What classes get most invites to instance parties here?

jimiburg
jimiburg Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Hmmm you need tanks,healers and DPS....right?

1.Only one tank needed or two?

2. A party has one or two clerics?

3. What class gets the most DpS invites?

\4. Oh yeah....full party is 6?
Post edited by jimiburg on

Comments

• JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Depends on what level and what instance runs you do. Usually, you will have 1 tank required, and 1 cleric required. Having more clerics (Preferably 2) is always good. If you are looking for DPS, assassins and archers have it as damage dealers. As of invites, all damage dealers (Which means all classes except barb and cleric) get roughly the same amount of invites. Full party is 6.

PvP is a whole different story, but that's how it works for PvE dungeon runs.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ehm, clerics dps/debuff/spot heal too.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dude, try not to go too crazy with the posting, there's a section for beginers in the forums and you can probably find the answers to many of your questions already stickied in there. As for classes it's pretty much Barbs and Clerics that are wanted, even when other classes could handle the tanking or there's already a Cleric in squad. Blademasters and Venos are a far second, sometimes in demand as good support or for specialized jobs although these are traditionally the most played classes so usually squads get to cherry pick amongst them (level, gear, experience, etc.). Wizards and Archers are sometimes required for certain types of runs such as RB (usually requiring AoE DD) while Assasins and Psychics have proven themselves both extremely capable and also dangerous when in incompetent hands. In general terms all classes except Barb and Cleric do have an almost equal chance of making a squad being interchangeable in many aspects, as there definitively is an issue with class balance in the game...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Most invites = Competent barb or competent healer.
    It be either of those two.
    b:bye
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would say barbs over clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archers are probably the highest demanded out of the DD classes.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archers are probably the highest demanded out of the DD classes.

this is a joke right?

if not holy hell are people bad at this game

STA = 16% debuff

lvl 10 hf = 6 of 30 seconds at 100% amp = 6/30x100 = 20% speed up boss and far higher base DD at 60+

veno amp = 20% debuff over 20 of 30 seconds = 13% amp + phys debuffs+myriads and pet damage on ? (multibash scorp with claw/wanderer with same ftw)

sins are just nasty DD

wizzies and psys...ya you trump them

so an archer is only worth bringing ona full squad run IF you already have 4 bm's/sins and a veno if your talking ideal DD basicly you bring archers for range or if you cant find bm/sin/veno thats better or better geared

(not going into sage/demon or lvl 100 skills)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Is that supposed to be a new thing?
    sins are just nasty DD

Yes, because any sin of decent level will have Subsea Strike and Tangling Mire. The former stacks with HF, so you get an epic ****load of damage. Not to mention that obviously it's spammable, since chi is candy for sins.
    so an archer is only worth bringing ona full squad run IF you already have 4 bm's/sins and a veno if your talking ideal DD basicly you bring archers for range or if you cant find bm/sin/veno thats better or better geared

Well, there's always Barrage.

But yes, the reason I am leveling an assassin right now is because they'll have like 35% more DPS at level 90 compared to my Archer, using gear gotten from my Archer.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    If you think about it, 4 (5 with genie) aps sage veno with hp debuff > archer for instance bosses. b:shocked
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cash shoppers.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    this is a joke right?

STA = 16% debuff

lvl 10 hf = 6 of 30 seconds at 100% amp = 6/30x100 = 20% speed up boss and far higher base DD at 60+

Archers in mid levels have alot more dps than BMs. BMs are more of a support class while archer is pure DD. It's not until later levels with stacked intervals that fist BMs excel at DD and can hold aggro over bow archers.

As to the original question, it depends on the instance but its hard to go wrong with barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i'd say cleric since even at lower levels a bm can tank bh. I tanked bhs on my bm in 29 and 39 very frequently. did one full 51 run since we couldnt find a barb but did just fush and rankor many times. Though a barb is always preferable on those runs.

as for DD I usually prefer an archer. Sins are great to have when I'm running as a barb or bm for bloodpaint but when I'm on my cleric its usually easier to keep track of an archer or wiz. besides that sins seem to have this habit of wanting to tankb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cash shoppers.

Gonna fix this.

Low instances: Cleric,Barb,Dds

Mid instances: same

Late end game instances: Cash shoppers..
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i favor squads with 1 bm (buff) and a archer
    and a intervall barb is the best thing ever, buffing the attack of all int users, +hp
    (even if the squishie arche is still tanking, he is taking less damage and the barb is dealing good damage)

when it only comes down to class i would always take a bm or archer over a sin, like when i dont know them

least wanted class in anything seems to be psych, followed by wizard b:bye
    i like potato
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    least wanted class in anything seems to be psych, followed by wizard b:bye

wizard is in super high demand for RB. Too bad noone does that anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1. Barbs
    2. Clerics
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wouldnt go pick a class based on desirability of what others want, but what you will WANT..

Being a cleric in high demand is never an easy game life.. People have over rated expectations of the players, and the character.

For barbs it is bout the same.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lowbie levels = Barb than cleric

Mid levels is like Barb Barb Barb, specially for Frost and BH69. You can be horrible and have lvl 1 skills and 8k hp fully buffed in Tiger. No one cares they just desperately need a barb. You even get people paying for repairs, wine fees even Hypers just to join a party XD

Higher levels, for Nirvana especially i woulds say fist BM/Sin. Doesnt matter if you have 1.0 interval sparked and a +1 Frost weapon and do less damage than a Hercules pet. If you're a Sin or a BM with some sort of fist/claw/dagger (can even be a lvl 70 weapon) people will assume you're an amazing DD purely based on class and invite you at least once b:chuckle Also if people smell cash shopper in general, you get a lot of invites.

