☆☆Flowing Stardust

Options
DrankElf - Raging Tide
DrankElf - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20363

Hi all. I'd like to make 1 of those, but looks like I need help.

I tried to manufacture Warsoul: Avalokites Fragment from perfect stone twice, but both times manufacturing failed, allthou it says Probability to create: 100% - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21126

So, am I doing somthing wrong, or is there a bug?

PS does any one have this wep?
Post edited by DrankElf - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're going to farm a Warsoul? Prepare to play this game for at least a year if you're going to do hardcore farming, otherwise prepare to spend $30k on this game to get it.

I really have no idea about the manufacture rates, and can't say I care. The new big thing is Rank IX. Better then Warsoul. Sorry I can't be of any more use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrankElf - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    where can i find more info on rank IX weps?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This seems to be fairly accurate.

Also, don't even bother. It's impossible to farm them and it costs about 30.000 USD to buy one.

If you even start farming them, prepare to give up eventually and be stuck with warsoul fragments that will take months to sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrankElf - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    guys, thanx for that...

where can I read more about rank IX?
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Right here.

Keep in mind that it's just as impossible as a warsoul to get the full set though, the problem being the ''general summer's tokens'' which translate into about 3,2billion per piece of equipment (including the ring).

The rep itself isn't easy to get either, but possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Rank 9: (not including the rep...)
    Yay for pwdb being updated again. So each piece of rank IX requires a certain amount of Medals of Glory and Summer Tokens. Medals of Glory are rewarded randomly to land holding facitons once per week. Summer Tokens must be forged with 9,999 mysterious chips each (which likely have to be made from tokens at 10 to 9 exchange). Here is the cost of each piece including approximate coin cost of just the Summer Tokens.

Ring of Trama *required before getting any other gear
    3 Medals of Glory
    32 General Summer Tokens
    319,968 chips (287,971 tokens) ~ 3 billion coins

Rank IX Belt
    3 Medals of Glory
    32 General Summer Tokens
    319,968 chips (287,971 tokens) ~ 3 billion coins

Rank IX Weapon
    5 Medals of Glory
    85 General Summer Tokens
    849,915 chips (764,923 tokens) ~ 8 billion coins

Rank IX Wrists
    2 Medals of Glory
    14 General Summer Tokens
    139,986 chips (125,987 tokens) ~ 1.3 billion coins

Rank IX Legs
    2 Medals of Glory
    14 General Summer Tokens

Rank IX Chest
    2 Medals of Glory
    14 General Summer Tokens

Rank IX Boots
    2 Medals of Glory
    14 General Summer Tokens

Rank 9 Full Set
    19 Medals of Glory (4+ months worth)
    2,049,723 chips (1,844,751 tokens) ~ 19.4 billion coins

from here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OP, I'm not sure you understand the scale of difficulty to obtain the items you're talking about here... and how others in this thread are trying to tactfully tell you.

Warsoul and Rank IX items are essentially in the same category in terms of how much you have to invest to get them. Do you have $30,000 of disposable income? Or do you have 19.4 billion coins plus at least another 800 million to farm 300,000 Reputation (assuming you start at 50k rep before buying it, which is enough of a stretch, and that tokens are 10k apiece)?

I'm not trying to knock your enthusiasm, but this is everything short of impossible. No one is even close to obtaining Rank IX gear yet. Only two people (to my knowledge) have ever obtained Warsouls, and a good portion of the community just looks at them with pity for how much they must have sacrificed to get the Warsoul.

Finally, remember that this game is changing. Every month, we get new cash shop items, new gear or instance additions, or - lest we forget - drastic new changes to the game system. Rank IX has just been introduced less than a month ago, and I have no doubt that they'll release something even more powerful if the level cap ever goes up. So on top of spending thousands of dollars on a bunch of pixels, you'll be spending them on a bunch of pixels that probably won't even be the best pixels a year or two from now.

Try to obtain something more down-to-earth. TT99 gold, Lunar, even Nirvana weapons would at least be realistically obtainable. Hell, you don't even need those to be competent in PVE. Get a Windcatcher FFS... that's only 200k coins, even if you get a bad deal on it.

Do not shoot for perfection on this game. There are much better and more realistic options out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're going to farm a Warsoul? Prepare to play this game for at least a year if you're going to do hardcore farming, otherwise prepare to spend $30k on this game to get it.

I really have no idea about the manufacture rates, and can't say I care. The new big thing is Rank IX. Better then Warsoul. Sorry I can't be of any more use.

1 year? How is 1 year even "hardcore" farming enough to get 1/5th enough of the mats of a warsoul weapon?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1 year? How is 1 year even "hardcore" farming enough to get 1/5th enough of the mats of a warsoul weapon?

By hardcore I meant hardcore. The kind of "you do not stop playing this game for anything" hardcore. You know, much like those people who sit, in front of a computer, do not get out of that chair and just play the game not stop like the little lifeless shells they are.

