Does it get easier?

Chilidogg - Dreamweaver
Chilidogg - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
As you can see I'm level 25, I know it's just a baby level but it's really a pain in the **** right now killing things my level.

I have 600 or 700 hp and mobs hit for 150 and my evade is pretty much nil. If I get ambushed by a spawning mob while fighting another mob, it's over (or I sprint away while I can...if I can). My life saver charm just ran out and I didn't even quip it till I was level 20.

My build is 4 dex 1 str per level I have the gear given to me through quests (I believe mostly lvl 4)

I was blessed with the geanie that uses the fire dot...and I trained it for throw sand (think thats the name) and some other ability that slows the target and reduces it's chance to hit me.

I use the apoc crafted item that regens 50 hp per sec, and I try to keep a ton of them made to help with the downtime and pot consumption.

Are we a gear dependent class? IE do I need really good gear to keep from chugging 50 health pots (and mana pots) for each adventure from town to complete a series of quests?

Are we strictly a 1 v 1 class where running is the only option we have if more than 1 mob gets on us?

So is this what I can expect through the rest of the game? I don't mind if it is, I will just adjust my tactics to compensate and not expect something that will never come.

I've played the stealth class in every MMO I ever tried and this one is by far the toughest to master at this low level (most lower level stuff in other games is pretty easy) and I assume will still be tough to master later through end game.

Thank you in advance for any answers or advice.
Post edited by Chilidogg - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah these low levels f***** my sin alot b:shocked [ I don't talk about players here]

The problem is that you must go through hell to get your reward [in your case,survivability].... once you got bloodpaint,maxed slip,rib strike,anti-death buff. PvE will be a piece of cake.....

you just need to know with what mob you're dealing, knowing your combo's very well.........and don't forget to use a bow aswell

And if we talk about genies skills then do your best to get second wind [wood - 1,earth - 1,water - 1],I remember the times when this genie skill saved me.

I don't think that sins are a gear dependant class,since I run around with NPC gear and still do fine.

Yes sins are 1 vs 1 because they have only 2 AOE's [one ultimate and another one at lvl 49],if you are in trouble then run/hide.It is more safety to run and escape than dying and lose EXP!

As I said before,PvE will be a piece of cake once you got more levels and skills.
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Chilidogg - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the reply, I'll stick with it when I'm not playing my ezmode veno b:chuckle

I have 2nd wind on my veno's genie and it is a life saver for sure. Does it cost a cash shop item to reset the genie skills? If so, I might reroll my sin, it's only level 25 and I got that in 1 day (literally just rolled the character last night and played today).
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not really you can delete genie skills without CS!
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Once you get to 30, you can pretty much afk the rest of the game.

30: Crazy Stone
    40: Crazy Stone + Bounty Hunter
    70: Crazy Stone + Bounty Hunter + World Quest
    90: Crazy Stone + Bounty Hunter + World Quest + OHT Daily

Well, unfortunately, at around 54 you will stop getting 1 level/day from BHs.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The keys to quick kills are your skills. 2 or 3 skills in a row will usually bring down whatever you're fighting around your level. Use a bow to get in 2 or 3 shots before they're in knife range and some genie skills to take down mobs higher level than you.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Once you get to 30, you can pretty much afk the rest of the game.

30: Crazy Stone
    40: Crazy Stone + Bounty Hunter
    70: Crazy Stone + Bounty Hunter + World Quest
    90: Crazy Stone + Bounty Hunter + World Quest + OHT Daily

Well, unfortunately, at around 54 you will stop getting 1 level/day from BHs.

I think i was managing to gain 2 lvls a day...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • NightHavoc - Heavens Tear
    NightHavoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bla Blah Ignore that
    Once u get ur hands on rib strike (around 4~5)
    with Blood paint when ur nukin force Grows Deadly ..When u tend a crit every 3 or 4 hits And Evade around 25%
    U start to rock In PvE ;)
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bla Blah Ignore that
    Once u get ur hands on rib strike (around 4~5)
    with Blood paint when ur nukin force Grows Deadly ..When u tend a crit every 3 or 4 hits And Evade around 25%
    U start to rcok In PvE ;)

Amen brother; I am a grinding GOD!b:cool
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
    edited August 2010
    Amen brother; I am a grinding GOD!b:cool

b:laughb:laugh
    That is it ^^
  • Chilidogg - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the information and help everyone!

I hate the fact my mana burns up when stealth, seems a pretty harsh penalty for being sneaky, which is the class' staple ability.
  • Paraxe - Heavens Tear
    Paraxe - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah the 20s suck pretty bad. Just keep that apoth stuff goin' and you'll get through eventually. One thing I did to make it easier was using Puncture and Slip. Those two will take out more than half a mobs hp and then just auto the rest. Isn't too terrible. Once you get bloodpaint and spark it's get's ridiculously easy. In the time it would take me to fire off slip, I could have already killed the mob with my spark. Interval ftw. (And I don't even have -int gear yet being only 45)
    edited August 2010
    Yeah the 20s suck pretty bad. Just keep that apoth stuff goin' and you'll get through eventually. One thing I did to make it easier was using Puncture and Slip. Those two will take out more than half a mobs hp and then just auto the rest. Isn't too terrible. Once you get bloodpaint and spark it's get's ridiculously easy. In the time it would take me to fire off slip, I could have already killed the mob with my spark. Interval ftw. (And I don't even have -int gear yet being only 45)

Yup That is it ^^
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You just need to get through the 20s, I myself didn't find the 30s much easier either(yeah you get new skills but being low level their effect isn't that strong)
    But it went way better in my sins early 40s
    Now my sin is lvl 54 and its going pretty ok, hopefully better when i can use my new daggers
  • memitox
    memitox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well...i just say that this is a very fun class to play. I found the 20s and 30s pretty easy though i dont know why...Well i always had life powder and mana pots i killed a mob than tackling slash and skills so they couldnt hurt me for some hits than normal attacks

at around lvl 50-60 when your bloodpaint heal alot youll own in pve. I can tank 2 lvl 75 guyz hitting me 400 each and barealy get 1k hp down(with one of them with effect of ribstrike and using double spark). It will get better after. They first aoe you get is awsome in later lvls when your weapon has 1k damage and more when its refined. its worth it to suffer all that pain.
    edited August 2010
    memitox wrote: »
    well...i just say that this is a very fun class to play. I found the 20s and 30s pretty easy though i dont know why...Well i always had life powder and mana pots i killed a mob than tackling slash and skills so they couldnt hurt me for some hits than normal attacks

at around lvl 50-60 when your bloodpaint heal alot youll own in pve. I can tank 2 lvl 75 guyz hitting me 400 each and barealy get 1k hp down(with one of them with effect of ribstrike and using double spark). It will get better after. They first aoe you get is awsome in later lvls when your weapon has 1k damage and more when its refined. its worth it to suffer all that pain.

Apparently it is ^^
  • Lumecia - Raging Tide
    Lumecia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    memitox wrote: »

This. it really does get easier once you reach the lvl 50+ mark. enemy dies faster, you lose less hp. (still though you eat quite some mana if you rely too much on skill spam)