#1 Cash-Shopper in PWI

mywisdom
mywisdom Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Chronicles
Who is the #1 CSer in all of PWI, do you think?

/random
Post edited by mywisdom on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    /inb4lolposts

Dragoonz perhaps?
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Duke Blacke... must get by a million teleacoustics a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My vote goes to goonz as well, a +12 warsoul is not exactly what you would call "easy to farm"
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    Shiilune - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Duke Blacke... must get by a million teleacoustics a day.

I lolled. Think dragoonz yes on dreamweaver.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    But then what about Accelerator in HT warsoul dags +12 hmmmmmmb:scorn
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    Yee GoonZ is #1
    cheezedude is a rich cun t aswellb:shocked
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    But then what about Accelerator in HT warsoul dags +12 hmmmmmmb:scorn

I heard he been farming those for about a year... And I don't think he's in "DrAgOOnZ" leagueb:shocked
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mywisdom wrote: »
    I heard he been farming those for about a year... And I don't think he's in "DrAgOOnZ" leagueb:shocked

Accel would destroy him, thats only his alt(new main?) lol
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manhore - Lost City
    Manhore - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko and princeclare from Lost city are big ones, not sure if they are bigger than the ones from other servers

ijs
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko.

He has actually bypassed the payment services and paid the PWI main office directly.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:shocked ...someone has no life...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko.

He has actually bypassed the payment services and paid the PWI main office directly.

He should have gotten a Warsoul...would have saved him a few imo...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2010
    I heard Verita_ sold his car for rank VIII, just rumours though.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    He should have gotten a Warsoul...would have saved him a few imo...b:surrender

I'm sure he would admit he didn't spend his money wisely.

To clarify...Not that dropping $50k-ish into a game is wise, just that he used that money in-game unwisely.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko, hands down.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    meh no idea about other servers but how does having 2 chars with +12 on everything and best gear possible except warsoul (and now rank 9) in 2 months after play sound?
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    just that he used that money in-game unwisely.

I will agree with you on this b:surrender

TBH...seems like every time Shin gets the "best" of something...something new comes out b:chuckle
    meh no idea about other servers but how does having 2 chars with +12 on everything and best gear possible except warsoul (and now rank 9) in 2 months after play sound?

O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah that's Cayo/poohxbearx for ppl from RT that know him lmao.

Too bad he quit not sure if he'll come back now for rank 9, he'd be #1 cashshopper if he continued like this lol.

Or... I heard he has a BM alt idk XD
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko of course. The guy has been around dropping thousands of $$$ on a regular basis since first weeks of PWI open beta. Thats 2 years of massive cash shopping. He spent way more than the value of a Warsoul weapon over time.

Most people with ridiculous gear/refines also farms a huge amount of money - next to the cash shopping in my experience. Or they cash shopped maybe $10-20k-ish to get an OP char than they stop charge zhen and just make loads of money in game from farming/merchandising.

Shinzoko on the other hand farms his money irl and spends it on PWI b:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is a very interesting question but one that would in fact be very difficult to answer. The main reason is many of the heavy CSers do not advertise how much they've spent in game, and trying to figure this out based on gears alone would leave out the, i'm sure, more than a handful of players who may spend hundreds of dollars a month in less conpicuous forms of wealth such as fashion, mounts or even gifts. There's also a good likelyhood many people have spent considerable amounts in very inefficient ways (largely overpaying for stuff of lesser value) or who have simply had terrible luck (there's a good chance some players have blown huge amounts on packs without getting any of the good rewards) both scenarios in which it would be difficult to expect those involved to report their expenses. Add to this the very real prejudice that does exist amongst a large part of the comunity against heavy Cash Shoppers.

To further complicate matters not all "high income" players are heavy cash shoppers themselves, succesful merchants probably having the largest ingame fortunes. It is likely however that many heavy spenders also merchant themselves, and their wealth probably did afford them oportunities that may have allowed them an advantage competing in certain markets. There is also a good chance many heavy spenders have spread their fortune amongst several alts making the tally more difficult.

Now, there are many claims of people having spent as much as the full yearly income afforded by an entry level position for a college graduate. While most of these are likely exaggerations, i have no reason to doubt a handful of players has in fact invested on their accounts such an amount. It is very unlikely we will ever know for sure however, in all likelyhood we may have all squaded with the heaviest spenders while they were using moderately geared alts and never suspected it.

My guess for where the heaviest spender would be is Lost City. PvP servers are far more competitive and LC being the oldest means it's not only has had a greater chance to attract such players, but that being a more experienced and better geared comunity it likely provides the strongest incentive for extravagant spending. I would however place the largest existing fortune in Heaven's Tear, as PvE servers do tend to attract higher flows of new players and a savy merchant could benefit from even those unlikely to make it further than midrange levels, not to mention there is less pressure to spend and so better chances for hoarding large amounts of coin. Sanct might be a good competitor, as the consequences of some expolits (such as Duke Rose) have been more heavily felt there and this may have provided an advantage to a few players.

The more interesting question to me would be who has spent their resources more efficiently. So to speak who got "better bang for their buck". Merchants are likely the number one guess, but if we account for time (and while catshops may run on their own, good knowledge of markets is a time intensive accomplishment) there really is room to discuss who may have gotten more out of PW by investing less...

Edit;
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko. Rumors say that he has spent enough money on the game to get two warsouls. And, like said, he doesn't have any. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    Shinzoko. Rumors say that he has spent enough money on the game to get two warsouls. And, like said, he doesn't have any. b:chuckle

What a waste!b:shocked
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All of them could have helped reduce poverty...b:sad
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cayo/Poohxbearx on RT.

After a couple weeks of play is level 100 on his barb with +12 Gx, full +11 TT99, all 4 socketed with +10 vit stones, prior to getting the TT99 had full +10 TT80 gold 4 socketed with vit stones, with +10 calamity axes.

Then he gets bored with his barb so he makes a sin. A week later he's level 100 with rank 8, +12 grade 15 nirvana daggers with zerk, full +11 gears 4 socketed with vit stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Cayo/Poohxbearx on RT.

After a couple weeks of play is level 100 on his barb with +12 Gx, full +11 TT99, all 4 socketed with +10 vit stones, prior to getting the TT99 had full +10 TT80 gold 4 socketed with vit stones, with +10 calamity axes.

Then he gets bored with his barb so he makes a sin. A week later he's level 100 with rank 8, +12 grade 15 nirvana daggers with zerk, full +11 gears 4 socketed with vit stones.

LOL? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cayo/Poohxbearx on RT.

bull **** alert, bull **** alert! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    bull **** alert, bull **** alert! b:surrender

Pretty much. FYI, Rawrgh, nice try, but that isn't even possible. TT80 armor is grade 10. Vitality stones require grade 12 or above. Cool idea though.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cayo/Poohxbearx on RT.

mk all this is pretty much believable unitll u said TT80 gold with vit stones....im sorry but i call BS on this seeing how TT80 gold is grade 10 and to use vit stones in something it has to be grade 12(i think some1 confirm?) to use in armor. so once again i call BS on the 80 gold.

as for hardest cash-shopper i really do believe its goonz seeing how he as told multiple ppl how much he has spent (last rough estiment i heard was 50k but seeing how im not in EQ anymore im not sure). anyways said my share so good day to u gents and fine ladies
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
    edited August 2010
    I think Rawrgh meant TT99 full socketed with Vit stones.
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LMAO at the idiots who spent that sort of cash in a fantasy game *Priceless* for every thing else theres mastercard b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.