Server Attacks getting DC'd

RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary
RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
ok now i have never been dc'd now for almost 6 months with my new wireless modem. Now i can't even log back in the game after being kicked idk maybe 20 times tonight. I think u gm's have better look into someone tryng to attack ur server! Cause my security isn't the cause of this new episode of dc's. Almost feel i shouldn't log in cause they gonna get my info/credit information. Please let us know what is happening. thank you
Post edited by RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok now i have never been dc'd now for almost 6 months with my new wireless modem. Now i can't even log back in the game after being kicked idk maybe 20 times tonight. I think u gm's have better look into someone tryng to attack ur server! Cause my security isn't the cause of this new episode of dc's. Almost feel i shouldn't log in cause they gonna get my info/credit information. Please let us know what is happening. thank you

Apparently it's going around tonight.

See the already started thread here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=838272
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I dont think its got anything to do with PWI servers, seems to contained to the Pacific Rim area only (Australia/West Coast) I have heard from people who have not been disconnected at all from game.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I dont think its got anything to do with PWI servers, seems to contained to the Pacific Rim area only (Australia/West Coast) I have heard from people who have not been disconnected at all from game.

it is the servers, or else my internet would be doing the same thing which it isn't plus i played a different game and it wasn't doing it.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you cannot say definitively it is the pwi servers.. it could be..

server to isp network
    isp network to local telecoms
    local telecoms to main US network
    main US network to rest of world
    ... the list goes on.

not seen any complaints from europe yet so does seem to be limited australasia and western states of us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im from europe <.< and i ahvent experienced any DCs so far at all.
  • Slearnn - Sanctuary
    Slearnn - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It definitely isn't the PWI servers themselves or their connection to the internet.

I have 2 isps at home here in Australia and 2 computers with PWI loaded on them.
    On one I have no problems connecting to Sanctuary and playing without disconnections.
    On the other ISP I have constant disconnections. At the logon screen it shows some servers available and others are not there.

My ISPs have different entry points into the USA so they don't share most of their routers.

Seems we have a dodgy router since it doesn't effect everyone from the same location. On brighter note, these sorts of internet problems are usually fixed fairly quickly by the router maintainers. Don't blame PWI.

This is the other thread to watch: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=838272 , but so far it's really a list of a lot of people with problems.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The post that said Wester USA and Pacific countries would have problems seems corrent. Dodgy router anyone? b:sad On brighter note, the sorts of internet problems are usually fixed fairly quickly. Don't blame PWI.

My Deepest Sympathy b:begb:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im from Australia and havnt been d.ced once in a few months. i was reading the other thread and had people from Aus saying they were all getting d.ced. seems alittle odd
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I haven't DC'd once in the last 12 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slearnn - Sanctuary
    Slearnn - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you are in Australia, and if you are on Telstra (or an ISP that uses the Telstra network), then you will have problems.
    On the Optus link I have no problems whatsoever.

There is a major router playing up folks. This won't be the only game or service effected.
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you are in Australia, and if you are on Telstra (or an ISP that uses the Telstra network), then you will have problems.
    On the Optus link I have no problems whatsoever.

There is a major router playing up folks. This won't be the only game or service effected.

would kinda explain it then since im on an optus link
  • Lumecia - Raging Tide
    Lumecia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mines finally fixed and been playing for 4hours now...anyone else having dc issues?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Intermittent connectivity issues somewhere down the pipeline.

I live pretty close to the west coast servers. I had no issues whatsoever.

However, starting at the same time everyone was having DC issues in PWI, I was having DC issues with our Vent server. Nobody else had these issues except for me, and my Vent problems stopped around the same time as well.

Could just be coincidence, but several other vent servers were functioning fine during this time.

/conjecture
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.