Wizard Pdef or magic atk

Shawnward - Lost City
Shawnward - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Wizard
hey guys im a lvl 73 wiz playing for 2 years now. i dont want to do what everyone does at endgame and use pdef. i want all my endgame gear with magic atk shards no pdef, all my gear will my magic+ magic atk+ and advice?
Post edited by Shawnward - Lost City on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hey guys im a lvl 73 wiz playing for 2 years now. i dont want to do what everyone does at endgame and use pdef. i want all my endgame gear with magic atk shards no pdef, all my gear will my magic+ magic atk+ and advice?

You can put magic attack shards just to your weapon. In armor they have no effect on magic attack, so your poll is useless. Add to your armor HP shards instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    no pdef is a bad idea unless you like being killed often by every Boss with an aoe phys attack, any mob that will agro more than one which is physical attacks and any and every archer/bm/barb/sin in TW/PK

Magic attack can not be put into armour like it can weapons (A sapphire shard in wep will give matk, in armour will give magic resistance)

Mana shards are USELESS unless you like never running out, or like the pretty icecles that come off the armour..

At end game you need not even shard garnets, as with stone barrier and nice refines on your necklace and belt will give you more than enough. Shard Citrines or Diamond of Tiger (+1atk level) at end game to be any kind of factor in any kind of instance, party or part of your faction at all I say..
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yup.. sapphire gems in your weapon

depending on your build / gear and refinement level

go for citrine gems in your cape / helm
    go for garnet gems/mix of citrine gems in your other gear

the extra pdef will stack with your stone barrier thingy give you a bit more survivability against melees,

if you can afford event gems, savant, primeval, dot etc then go for it

unless you have really screwed up your stats, you should have plenty of mana and magic defence from your magic stats - so sharding sapphire in your armors is a bit pointless.. imho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Shawnward - Lost City
    Shawnward - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im level 75 now im pure mag build i hv 44strth the rest mag
This discussion has been closed.