Jungle Ruins =/= waste of time

Options
Xarathox - Dreamweaver
Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So...just tried it out. Spent 20 minutes getting killed from the boulder mob in room 1, without even aggroing it.

300,000 damage is a bit much. Nothing short of a GM cape's gonna cut it.

Frog mode didn't seem to do much other than slow me down. I run faster in tiger (sage ftw).

So, yeah...I think I'll just skip any events from here on out. As they're either made for CSers only, or just there to eat a charm in 10 minutes.
Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
Post edited by Xarathox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    =/= means not equal. Your topic title says "Jungle Ruins is not a waste of time," while your post infers that it is.

That being said, I find it fun especially if I'm charmless. It's a challenge trying to get as far as I can or even passing my record point. If I have nothing else to do, it's something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    God forbid they introduce some content that is slightly challenging. Are they selling "Easy" buttons in the boutique yet? :o
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    God forbid they introduce some content that is slightly challenging.

And where would be said challenge?

Either way they die
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's plenty of fun if you're charmless.

If you have a charm, you're pretty much screwed. It's gonna get fornicated.

Did it last week, it was fun, frustrating, addictive and at some point you just had to say **** it and leave.

I like the fact that everyone just doesn't automatically finish it like everything else in the game. It's actually quite refreshing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Did it last week, it was fun, frustrating, addictive and at some point you just had to say **** it and leave.

I like the fact that everyone just doesn't automatically finish it like everything else in the game. It's actually quite refreshing.

But it would be nice if some people could finish it.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

I just found it more frustrating than anything. As soon as I stepped into the first room, I died. No matter where the mob was, I just died.

And I wasn't alone. There easily had to be 100+ people getting shot back to the respawn area in a constant stream.

Either way they die
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's possible with patience... and i left last week because i was fully charm 300k on a gold, ain't going to burn it all, but this week, i have no charm, i'm going to play it until i get to the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's possible with patience... and i left last week because i was fully charm 300k on a gold, ain't going to burn it all, but this week, i have no charm, i'm going to play it until i get to the end.

Good Luck! b:victory

Either way they die
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But it would be nice if some people could finish it.

After one event? You sound like... OMG I just started the game and I couldn't hit lvl 100 in one sitting QQQQQ.

This is a permanent event. People will finish it. Several people ended up in the last room. It's only a matter of time.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I finished it today got 100 sockets and 100 mirages and 700k exp, died only 3 times too

Now call me some noob again pls I totally fail at playing and using tactics because I used a few hypers to level <3 /sarcasm (not overused them like those noobs you were talking about, ofc)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like the event, its the first event that isnt really based on gear, just concentration, luck and skill. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Managed to get a little further this time.

When I realised that, it felt rewarding.

Don't get me wrong, there is still a healthy dose of fustration in there too but I like it.

My impression is that you have to watch what is happening, see the pattern and act accordingly. Being fast is pretty helpful too.

http://www.rebelresistance.org/gallery/albums/userpics/Jungle-Ruins.jpg

Made it to the Magical Stairways. Last week I only made it to Sanction corridor.

Hopefully i'll do better next time.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to get past the swamp room with all the poison bugs i all ways die trying to make it in the next room =(

and 1 other thing after finishing a few quests i gave the items i got i guess to the guy in the room you die at (did not read the quest) but can someone tell me what i got for doing that?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to get past the swamp room with all the poison bugs i all ways die trying to make it in the next room =(

and 1 other thing after finishing a few quests i gave the items i got i guess to the guy in the room you die at (did not read the quest) but can someone tell me what i got for doing that?

Check your Event Gold amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i liked the event, was skill based rather than money based...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you kept dying in the first room, then you obviously weren't watching what you were supposed to do. I died many times in watching and trying what was supposed to be done, and soon made it past the halfway point.
    The whole point of the big mob hits...is EVERYONE gets one shot. Its an event that puts everyone on more or less equal ground, obviously some speed skills, genie skills and things come into play here, but someone sporting all high-end event gear can't just whip in and own the whole event. Everyone has a chance.
    And like Knownase said, it actually takes concentration, timing and skill, and is not some mindless event.

Kudos for this event thats actually fair...and more importantly..FUN :D
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfeDZm90zU#t=7m0s

At the end there's a small gap of time you can go across the last pit of acid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    =/= means not equal. Your topic title says "Jungle Ruins is not a waste of time," while your post infers that it is.