Clerics are always needed at high levels to, but its so many clerics out there so its not always that easy to get parties for instances - specially since many players have their own cleric alt/ heal slave that can spam a heal macro.

Hardest class to get into parties in general would be wizard. Really only parties for Rebirth, Frost and BH79 where you will get invited pretty fast.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archers in mid levels have alot more dps than BMs. BMs are more of a support class while archer is pure DD. It's not until later levels with stacked intervals that fist BMs excel at DD and can hold aggro over bow archers.

As to the original question, it depends on the instance but its hard to go wrong with barbs.

never had any issues with dark flash/aos and bracers of blood moon holdign from a freinds archer with W&C and bracers and strangly if i was HF spamign in TT the aggro went on my bm when tank died not the spark spaming archer

but thats just my personal experiance
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Barbs and clerics up until late game. BMs get parties fairly easy, but there are so many of them you might have trouble finding yourself a spot with all the new TB out there leveling.

Archers are great mid-game through late game but are overlooked and underappreciated. A well placed sharptooth and proper attack management make them a benefit to the party. Not knowing how to play an archer makes for a lot of squad wipes. Sins are about the same, but bad sins seem to have taken the squad wipe title away from bad archers.

Venos are still appreciated if they have a rock/herc at their own level... sadly a lot of the newer ones level so fast their pets are fail and only good at luring. I gave up doing random squads for FB51/59 with venos because most of them couldn't tank when they should have been able to.

Mostly it doesn't matter. Just have friend who is either a tank or a cleric (unless you are), make wines and look for your own party.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    never had any issues with dark flash/aos and bracers of blood moon holdign from a freinds archer with W&C and bracers and strangly if i was HF spamign in TT the aggro went on my bm when tank died not the spark spaming archer

but thats just my personal experiance

I could also point out that I have held aggro over TT70 bow +5 with my AoS +1 (no interval bracers or anything) but that would sound like lying. So I'm not going to say that. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Clerics are #1, because healing is always needed, and with a high enough level cleric and/or the right other class for the boss(es) they may remove the need for a barbarian. Clerics can also resurrect dead players, which no other class can do. They also have some really nice buffs too.

Barbarians are #2, because they usually make the best tanks. They generally have a ton of HP, a strong physical defense (most mobs use physical attacks in melee), and plenty of aggro skills. Barbarians are often a bit harder to find, too.

Venomancers are a more distant #3, because they can pull mobs out of groups, act as a DDer, and can sometimes act as a backup tank using their pet. Also, in instances, like Twilight Temple, their pet's damage isn't nerfed, which helps a bit. Still, many people keep Zeal genies with Earthflame so that they can lure without needing a veno.

Blademasters might be a #4, but mainly for being a backup/replacement tank since they are the other heavy armor class.

All of the other classes are further down in the "wanted for squads" category. At least for most FBs and BHs.

For things like Rebirth (RB) and zhenning, continuous AoE is handy, so Archers and especially Wizards are highly valued.

So, it depends on what your squad is doing a bit as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lately i feel like i wanna be a 5.0aps BM, their more luved =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lately i feel like i wanna be a 5.0aps BM, their more luved =o

Just be 5 aps Cleric b:victory.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just be 5 aps Cleric b:victory.
    FAIL EPIC FAIL....... i want dmg not the aps >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    jimiburg wrote: »
    Hmmm you need tanks,healers and DPS....right?

1.Only one tank needed or two?

2. A party has one or two clerics?

3. What class gets the most DpS invites?

\4. Oh yeah....full party is 6?

1. Barbs will tank 90% of the time. The other 10% generally goes to high leveled BMs and assassins, a veno's pet hercule or, if it's a magic boss that's not too tough, any damn magic caster.

2. One usually, only two for extremely difficult instances or bosses. Wizards and Psys can act as back-up healers if the need for an extra healer isn't TOO dire.

3. Highest DPS classes are basically Assassins, Archers and Psys, or anything wearing a fist at 90+. Despite this, Sins generally aren't good team players and have a bad reputation for various reasons, so there are many instances they simply may not be invited to due to a party leader's prejudice. Psys get hit with this too simply by association. In fact, I'd say the other most-searched classes aren't the highest DPS at all. BMs are always ALWAYS welcome simply because they're good team players (and of course they're high DPS after level 90) and venos are generally welcome because they have rather unique talents that can be helpful (no I don't mean handjobs).

4. Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1. Barbs will tank 90% of the time. The other 10% generally goes to high leveled BMs and assassins, a veno's pet hercule or, if it's a magic boss that's not too tough, any damn magic caster.

Barb yes at low > Mid levels . Most squads i go with now for BH, TT, Nirvana etc its nearly 90% Bm's tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Barb yes at low > Mid levels . Most squads i go with now for BH, TT, Nirvana etc its nearly 90% Bm's tanking.

Barbs tank from level 1 to level 90. Isn't that 90%? :U
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Barbs tank from level 1 to level 90. Isn't that 90%? :U

Not nowadays .. Whats 1-90 a month ? most of peoples game time is spent 90+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, Cleric and Barb are the most needed and sometimes it's pretty hard to find them, lol. xD And Venos, I see people wanting Herc Venos on world chat all the time... I'm Herc Veno and have no problem finding a squad, I often end up tanking bosses. I'm also an active supporter and people appreciate it (amp on bosses, p.def debuff, bramble, giving spark, pulling, etc). But yeah, if you know how to play your class, people will love to squad with you. Many people add me as a friend after instances and just PM me later to go again. ^^