Cat Shop Survey

Options
Katinkova - Dreamweaver
Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I got this idea from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=491822 <-- this thread. It seemed a good idea to try and find out how many people actually buy things from the Cat Shops that clog the centre of W.Arch everyday/night/week/month/year. And also where else people buy their items (such as South Arch next to General Summers, popular (on Dreamweaver at least) with TT shops etc).

It would be really interesting to find out if anyone actually buys stuff from the majority of Cat Shops in West Arch...

I don't wanna bore you with questions, i'll try and keep this short and sweet. b:surrender

Question 1: How often do you buy items from Cat Shops in West Arch?

Question 2: Where else within Arch do you usually buy items from Cat Shops? (I.E. North West Arch, South Arch, East Arch etc).

Question 3: Have you ever set up a Cat Shop in West Arch? If so, why that area and how successful were you at selling your items?

Question 4: What do you think of this idea; "Have different Zones around Arch for the trade of different items." (I.E. Sw.Arch for TT/Weapons/Gear, NW.Arch for Fashion/Mounts/Aerogear, etc).

Question 5:Have you ever experienced really bad Lag in West Arch?

Question 6(just for fun): How would you feel if the Harpy Wraith randomly spawned in West Arch from time to time, it's only objective being, to obliterate all the pink n orange Cat Shops?

Thank you for taking part in this Survey, have a cookie :P...no Zen, i'm not affiliated with OfferScam...er...OfferPal b:victory
Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
Post edited by Katinkova - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1) Almost daily.
    2) Sometimes from South Arch.
    3) Yes. Most people visit West Arch daily so it's easier to get customers. I have also been very successful so far.
    4) That is already happening. TT mats are at forges and chi stones near Watchers of Earth. I wouldn't want to have it happen more than this; it sucks to have to go from different part of Arch to another.
    5) Yes if I show the players outside range limit. If not, I can play with full settings without any lag.
    6) I'd fall from my chair IRL. Even more so if some red name catshops dropped items at death. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I got this idea from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=491822 <-- this thread. It seemed a good idea to try and find out how many people actually buy things from the Cat Shops that clog the centre of W.Arch everyday/night/week/month/year. And also where else people buy their items (such as South Arch next to General Summers, popular (on Dreamweaver at least) with TT shops etc).

It would be really interesting to find out if anyone actually buys stuff from the majority of Cat Shops in West Arch...

I don't wanna bore you with questions, i'll try and keep this short and sweet. b:surrender

Question 2: Where else within Arch do you usually buy items from Cat Shops? (I.E. North West Arch, South Arch, East Arch etc).

Question 3: Have you ever set up a Cat Shop in West Arch? If so, why that area and how successful were you at selling your items?

Question 4: What do you think of this idea; "Have different Zones around Arch for the trade of different items." (I.E. Sw.Arch for TT/Weapons/Gear, NW.Arch for Fashion/Mounts/Aerogear, etc).

Question 6(just for fun): How would you feel if the Harpy Wraith randomly spawned in West Arch from time to time, it's only objective being, to obliterate all the pink n orange Cat Shops?

Thank you for taking part in this Survey, have a cookie :P...no Zen, i'm not affiliated with OfferScam...er...OfferPal b:victory

1. Once at 2 weeks or so o.O
    2. Nowhere, ( south auction house fan b:victory) i buy things from there if they have a resonable prices if not just wait for next day and check again and so on
    3. Actually i did set up a kitty shop when JJ packs we're here, shop @ teleport = succes
    4. Dont really care, i dont really check kitty shops unless i really need/want something , west lag scares me >.<
    5. YES
    6. *res me pls* , * can i have a res pls* , *res coords-8374387 8745987* b:cute
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. 2-3 times a week, mostly try to use AH however.
    2. Once a week i buy genie food in South Arch.
    3. No, handle all my sales through AH.
    4. There are already areas of sorts within Westie, commerce will follow foot traffic so unless you had some sort of enforcement i think the idea would fail.
    5. Not really, got an ok comp and connection.
    6. I would love to see it happen.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Fairly regularly. West Arch usually has the best selection and prices.

Almost never anywhere else. Speaking as a merchant, non-West Archo is where you go when you can't match your competitor's prices.

I always have at least 1 shop going, sometimes 2, rarely 3. Right now I'm earning about 1-2 million per day in profit, but that can go as high as 10 million per day if market conditions are right..

Meh... if people actually wanted this it would have happened already.

On my crappy Celeron 1.9Ghz laptop with 512MB RAM and Radeon 7000? Yes, it's a slide show. But it's good enough to run a catshop, so I'm fine.

On my new(ish) computer, no, not really.

It would be no different than all the random disconnects that already plague my cat-shops and chew into my profits, so go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Steeling - Raging Tide
    Steeling - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1.) Not too often, I only ever go through any of the shops is when I'm actually searching for something I need.

2.) Pretty much just stick to West Arch. Sometimes I get things from the shops in front of the Twilight Forges.

3.) I have once. I sold a few things, so it was pretty successful.

4.) That would be a lot of running to get to each area, but it's an interesting thought. Would be better than weeding through all those kitty shops.

5.) Not horribly bad. I have maximum settings on so there is a little second lag, but I live with it to have my good graphics.

6.) Kitties go b:angry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    not often, maybe crazy stone shops
    west arch area
    Yes, in west arch. sales varies from 50k-10m a day :S
    i think that is pretty much set up already. a little...
    -around west banker is tokens
    -across from west banker is fashion
    -near west tele is the expensive shats
    -central west is the packs
    -west gate area are DQs
    -west closer to forge is TTs

sometimes
    fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Question 1:
    About... once every 2 weeks, or once a week.

Question 2:
    South arch, mostly TT stuff.

Question 3:
    Yeah I did, all over the place lol Success.. 50%, found AH better in most cases.

Question 4:
    There are. But theyre mostly in west arch. Still theres clearly fashion and cash shop zones. And theres a giant TT mile at the forges in south.

Question 5:
    Yep but that was on a pc that was 5 years old. Barely lagging now with newer system.

Question 6(just for fun):
    Id laugh my butt off. Cause I put my stuff in AH to sell at most times b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sanctuary is already strongly separated with cat shops.
    - Event items near west tele
    - tokens near west banker
    - herbs near west apothecary
    - mineable mats near wine merchant
    - crafting mats near west blacksmith
    - Chi stones near south watcher
    - TT mats near forges
    - Event packs in center intersection
    - mirages near arch elder
    - Fashion / dye across from west banker

The fashion one is interesting as there is no particular reason that area would be popular with fashion sellers. I think it grew there from one prominent shop that other shops copied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The fashion one is interesting as there is no particular reason that area would be popular with fashion sellers. I think it grew there from one prominent shop that other shops copied.

Theres a seamstress there.. So maybe... could be the reason.
    Or all other places were already full lol
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is also a sort of area for pet related commerce (SoF, food, skills, etc.) around westie's pet manager and some catshops selling genie related stuff in South around the watcher of the earth. Wines you can find in the BH platform. Is this a Sanct only thing?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. very rarely, I buy a few hundred tokens every now and then, and that covers most of my needs, event pots, teles, wines, etc. If I ever see something worth buying, charms, dragon orbs, etc. for sale then I buy it, but there isn't much of a market for that stuff on RT, if you want cash shop items, buy gold from AH.

2. Wherever they sell tokens

3. Frequently, fairly successful. Merchanting paid for my TT90 gold axes, warsoul helm, and some other goodies.

4. Sounds decent, half the time a cat shop can be selling what I'm looking for and I'll skip it because the shop title wont mention it

5. Who hasn't?

6. Go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • WeirdOz - Raging Tide
    WeirdOz - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Whenever I need something not obtainable from NPC

SW Archo usually when i need a quick mat or two for a piece of TT equipment, West Banker if i need Tokens or Mirages, West Teleporter when i need teles.

Indeed I once set up a shop for merchanting. I'd say it was not very succesful since i did not have large funds to bury under it

This a great idea. I have noticed more and more players moving to North Archo but I don't think it is related to this :P

Good one :) EVERY SINGLE time i walk through. Lag is there even on low detail but not very notable

90% of them should really be obliterated xD

Here you go
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is also a sort of area for pet related commerce (SoF, food, skills, etc.) around westie's pet manager and some catshops selling genie related stuff in South around the watcher of the earth. Wines you can find in the BH platform. Is this a Sanct only thing?

It happens on DW aswell, ii was also curious to see if it was like this on other Servers too lol

DW has shops all over the place, theres a few Herb/mat sellers in North, TT to the south (obviously) ans Misc stuff on the BH platform. East has a couple of Mat sellers. and a few in between, it seems spread out...though West is still half lime green on the mini map b:laugh

• Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver
    Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1) very rarely. sometimes I have extra coin and buy a coral in hope of getting something. If I need mats for making an item, I'll buy those (haven't leveled up my craft skills in a long time though)

2) if I need TT mats or something I'll buy in the south district by the forges, or wines by the center of archosaur

3) yes I usually have a shop up in west district. I sell corals. In that area because other shops sell corals there too, so I figure people will go there when they want to buy them. I usually make a couple gold a day, sometimes more sometimes less

4) I think that'd be a great idea, although probably impossible to convey the message to all the players

5) yes. more often with each update

6) well that'd suck since it'd just get in the way of everyone (buyers and sellers) and money would trade hands less often, which would slow everyones progress, plus everyone would spam WC when they got killed
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Question 1: Often

Question 2: West, South

Question 3: Yes, good spot where lots of ppl pass, but not clogged with other kitties.

Question 4: & How'd you restrict ppl from setting up randomly? + The items you sell in kitty can vary

Question 5: Not that much

Question 6(just for fun): - "Selling 11 lvl res! 100k ea!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It happens on DW aswell, ii was also curious to see if it was like this on other Servers too lol

DW has shops all over the place, theres a few Herb/mat sellers in North, TT to the south (obviously) ans Misc stuff on the BH platform. East has a couple of Mat sellers. and a few in between, it seems spread out...though West is still half lime green on the mini map b:laugh

I would think this should be an almost natural development for commerce, as positioning yourself beside an npc whose services were related to your products would be advantageous. In time people looking for your wares would know they'd stand a better chance to do compare prices and find what they need in that area so the phenomenon would only reinforce itself.
    edited August 2010
    Options

Question 4: & How'd you restrict ppl from setting up randomly? + The items you sell in kitty can vary

There was talk of it being "User Enforced" in that thread, but theres too many people playing this game for it to be sucessful. And it seems to be hapening naturally over time too it seems. *points to MANray's post.

• Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

almost everyday for small things like teles, and sometimes cs

near west tele, and then the corners or near the banker when looking for tokens or fasion

yes, at the corners for fasion (works out nice) and across from the teleport master for buying sof and nix feathers

i think its basically there already, people sell matts at the wine maker, tokens at the banker, fashion near the dye lady, tt mats at the forges

sometimes yes

i think it would be if u saw it happened as a cat hope or a passerby, but coming back to see your charm ticked and shop not up for 6 hours is really depressing when u have no idea why
    edited August 2010
    Options

i think it would be if u saw it happened as a cat hope or a passerby, but coming back to see your charm ticked and shop not up for 6 hours is really depressing when u have no idea why

There-in lies the lulz...i think it would be best if it just knocked people out...being blamed for countless platinum charms ticking....not very good idea lol

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Question 6(just for fun): - "Selling 11 lvl res! 100k ea!"

That's so kind and sharing of you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Almost every day.

Sometimes I look around the south banker.

Many times. The area I choose depends on the item I am selling. My items have sold ok.

This kinda alrady happens, but I wish most people would agree on zones for differente items.

