An Apology to Calamity

Options

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well... I didn't really think I'd be posting in here, but there's a few posts that I feel I should comment on.

First... let's talk about the lack of motivation on EQ's part for TW's. I'm sure there's still quite a few EQ members out there who were with the faction for a long time. I'm sure there's a lot that remember me, as I was the director of Momentum (one of the 2 guilds that merged to form EQ), and I was an EQ marshal for a LONG time. Many of you know that I have had to stop playing this game multiple times for good reasons, but every time I came back, I always came back to EQ. I also never hesitated to step into the role of an officer position upon my return to lend my help and council whenever possible. As many people will see, though, upon my return this time, I did not join EQ. I did not even attempt to join the faction. I do not have anything against them and I still actually have friends there. The reason for this is that EQ is now a completely different guild than it used to be. Sure, some of the same people are still there... and some of them even still have the same values they used to have. But... as a whole... it seems EQ has shifted in their goals and values. I would like to put some of that blame on specific people, but I'm not gonna. I'm not really into the whole drama thing. I first saw these changes starting when I came to visit for a few days back in january. By the look of things... it doesn't look like EQ ever went back to where they came from. I see that I am not the only person that has gone to other factions due to this change either (and for those that DO know me... you know that me going to another faction must have been for a pretty big reason, being one of the original EQ'ers and being a vital part of what they stood for). I know it sounds like I'm bashing EQ here, but that's not my intention at all. I merely wanna open your eyes a bit and offer a bit of advice. My advice is this. If you find that EQ has changed and people have lost their motivation... try looking back at your roots. Look back to when the game was still fun for you and try to figure out what made it fun. If you can go back to those times... and do things the way you used to do it... maybe you can re-ignite that spark that used to make EQ shine!

The other post I wanna comment on is about EQ requiring all venos to have a nix. Seriously?! wtf?! This is one of the changes I was talking about. One of the big things that made EQ who they were was their sense of understanding. I mean... sure... it's great to have a nix if ur a veno, but I can't believe that the faction actually REQUIRES it! It's hard to have a happy faction when the only thing the faction is concerned about is how much money you have. A nix today would cost around 80 mill coins. Sure, there's people that can afford that... but chances are, if someone's got 80 mill coins already, they're prolly not making a veno because they're already good at making money, which is a big part of why a lot of people make venos to begin with. Besides... there's other, non-legendary pets that can still be very effective in TW's. You can always get pet scrolls for them to increase their effectiveness.

In closing, I will say that I'm disappointed in what I see today. This is not what myself, Jay, Zion, Alaxan, or Wolfgang had in mind when EQ started...

i made a world chat yesterday and i had a couple of EQ people PM me. I ended up telling them the history of EQ. I think they enjoyed it very much since this is stuff they never even heard of. b:bye

Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hope Cala takes the entire map and keeps it. Just so people will stop caring about TW. If they even care about it now anyways. I used to be so excited seeing who won and how each faction tried to expand. Now it's just bleh. Sounds kinda nerdy but it was somewhat interesting. Now it's just annoying and pointless. Give it a couple months. At this rate Cala will own entire map. I hope they keep it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • TEMPL/R - Dreamweaver21
    TEMPL/R - Dreamweaver21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    as once leader and also just a commisioner in eq, though im no longer in eq cus im really busy in rl and just play once in a while.. About the whole EQ is different of course it is.. cus its run by different people = different opinions, now this doesn't make it good or bad its just their own identity just like in Calamity. They're both run by different officers since it was first created though same faction name just different ideas =) wether its better or worse is people opinions , which everybody is entitled to . Now to those wondering about the whole TW scene.. its simple to explain.. and ill just give you the main reason why things are the way they are.

The patch does play a role but not entirely. Main reason is that calamity hasn't and will never have recruiting problems until red holds most of the map. Wether they accept or deny is their choice, but the applicants will keep coming. Now who are these applicants? well not gonna say a % but a majority of them join calamity cus of TW being one of their main reason why. Here are reasons

Some are TW Hungry meaning they've never been to tw before and why not join the faction who gets the most action?

Some has been in TW factions who have been beaten over and over by other factions and finally want to be on the winning side.

Some only play this game cus of TW.

Some just simply want to be in the most powerful faction in DW. What average gamer doesn't.. say a new player starts playing pw joins the DW and as soonest as he hits the "M" key he will know which faction is the powerhouse or at least his goal.

