my post & bump it up again, if there is still is no reply to it.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The new method does not work for me, It says I need to be lev 3 faction leader, which i am. Core connect labels me as faction leader. so I don't see the problem.

Thats a good question Wynela.

I don't think convertin .ico to .bmp transfers the transparency. I did that & opened the image in photoshop, but it does not show any alpha channels. speaking of photoshop, the directions given on the webpage are not photoshop directions or not CS3 anyway, that command chain is incorrect.

An even if it was it does not tell you how to erase what you want to be transparent.

I believe it is BMP only, which sounds weird for a 3D game engine, there is generally always alternative formats.

.jpg does not support transparency so that eliminates .jpg for trans.
    24bit bmp is for no trans & 32 bit bmp still does not support transparency but uses Alpha channels to emulate Transparency.

I can do transparency all day with keycolors or photoshop in png, targa, etc.. but never learned it with alpha channels using bitmaps.
    I've followed alot of tutorials and many are vague in description especially when it comes to making things transparent with alpha channels.
    all the tutorials gave diff methods.

1 said to add alpha channel, select channel & delete what you want to be trans

another said same but to paint either black & white or shades of gray depending on the level of transparency you want.

My biggest problem is I can't think of a good way to test my pics after to see if the trans works or not.

They need to produce a tutorial that explains what program 7 version they use & how to make a simple transparent logo, since there logo submission is so strict.
    seriously whoever typed that description should be slapped! b:laugh kidding, but it really is bad, wrong & way to vague.

So back to the original. its going on 5 months, no reply to ticket submissions, can't submit with new "streamlined & easier" method & still have had no GM,Mod,Dev response to this forum post.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It doesn't tell you ingame when making a faction that you can't use them.
    However after many factions made this mistake many flame posts started and we was told in a post what characters cannot be used & factions with these characters cannot have a logo.
    Its not a choice thing, they just cannot add them. "Technical issues"

More technical issues, The name cannot be changed & if it is lev 3 it cannot be deleted.

Answers to your predicted replies....lol

No they will not refund your money

Yes the leader will have to pass lead to somebody else to make a new faction & pay all over again with a new faction name.

& yes it should warn you of all this before hand ingame while making a faction & spending money.

I'm not trying to sound like an ****, just giving the response you are looking for that has already been given & has not been given here yet.

GL b:bye
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I looked for my original thread about my problem & it is now gone, it & several others have been lumped into this thread.

But still no answers for me about my personal 4 months of no reply with old ticket submission method which is still labeled as reopened.

Nor is there a reply as to why the new method is not noticing that we are lev 3 leaders, which is why the drop down lists are grayed out making it impossible to submit a logo this way.

My only hope is since the threads have been lumped together, that they may finally be taking some notice to these issues.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bizump for the faithful players & faction leaders who desperately are asking for help & seem to be getting ignored in the Tech support forum as well as ticket submission.

GM posts are fun in flame war posts, but are seriously needed in the tech support section where help is really needed

so Bump.
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi since your I GM I need some info about Factions
    One of my characters is a leader of a faction of one member :(
    How do I change the leadership to one of my other characters?
    How do I change leadership to a character of another player?
    How do I assign, change, delete officer ranks to players?
    Is there any detail information about faction operations like these I asked?
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hi since your I GM I need some info about Factions
    One of my characters is a leader of a faction of one member :(

1.How do I change the leadership to one of my other characters?
    There are two ways you can do this.

Way A = 1) Run PWI on a second computer, 2) Log onto two different accounts on those two computers, 3) invite a character from the second account to the faction, 4) then promote that character to Director, 5) use the Transfer Position button.

Way B = 1) Find a friend that has a factionless alt, 2) invite one of their alts into the faction, 3) promote that character to Executor, 4) log off your character, 5) log on to the character you would like to make Leader, 6) have the friend invite your second character into the faction, 7) log off and back on to the Leader character, 8) promote your second character up to Director, 9) use the Transfer Position button.

How do I change leadership to a character of another player?

Way B = 1) Invite that character into the faction, 3) promote that character to Director, 3) use the Transfer Position button

How do I assign, change, delete officer ranks to players?

When you select a player in your Faction List, buttons on the bottom of the window will become available. The ones you want to look for are: Promote, Demote, Transfer Position (Pass Leader?) and (God forbid) Boot.

Promote will raise the selected character's officer rank in this way:

Commisioner (default)

Executor (can invite players)

Marshal (can invite players, promote and demote Executors)

Director (can invite/boot players, promote/demote Marshals and Executors)

Leader (only available by Transfer Position; can invite/boot players, promote/demote Director, Marshals, and Executors; can Transfer Position to Director, making the Director the Leader)

Demote will lower the selected character's officer rank in this way:

Director

Marshal

Executor

Commisioner

Transfer Position (Pass Leader?) can only be used to give the Leader position to the Director.

Boot can only be used on characters that are already at Commisioner level, so you may have to demote a player before you can boot them.

Is there any detail information about faction operations like these I asked?

Sorry, I'm not a frankie, or even a GM, but I can answer at least a couple of these questions from experience. ^^

I added the numbers, btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Runner - Heavens Tear
    Runner - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok ok went to send my factions Icon in on the faction icon submission form and it wont let me put anything into the boxes it say underneath in ed writing "you must be leader of a tier 3 faction to submit an icon. The thing is i am so what is happening here. we put enough money into this game the least you can do is reply with a solution

Thanks