When you die

2»

Comments

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Never. Never ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER will I ask for a res.

Sure, if it's in an instance with another cleric around. Fine. You usually don't even have to ask for one.

But when it's in the middle of nowhere in a crowd of mobs? No.

If it's in your average grinding spot with a decent amount of people around? No.

If it's in west arch with 20 100+ clerics standing right on top of my corpse? Just no.

I feel the same way. Even when my cleric-husband is in squad, I town, unless he's really nearby (but he's usually not, and I don't want him to come all the way over here to res my dumb bum...)

And I haaaaaate when fac members die at low levels, and beg for res's. Seriously? You'll grind back that exp in less time than it'll take for me to fly my slow cleric out to you. >_> Town and grind, lazy bum.

b:chuckle
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What do you do?

I always used release corpse, a little lost EXP saves alot of dignity, lying there going "rez plz" to every barb, veno, archer, psy, sin and wizard that passes >=[

When i has the Cash i have a few scrolls stocked up too.

What do you do?

Respawn with Guardian Angels. b:bye
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Depends on the situation, if i'm in middle of dungeon i use a res scroll, if i die again then no choice then go in town. But if i grind ( which rarely happens at this lvl) and i'm close to town, i go in town. If i do daily's and die usually i'm asking friends or faction mates if they are close to throw me a res b:chuckle
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I release my corpse....

....to all the partying worms below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I usually just release corpse. Unless one of my cleric friends are on and willing to give me a quick rez b:chuckle

Bob, I didn't pay all that money for level 11 res for nothing - you know you can call me b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bob, I didn't pay all that money for level 11 res for nothing - you know you can call me b:victory

Ted is my new Rez Slave. *puts a dog collar on him* Time to fight 3 bosses at once! b:cool
    edited August 2010
    Ted is my new Rez Slave. *puts a dog collar on him* Time to fight 3 bosses at once! b:cool

You know at one point I had 4 sage Revives in my inventory at the same time?

b:kiss

And you can town b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As this point, I don't really die unless I'm **** with something to be suicidal on purpose, or I'm in an instance.
    If there's no cleric in the instance besides me, I either res scroll or release, but I always have guardian scrolls on me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I usually log on my other comp and get on my alt cleric to res myself. If I'm in a dungeon and a cleric can't reach me, I just go to town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I make sure that while my body is falling I'm able to hit a little button on my dagger that reverses the flow of time and then I'll take a different approach to whatever caused me death.
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If there's no nearby cleric in squad i'll casually release corpse regardless of level (even if im at 99% of 99). Bothering people to come rez my **** and drop whatever they're doing...hell no.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If I am in a squad with a cleric, obviously I will get a res; foolish to go to town when a cleric is there to res. If I die and there is a cleric close enough that I can see them on-screen, I may ask in common chat once politely (depending on the situation... if I am dead somewhere near a boss or something it makes more sense to release corpse anyway). But if I die alone somewhere, I never ask faction members/friends for a res. I always just release corpse. Reason being, I have a highish level cleric in the faction, and am usually the one being asked for a res by others (even when not playing that char).... and while I don't mind flying across the map occasionally, it does get annoying after awhile. So I prefer to spare others the annoyance and just release corpse.

I do, however, always carry a res scroll on every character. This being in case of a death occurring at a time when releasing corpse would take too long... say, as a boss you need for a quest is about to die. Especially important for clerics. But I only use them in such cases (or if I am feeling especially lazy >.>).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What do you do?

I always used release corpse

Yeah. Granted, I don't die a lot (and usually when I'm at 0%, trying whether I can kill a boss from my quest list), so I don't even know how much exp I loose (since I don't generally get an advance warning so I can take note of my current exp... and while I generally expect the boss to kill me, going from 0% to 0% doesn't really give a lot of useful information). Nor do I know how much exp loss a cleric will prevent :-)
    truekossy wrote: »
    I make sure that while my body is falling I'm able to hit a little button on my dagger that reverses the flow of time

Ah, that explains why Assassins are often called OP.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    I make sure that while my body is falling I'm able to hit a little button on my dagger that reverses the flow of time and then I'll take a different approach to whatever caused me death.

That only works consistently if you remember to refill the sand though. Something I tend to be...um...less than diligent about. XD;;;
    edited August 2010
    Nana doesn't die - Nana drop kicked the grim reaper now he is too afraid to go near her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lies and slander! I didn't steal his hax gears either. >=O

*Stuffs black cloak and scythe in the closet*

...BTW grats on 100 nub! b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nana doesn't die - Nana drop kicked the grim reaper now he is too afraid to go near her.

That would explain why she can afford to forget about refilling the sand... b:surrender
    edited August 2010
    Lies and slander! I didn't steal his hax gears either. >=O

*Stuffs black cloak and scythe in the closet*

...BTW grats on 100 nub! b:cute

Ty ty ty b:victory

And to answer the OP, if I am out grinding I release corpse - if I am in an instance and my party is depending on me, I always keep a res scroll on me.

I'm holding at 0.0% exp atm anyway, so it's no biggie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Depends:

If I die on my veno or barb: Turn on laptop; start pwi; log in cleric; go to rez. If cleric cannot access certain area (like 3rd map) I go to town.
    If I die on my cleric (which happens too often b:angry ): If I am inside instance use rez scroll, if it's outside I go to town.