All this adds to is people applying just to TW or one of their Main reason = Better TW Attendance

Now dont get me wrong here. Im not trying to say people solely join cus of that but its one of the main reasons. People also join cus of friendships, to have a social family, end-game faction (ppl to play with around your lvl), active community and so on...Either way Calamity has great things to offer thinking otherwise would be foolish. This is not saying that EQ and other map holding factions dont have the same applicants but the # of applicants is sure different in size.

I have been in DW Server since day one and have seen it all, though ive had to stop playing a couple times cus of rl priorities. I have seen alot of hatred and unrespecful stuff between Eq and Cala but i never understood why ..i guess mostly cus of TW and cus of the logo above our names...Even though Calamity was my opposition and my rival they have never been my enemy. I till this day have never had a calamity member be disrespectful to me.. probably because i always showed them respect so i got that in return. We have to remember to not take things personal, be competitive but not disrespectful, have fun.. the first second you dont its when this stops becoming a game.

Either way i hope EQ has some Punches left, Other Factions put up a good fight, and Respect and Pre-Grats to Cala if they succeed on their red map goal.

Btw hey fenian b:victory
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Templar, much respect ! b:thanks
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's a lot of reading for sure. I'm just glad you guys don't approach that sort of thing in as much of an immature manner as my counterparts at Raging Tide. Dreamweaver always seemed more mature to me anyway. Well, apart from that Cheekysmile person. From the looks of things it seems she shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hic .... so you guys are stil playing this game ..... hic.
    b:surrender
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • Lee_Hyori - Dreamweaver
    Lee_Hyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm just glad you guys don't approach that sort of thing in as much of an immature manner as my counterparts at Raging Tide. Dreamweaver always seemed more mature to me anyway.

I agree. That's the reason I quit playing on RT server. Dreamweaver people have a level of understanding and maturity that makes this game enjoyable.
    retired from pwi b:cry
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree. That's the reason I quit playing on RT server. Dreamweaver people have a level of understanding and maturity that makes this game enjoyable.

i still have that vid of you vs Einlanzer(cant read his name vid is such poor qaulity). b:bye
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Foxyline - Dreamweaver
    Foxyline - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    One can definitely say that TEMPLAR is very well-mannered! =)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

...za good stuff waz hier

Hi TEMPL/\R,
    Andres, Mizou , 'sup bros?

I have to agree with TEMPL/\R here. I quit playing seriously in December...switched factions, went to a few TWs with EQ, then I quit the game for a few months, then came back and joined HDT for a while, then Dynasty...
    I never had any hate problems...although there were a few bad apples here and there that had to have a saying about me quitting, especially when I quit Calamity.
    I felt like I was always respected and I tried not to be always an a-hole b:chuckle, but I think I got along just fine with all the factions I've been in. Supernova helped me a couple of times when I was desperate for some perf citrines, I guess I ran quite a few RB with TEMPL/\R, both Gamma and Delta range. I remember hunting him down in TW on Saturday, doing a Gamma on Sunday morning and hunting him again on Sunday's TW.
    I mean, yeah, we've got a god rivalry between factions but once out of TW it was a bunch of people that enjoyed doing stuff together.
    At one point, when I left Calamity, I was actually having more online in my FL from EQ than I had from Calamity. I remember chatting a lot with Mizou and Mage_Fizban, just bullcraping around about wizard, gear, future plans and stuff, sending smilies and GZ when one got a good hit on another in TW.
    Hey, was fun, nice memories.

But what I see now is ppl losing their motivation, and that's kinda' bad. I knew the Calamity TW system, I got accustomed with the EQ and I got introduced to the ... let's just say bad part of it in Dynasty and HDT.
    I'm really sorry for 3rd tier factions in DW, but there is just no way for those to match up against EQ or Calamity. To have interesting TWs Dreamweaver needs another top tier faction. There are good ppl with good ideas in both Dynasty and HDT...but something it's just not working. First they don't have the lvls, then the gear, then the planning and then the experience of hard fought wars that most of the EQ and Calamity have. Yes, both EQ and Calamity rotate members, but there is a certain amount of know-how transferred from older/experienced members to the new ones. That makes the learning curve really really short in time.
    I know this sounds bad for Dynasty and HDT...but honestly I don't want to. These are the facts that I've seen as a player with 100+ TWs.
    EQ and Calamity are in a different league when it comes to TW on whatever plan you want to consider. To see the only force that can/could oppose Calamity running on some rough waters makes me sad a little.
    The most awesome TWs I've been in were those that lasted more than 90 minutes, and I have to thank both Calamity and EQ for that, as I've been on both sides in those epic battles.
    The only fun endgame was TW. Take that away and you're left with what? PK at OT? please....