Because I am seriously not kidding when I say one of those people could possibly have a chance at farming for at least one year and coming what we would view reasonably close to the goal. And remember, what some of us view reasonably close to a goal isn't even technically close at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2 PVP charecters spent $30k for PVP weps in PVE server >.> dont do this! clerics arent the best pvp class but if u gonna pk and wanna get a warsoul switch to pvp server
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    By hardcore I meant hardcore. The kind of "you do not stop playing this game for anything" hardcore. You know, much like those people who sit, in front of a computer, do not get out of that chair and just play the game not stop like the little lifeless shells they are.

Because I am seriously not kidding when I say one of those people could possibly have a chance at farming for at least one year and coming what we would view reasonably close to the goal. And remember, what some of us view reasonably close to a goal isn't even technically close at all.

Yes. It could be done in 1 year BUT farming must all faction 200(players) to farm 1 warsoul in 1 year. Not just 1 person in some random squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrankElf - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well, in this case I won't be chasing this item
    I might just refine my soulsmasher to +12 and that'll be my wep for some time b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hardcore farmers can do 100million a week with nirvana / 3-3 / events. When the nein event was going and I was merchanting well I was doing as much as 170million a week. So yes getting warsoul in 1 year of "hardcore farming" is possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hardcore farmers can do 100million a week with nirvana / 3-3 / events. When the nein event was going and I was merchanting well I was doing as much as 170million a week. So yes getting warsoul in 1 year of "hardcore farming" is possible.

You mean farming by coins. I meant farming mats. Except FF of course.

Also 100M a week is for 99,9% players just dream not reality.

It would mean rank 8 in 2 month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

100m would be considered hardcore because it's not easy. Fitting for something that is hard to get in the first place (Warsoul).
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Its all the same thing... if I wanted to make a TT60 weapon it is a total waste of time for me to go into TT1-1 when it is much better for me to run nirvana for the coins to buy the mats out of AH.

Warsoul frags is similar. Don't waste time farming a mat that is quicker to buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its all the same thing... if I wanted to make a TT60 weapon it is a total waste of time for me to go into TT1-1 when it is much better for me to run nirvana for the coins to buy the mats out of AH.

Warsoul frags is similar. Don't waste time farming a mat that is quicker to buy.

I agree. Warsoul mats is faster to buy it than farm it.:-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and a good portion of the community just looks at them with pity for how much they must have sacrificed to get the Warsoul.

i'm pretty sure that there are plenty of people for whom the sacrifice of getting a warsoul is analogous to our sacrifice to get a burger
    main: psy94
    how about having fun instead of expecting the worse?b:thanks
  • Eril - Raging Tide
    Eril - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'm pretty sure that there are plenty of people for whom the sacrifice of getting a warsoul is analogous to our sacrifice to get a burger
    If I had that much money I would pay off all my college loans, buy a semi-decent used car, and pay first months rent on a decent apartment.

Shelling out cash to buy a bunch of pixels is sad.
    "I'm going to stand here and try to guess how much I'm gonna need to spend on bail by the time someone calls the cops."
    ‎"I'd like to put forward that I'm going to need prior notice if I have to get my hands on anything really illegal."
    "Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street."
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I might just refine my soulsmasher to +12 and that'll be my wep for some time b:chuckle

+12 an 80 bow?

lol

Go for it. That will be so epic. b:victory
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    +12 an 80 bow?

lol

Go for it. That will be so epic. b:victory

As epic as +11 BOUND Mirage Sword? Thought so. b:chuckle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As epic as +11 BOUND Mirage Sword? Thought so. b:chuckle

Or as epic as this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Or as epic as this?

b:cry You have to flash that everywhere now b:cry

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Or as epic as this?

That just *can't* be on PWI...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That just *can't* be on PWI...

Most probably it won't be. The URL name suggests that the SS was taken in 2007, before PWI. I wish it was from PWI though, that'd be soo epic.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Most probably it won't be. The URL name suggests that the SS was taken in 2007, before PWI. I wish it was from PWI though, that'd be soo epic.

That is NowItsAwn's photobucket username, not a date

See?
  • Atryel - Lost City
    Atryel - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

May I suggest not refining the soulsmasher further? Use it till your archer hits level 95 and just buy a heaven shatterer? You'll save more money in the end and its more logical.

My archer's soulsmasher is at +5 and I'm still using it. Already has a heaven shatterer refined and sharded waiting in the bank.
  • Atreana - Lost City
    Atreana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OOOopppPPPppsssSS! Wrong avie used.
  • kalx
    kalx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OOOopppPPPppsssSS! Wrong avie used.

Haha, I don't know why people do that for. I might do that. Just to show off, that I have a lvl 100 character. b:lipcurl
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    kalx wrote: »
    Haha, I don't know why people do that for. I might do that. Just to show off, that I have a lvl 100 character. b:lipcurl

b:byecause a level 51 sin telling people what to do just doesnt look right....
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze