New, New TW System

Options
2»

Comments

• Kyphe - Harshlands
    Kyphe - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Server merge here would solve the empty server problem (hopefully).

I'm on the fence on the idea, it has both pros and cons.

As for the map wipe: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9712422&postcount=798
    Any problem can be solved through the application of explosives. If at first you don't succeed, you didn't use enough.

"Murphy: Hay guys wutz goin on hur LOL btw LAGBEAST GOES RAWR!!!"~XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Looks like they need to do a TW map reset so that they can upgrade the server infrastructure. This doesn't apply to our version here, though.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    New ray of hope....SLAMMED, by the horse's mouth.
  • Kyphe - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Looks like they need to do a TW map reset so that they can upgrade the server infrastructure. This doesn't apply to our version here, though.

And I was starting to like the idea, a lot.....
    b:cry
    Any problem can be solved through the application of explosives. If at first you don't succeed, you didn't use enough.

"Murphy: Hay guys wutz goin on hur LOL btw LAGBEAST GOES RAWR!!!"~XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
  • Darkir - Dreamweaver
    Darkir - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hmm I dunno what to think of this.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hmm I dunno what to think of this.
    i think its fine.

been seeing other country server merges and map wipes but it never came here either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Raging Tides merge with Archosaur, I'd love to see that b:chuckle
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Troll slaying would be fun
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Damn I got excited. Dx
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kyphe - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Raging Tides merge with Archosaur, I'd love to see that b:chuckle

It would be like Raging Tides before Arch opened.

• DDEShare - Raging Tide
    DDEShare - Raging Tide Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't worry about it guys, it's just server merging in PWI-CN, the TW prices you see are just what's going to be compensated when the map is reset. That chart is which servers are going to be merged together, and what the merged server will be called. Should have no effect here.
    "There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face."

Proud member of Playboy b:victory
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    too bad.
    a clean slate with these new tw changes would have been a fun change
    Here we go again....
  • SheebaBaby - Raging Tide
    SheebaBaby - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lot of friends quit game, lot of friends will quit game...b:surrender
    Pls devs, gms... we are waiting for a good change or everybody will quit this game b:cry
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Clean slate would encourage for many to split apart, if they havent already done so, and create an equal battleground. High levels would mingle with low levels, have fun with the game and create a wider, more challenging game. It would also give those who were not able to win in the past a better chance, imho.

Honestly, PWE screwed things up pretty bad. I dont see how a map reset would **** things up anymore than whats already been done *shrugs*
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Damn I got excited. Dx

Map resets arouse TheDan b:shocked
  • Muffindudez - Dreamweaver
    Muffindudez - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lot of friends quit game, lot of friends will quit game...b:surrender
    Pls devs, gms... we are waiting for a good change or everybody will quit this game b:cry

this would be a good change if it actually happened :)
    Myself and some other faction leader's i know wouldnt mind a map reset lol
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Map resets arouse TheDan b:shocked

No; not really. Because we'd still be fighting the same people under a different name who are gonna use the same strategy: No Show. I'll climax the day we get a server merge and I'll get to kill people who aren't the same people I always kill.

Need to increase my kills. b:dirty I haven't had any real PvP in over 2 months now, no real challenge, no real competition.

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No; not really. Because we'd still be fighting the same people under a different name who are gonna use the same strategy: No Show. I'll climax the day we get a server merge and I'll get to kill people who aren't the same people I always kill.

Need to increase my kills. b:dirty I haven't had any real PvP in over 2 months now, no real challenge, no real competition.

Wow, that really sounds exciting, too bad that probably won't be happening here for a while.b:surrender

I want to fight other people from different servers. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Emperor_Dave - Heavens Tear
    Emperor_Dave - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    QQ! Quit! Quit! QQ! Quit! Quit! Stress! Stress! Stress! Over a Game! Game! :D!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    QQ! Quit! Quit! QQ! Quit! Quit! Stress! Stress! Stress! Over a Game! Game! :D!

I would quit too if I was as fail as you. Level 22... after 1 year of playing.

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would quit too if I was as fail as you. Level 22... after 1 year of playing.

lmao

/10char
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The same thing happened several months back. Everyone made the same stupid wild conclusions. It's about a server merge and compensation for land owning factions of each server before they are merged and the map is not actually reset. They need to start with a new map because two factions can't own the same land. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The mistranslated "Perfect World International Edition/Perfect International - Fairy Magic unbounded" refers to the expansion/second version of the game, i.e. "Perfect World 2" which includes genies and tideborns. It is NOT referring to what we know as "Perfect World International" (aka PWI).

The Chinese servers are having infrastructure upgrades and, consequently, are merging servers and resetting TW maps. This has already happened a few times before to clean up ghost servers - nothing new and absolutely nothing affecting us in any way.

Learn Chinese before spouting rumours. Don't rely on Google translate - it sucks at places.

HOWEVERRRRRR

"JD - Jade Dynasty/Zhu Xian: International PvP Tournament 2010" -> http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=88501

PW-CN already has held a few inter-server PvP tournaments and it seems that PWE is involving itself in an international JD/ZX PvP tournament. Coordinating for an inter-server or even international PvP tournament for Perfect World (PW-CN/PW-TW/PW-JP/PWI/PW-MS/PW-MY/PW-BR/PW-RU) would be well received and definitely within the realm of possibility for our GMs (a chance for them to prove to the community that their "representative" voices are actually being heard higher up).

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]