I always lag, but if "bad" means you cannot even move and you dc, no.

b:shocked That would obliterate more than cat shops.
  • celadee
    celadee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    celadee wrote: »
    Check here <3

b:victory

What's this? A keylogger?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    - Event items near west tele
    - tokens near west banker
    - herbs near west apothecary
    - mineable mats near wine merchant
    - crafting mats near west blacksmith
    - Chi stones near south watcher
    - TT mats near forges
    - Event packs in center intersection
    - mirages near arch elder
    - Fashion / dye across from west banker

Pretty much the same on Lost City. The only difference is that usually you don't find any cat shop selling dyes. I was selling dyes some time ago, and was never sure which was the right area. I set my shop near the west teleporter.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Every 2-3 hours, when I'm online

West

Yes, not bad

No.

Yes.

Wouldn't care, my catshop is level 1.

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Only when I absolutely need tokens to make BH SoT/Abaddon wines. Other than that, never.

Usually South Banker/TT Forges/South AH.

Yes, several times I've tried selling in West Arch. Sold not one item in 24 hours each time. Moved to Cube, and sold within the first hour or so from then on.

Would rather catshops be abolished...

Only when I have Effects turned up to max. I always turn them off when heading anywhere near West Arch.

Hell, I think it's a good idea if someone pulls Sword Tamer for that exact reason...
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Blazing - Harshlands
    Blazing - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Everyday.

West Only and TT Forges.

Yes. W Teleporter, Near Jewelscraftsman, Near Banker (Area changes depending on what I'm selling) My sales were very successful. I think people set up shop there because majority of the new characters enter arch and quest from the West side first. Imagine where the first W Arch catshops would've been set up at. That would probably be why it's so popular.

I honestly don't lag in West Arch anymore, so I don't really care, but I'm not walking all the way to NW.Arch just to buy clothes, no thanks.

Only on my old pc, which I bought too many years ago. I recently upgraded.

I would be very angry because I'm pretty sure Harpy Wraith can one shot me with it's aoe. I don't want to have to wait for Harpy Wraith to go away to pick up my dailies nor waste a Guardian Scroll / beg my friend to revive me with Demon/Sage Revive if it was my main.
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I buy stuff when it interests me/I need it. I check the main Catshop areas almost daily, when I'm done with quest/BH/what-have-you, because sometimes, you can find amazing deals. Generally speaking, I buy more from Cat Shops than I buy from the Auction House.

Question 2: Where else within Arch do you usually buy items from Cat Shops?
    I tend to fly or ride a round along the main road going around Arch. West Arch is the most heavily populated with Cat Shops, so I usually end up buying stuff there, though.

I have, and it was fashion: set up across from West Arch Banker, almost everything sold within 8 hours or so. Then again, I wasn't asking for ridiculous amounts of coin.

Question 4: What do you think of this idea; "Have different Zones around Arch for the trade of different items."
    It's already happening all by itself, and I like it like that. It helps if you want to compare prices a little.

Yes, during the Nein Events, and if I don't hit F9 when it's especially crowded.

I'd get out the popcorn. Then again, we'd probably just see Cat Shops set up on top of houses, walls, or other places the Harpy can't get to.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. I look at shops in west every time i log in, or am visiting arch for a few moments while playing (mostly fashion shops xD)
    2. i dont really look anywhere else, unless im passing through and the shop name caught my eye (such as FASH in title lol)
    3. yes. sometimes good, sometimes bad. i think it really depends on where i set my shop of, and most importantly, if my prices are right. i wish people would actually leave messages in my shop for offers on things that they might think is too pricey.
    4. not really fond of that idea, because most of the time i have mixes of different things in my shop.
    5. graphical lag, yeah, maybe a little bit, especially if i leave my game connected all night long w/ the graphics on high, the memory usually gets real high then. after restarting my game it is fine though.
    6. o_O... lol, just lol.

i kinda wish the auction hall was used more than cat shops, but because of taxes, i can understand why people dont use it as much as shops. if they just got rid of AH taxes, and take away shop feature, then the server could be less laggy, especially west arch. and people can even log off at night o_o maybe save some money on the electricity bill (and more money to put towards you, PWI, hint hint wink wink lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd get out the popcorn. Then again, we'd probably just see Cat Shops set up on top of houses, walls, or other places the Harpy can't get to.

Lol, imagine them all up on the high walls that border and divide up the city xD