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In the spirit of Tyramera's post, I'll try to leave as much as my acrid wit at the door and put forth my two cents, too. I'm putting forward my two cents because I'm 'po, and that is what I can afford these days after PWI continues to diminish the ability to make in-game coinage. b:chuckle

I probably don't need an introduction, but for the purpose of continuity and perspective, I am an Equinox officer and joined EQ at the start of the server. It is the only faction I have ever been in, and I've attended 90% of the TWs EQ has waged against its varied opponents. I am not a heavy cash-shopper (but a cash-shopper none-the-less) and since becoming a part of EQ, have worked tirelessly to make my character stronger and my faction stronger, too.

By stronger, I don't mean by level or by gear, necessarily. I mean stronger more in terms of integrity, competitiveness and enjoyment. My efforts have been to make Equinox a respectable end-game experience; I provided my time, my talents and even my money to make EQ better. When we faced a difficult time, we stuck it through.

Equinox is not defined in its' entirety by TW. The long running statement is that Equinox will still be Equinox even if it loses all of its lands. You can take the land away from Equinox, but you can never take Equinox from its members. It is a home, a mindset, and a place to come to relax outside of real life.

Sadly, TW on Dreamweaver is coming to a close. In time, the map will turn red and those with any ambitions to prove themselves will have to apply to Calamity. Calamity, in turn, will have no opposition and will enjoy their small but non-negligible benefit of mirage pay, faction teleports, useless rank IX badges, and apothecary. THESE ARE THE SPOILS OF WAR, and regardless of the conditions of how they've achieved victory, it should not be looked upon as anything other than a well-earned achievement. I would offer my congratulations, but I fear that those who are fighting are not going to be happy with what they've achieved-- simply, unless something dramatically changes, TW is as over for Calamity as it is for Equinox.

And so, our server is thrown into disarray. What used to be a reason to stay on a PvE server past level 100 is now gone. You can stay at OT and try to convince yourself otherwise, but the motivation to become better... greater, or even more skilled is lost. I'm not so bold as to describe Dreamweaver as being dead, but the spirit of the underdog-- the one you used to root for, hoping against all odds that they'd overcome the top dog is terminally ill.

Territory Wars on Dreamweaver are over.
    End-game enjoyment for many on Dreamweaver is over.

I am personally saddened that Equinox cannot fight Calamity as a whole toe-to-toe. The motivation and will to fight is gone, and dwindling. The many great names of Dreamweaver who have come to know Equinox as their home are leaving or turning away. Chezedude, Mage_Fizban, Pedestrian, Ajay-- countless others, are no longer prevalent. Those who are coming back to Dreamweaver after extended periods of hiatus are not coming back to Equinox, instead they are in her enemies leagues, or in non-consequential smaller factions.

Equinox will continue being Equinox. Those who know anything about math, the server or the economy will know that there are things far more profitable than wasting cash-shopped hieros in a pointless fight, and have already turned to that in a last-stand final semblance of end-game enjoyment, but I suspect that that, too, will die out in time for everyone.

With that said, there is a growing feeling of acceptance for the entire situation. I have known that this was a matter of when and not if for a long while now. I have made my peace with the remaining Calamity members who hold competitive aggressiveness with me, and have added them to the league of Calamity members who I have been good friends with for a long time now.

I will remain with Equinox, as it is my home. I did not abandon it when the chips were down, and I tried not to gloat when fortune smiled, but here is where I'll stay. I have always been a fan of home being what you make of it, so it is with some disgust and bewilderment as to why others would turn up roots and pass judgement. Regardless of how you play, the most stigmatizing thing in this game is the faction name above your head. May you make the most of it, wherever you are. b:pleased
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • baldwinboy
    baldwinboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Three better written posts (Fenian, Templar Illyana) I haven't read in a long time, all with their own perspective on things and yet respectful, gracious and above all insightful. I could labour points already made here but in all honesty why repeat points I largely agree with. Instead I'll share my thoughts as current Calamity leader and how the last few months of some epic TWs between our long standing rival (I prefer this term to enemy) EQ and us have culminated in a disappointing change of fortunes that have very long standing repercussions for DW Territory Wars.