That being said, I find it fun especially if I'm charmless. It's a challenge trying to get as far as I can or even passing my record point. If I have nothing else to do, it's something.

lol love the fact u got totally ignored by op on this post. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    imo the event is poorly done, its based on 80% luck, 20% skill, now i say that because when a mob agros some1, be that a moving fire ball...or some overgrown chunk of rock, they will either kill some1 or chase them and not succeed on the odd occasion, after either 1, they reset, problem is they dont reset back into there original patrol route on where they *shud* have been if they diddnt agro to begin with, instead they reset back around the last position they were, therefore fking up the area.

cos of this, some places were impossible to advance to, what confused me is, i was stood looking at the mobs patrol route on 1 area for about 5-10 mins, i found there was no possible way to get passed them cos 2 always passed the place i was ment to go, and another 2 was right near my area where im starting to run, this is cos of them reseting into some odd place cos of some1 agroing them and messign the patrol ruit, so i saw some1 run, saw a mob approach, but 1 was behind, so he ran into the corner, and somehow they diddnt see him, so i tried the same afterwards, and somehow they saw me...logic?

i think a very very small portion of lucky **** ppl managed to complete it, now its nice to have an event thats not based on gear and lvls...but why make it nearly impossible, before it was revampt, it was actualy possible to do just with *skill* cos it wasnt packed to death full of ** no's what thats in this jungle ruins, its once a week, what we have to look forward to is xxx deaths and no reward unless ur extreamly lucky, cheers PWI, ill try next week, most likely fail again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OP got confused, he doesnt understand =/= means does NOT equal to

Poor guy, after getting killed 100 times.. he is so confused give him a break

Jungle ruins is rather fun/interesting.. just there are so many people involved in one event, and that creats a lot of lag for me :( QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • FinalFatex - Harshlands
    FinalFatex - Harshlands Posts: 2,427 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I must say this is more fun than anything else in PWI atm. To anyone who says its all luck, you just have no skill. I finished it 2 times during the event and was filming a 3rd when the instance closed. If you take the time and learn every room I dont see why you cant finish it first or second try the next week.
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    imo the event is poorly done, its based on 80% luck, 20% skill, now i say that because when a mob agros some1, be that a moving fire ball...or some overgrown chunk of rock, they will either kill some1 or chase them and not succeed on the odd occasion, after either 1, they reset, problem is they dont reset back into there original patrol route on where they *shud* have been if they diddnt agro to begin with, instead they reset back around the last position they were, therefore fking up the area. But that adds to the challenge. b:avoid

cos of this, some places were impossible to advance to, what confused me is, i was stood looking at the mobs patrol route on 1 area for about 5-10 mins, i found there was no possible way to get passed them cos 2 always passed the place i was ment to go, and another 2 was right near my area where im starting to run, this is cos of them reseting into some odd place cos of some1 agroing them and messign the patrol ruit, so i saw some1 run, saw a mob approach, but 1 was behind, so he ran into the corner, and somehow they diddnt see him, so i tried the same afterwards, and somehow they saw me...logic?

i think a very very small portion of lucky **** ppl managed to complete it, now its nice to have an event thats not based on gear and lvls...but why make it nearly impossible, before it was revampt, it was actualy possible to do just with *skill* cos it wasnt packed to death full of ** no's what thats in this jungle ruins, its once a week, what we have to look forward to is xxx deaths and no reward unless ur extreamly lucky, cheers PWI, ill try next week, most likely fail again.

(>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill agree if u can screeny that u completed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Check your Event Gold amount.

Didn't knew that. Also, forgot to turn them today... =-__-=
    [insert sig here]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    waste of time it is.. everything is a waste of time .. Everything consumes time even breathing.. we are sooo screwed.. b:angry
  • helixarcho
    helixarcho Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Running jungle ruins is nice. It's not a waste considering the gear that is up for grabs. I completed the area with no charm only pots and genie. Easy enough I have too say. The area does get harder which DOES require skill not so much luck. I ran from front to the end and got the reward for getting to the end first. I did lack a few quests inside however I did see where to complete them, and how to complete them as well as a few other crests. By far jungle ruins is fun and it's medicorely easy. Next week i'll run more prepared with demon foxform instead of my normal foxform for 79. The place doesn't go by level/cultivation or class wise. It is a test of skills and luck is only a extra additive nothing more. The dungeon gets incredibly fun more inside of the ruins.b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    waste of time it is.. everything is a waste of time .. Everything consumes time even breathing.. we are sooo screwed.. b:angry

Yay?
    ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DDEShare - Raging Tide
    DDEShare - Raging Tide Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Spent 10 mins in there, died like 10 times, stopped cause I had to go do something else. Actually quite fun, dying like that to me is actually a good stress reliever XD I took off all my equips, was getting hit for 999723 damage per hit :3 Actually pretty fun, although if you are in it solely to get to the end without any other thought, it can get pretty annoying. I never really expected to get to the end, just to kill myself XD
    "There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face."

Proud member of Playboy b:victory
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't know if Heaven's Tear is the first server to have someone finish the Jungle Ruins or not but Ryxx on HT finished it a while ago.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/noney010/2010-08-1800-26-56.jpg
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/noney010/2010-08-1800-27-42.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    meh i got pass moonist chamber and i died by movement glitch in the passage to aurora chamber... btw does anybody know what the quest you get along the way do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.