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. I think this famous saying could very much apply to many periods of both EQs and Cala's growth. I like many had great admiration for the resolve of EQ last year - I'm not sure how i would have been feeling week after week with Defeat coming across my screen at the end of TW, and yet they battled, and learned, adapted and ultimately proved they were our equal when we lost to them at the end of last year. In truth, despite a short period in the new year where Cala bounced back and showed some resistance, EQ has been the stronger of the two factions for a good portion of this year, proving those first victories were no fluke but a sign of things to come. Even now Calamity would have to win a couple more lands to be back to where we were 4 (? - Andres correct me here as Im sure you are reading this :P) months ago. Thus it is a sad situation where TW fortunes have changed so rapidly in recent weeks.

As Templar said, I wont put this down to the patch alone, in many ways just as EQ spent last year building up to their first victory, refining their strategy along the way, Cala has been tweaking and working toward better execution of its own strategies to counter EQ's TW systems. While I am proud of how Cala has adjusted, adapted and worked with in the new TW system (especially after a barrage of mocking over mirages in wc from all corners of DW - hey...we gave ourselves a crab as a logo we are pretty thicked skinned from that!), I gave a pre-TW briefing and speech last weekend with a tempered enthusiasm as I, like Illyana, could foresee what recent trends if repeated for any period of time, could mean for our beloved game and respective factions.

Honestly, though I have certain set goals for my BM's build I have reached a point where further improvement will be on hold until such time as a truly competitve end-game environment can be created (not standing at OT!!) whether it be within the confines of TW or something else. In the meantime, I'll continue my work within faction to help those that have the most basic of goals that need fulfilling and wait patiently in the hope that PWI will seek to serve the needs of those that have served them so very loyally on DW these last 18 months.

To the original poster - no apologies are necessary, much of what happened could not have been foreseen and I speak for the vast, vast majority of Cala when I say that we look forward to our rivalry continuing in a fun, respectful and complimentary manner as without Equinox, Cala would never have been pushed to be the faction it is today - all our members should think about that and be grateful for it. I know I am.

BB
  • SkyBreathe - Dreamweaver
    SkyBreathe - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    what baldwin boy are u?

do u also give a lot of money to charity?

if i was rich i might invest in this game as well, it would be fun 2 dominate ;p

still it would be more fun if one of ur brothers joined eq and spent thousands on gold

as well :)
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know I might disturb the good feelings coming out of this thread, but I just want to say that I`m really happy to see how people remember the past and build the future. You are bringing me back in the days when I was co-leader of clan in another game and we were on the top of the server fulfilling everything we wanted. Few days later another clan was created by ours and so on ... This was around an year ago. I quited the game around an year and a half, but I`m still going into the server, even when I know that I`m the only active member of this clan, but my clan tags are still in front of my name. Sorry for throwing you in a totally different discussion, just for a moment I felt what you feel at the moment, and I wanted to share this feeling with you. I've never been in touch with TW or any of the marshals/directors/leaders of the big factions such as EQ, Cala, Tempest, Dynasty etc.(instead of Illyana - she gave me some tips about the archers build b:thanks) so I don't know much about TW system and such, but I`m really happy of what I see :

Two rival factions speaking the truth with no offences towards anyone. A lot of great people telling their viewpoint and bringing back memories from the past. Anyway, I screwed up the things at the end and the language barrier doesn't really allows me to explain what I think at this moment, I just want you to know that I hope that one day me and my faction will be able to stay equal with you guys and hopefully will have some great fun.

With full respect to all the posters in this thread.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:bye Ursa :D
    I be sandy because I can't make coin, so I flame on people
    b:surrender Not everyone with good gear in this game charges to get it, and definitively, not everyone with the best gear is in Calamity. Sorry to disappoint you.

BB, By May 22th, it had been 10 weeks we couldn't beat Equinox in an attack, Last weekend we beat EQ(first weekend of March) attacking before that was a 2 way gank with Dynasty Until then, we had lost a total of 3 lands versus Equinox, 2 Dynasty and 1 Vanquish. Equinox would take Dreaming Cloud, Swamp Of The Wraiths, Hidden Orchid, Kings Feast and City of Plume from May up to July 25th, when they lost their first land since March 12th (that's 4 months and 2 weeks without winning a land from Equinox by Calamity, we take lands from Dynasty and Vanquish to pressure them to stop their 3 way ganks). Technically, EQ still owes us 5 lands so we can be even. 7, if you want to count the 2 they gave away to HDT and idk which other faction when they moved from north to south.

Illyana and BB have a very valid point where you two agreed without saying or noticing so. If the endgame faction has no endgame challenge, it will end up breaking or dying unless they can make a challenge for themselves. With the recent changes in TT 3-X, the sink of coin working to **** up non cash players and discouraging the cash players from merchanting, and TW changes making TW payout as profitable as the mirage reward for BH1 + a week's worth of MQ (seriously, I get paid 57 mirages a week). We have been wondering, is it worth the time and effort to continue working on our gears? Should we still care about getting our endgame items? Why do we have to charge money to this game anymore?

Because, the only reason I would be driven to charge for a cube necklace, wraith badges for rank 8, dragon orbs, gold to sell to get shards or tokens... was for TW. I know a lot of cash shop players feel like this now. Yesterday, me, Auka, Vahala, Kasumi, xkat and TsukikoAi went and killed harpy wraith for the fun on it, not gonna lie, took us 3 tries and several deaths to get it done but we did. Soon after, we decided to go try this new TT 3-3 changes, we couldn't get Green boss under 10% HP before he starts 1 shotting a 16k HP BM. So far, the only squad that I know of that has actually completed a 3-3 with the new changes in Dreamweaver had DrAgOOnZ and AznAssassin on it (congrats by the way!).

Not everyone has xkat's Auka's Kasumi's Dragoonz' or Azn's gear... how is the people on TT90/mold g.12 gear supposed to be working on their TT99 gear, when they can't even survive 1 AoE from arma boss. Most importantly, why should they now? if the game is "over" as we all agree it is. I understand the change pushes a player to either pay 500k per lunar run for a change on endgame gear, or buy tokens/get chips, and pay 6-24m fees for their gold materials, so endgame gear can also be a coin sink. But to what cost?

Ultimely, we take a step back, people that's level 100 without gear will be either broke from the coin sink or frustrated once they figure they can't achieve their endgame gear either because of difficulty or expenses. I fear that Calamity will take a bigger toll, if not small factions, because 2 things can happen from now on:
    -Calamity active roster, fed up with the lack of coin and items, starts becoming inactive. Hurting our decent attendance, making us more vulnerable to 3 way attacks
    -Small factions elite roster, fed up with the changes, look for an "endgame faction". End up in Calamity or Equinox, killing small factions chances for recreation TWs.

Aaaah, sorry for the huge rant on your thread Tyramera, this may seem a bit off topic, but believe me, it is not.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:bye Ursa :D

b:surrender Not everyone with good gear in this game charges to get it, and definitively, not everyone with the best gear is in Calamity. Sorry to disappoint you.

That's Cheekysmile's alt, it's just an attempt to troll. Ignore her and she'll go away.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SkyBreathe - Dreamweaver
    SkyBreathe - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    maybe get on some more of your "alts" and call me a drama queen and troll? that will make my statements less true?

i stood up for myself on Cheekysmile, not an alt, because i believe what i was saying, and the idiot controlling Exsaiga and Arishock even proved i was right if u go read the thread.

but keep filling up Dynasty with your alts, maybe that will bolster ur scheme.

but despite your criminal ignorance my question for Mr. Baldwin remains valid.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In the spirit of Tyramera's post, I'll try to leave as much as my acrid wit at the door and put forth my two cents, too. I'm putting forward my two cents because I'm 'po, and that is what I can afford these days after PWI continues to diminish the ability to make in-game coinage. b:chuckle

I probably don't need an introduction, but for the purpose of continuity and perspective, I am an Equinox officer and joined EQ at the start of the server. It is the only faction I have ever been in, and I've attended 90% of the TWs EQ has waged against its varied opponents. I am not a heavy cash-shopper (but a cash-shopper none-the-less) and since becoming a part of EQ, have worked tirelessly to make my character stronger and my faction stronger, too.

By stronger, I don't mean by level or by gear, necessarily. I mean stronger more in terms of integrity, competitiveness and enjoyment. My efforts have been to make Equinox a respectable end-game experience; I provided my time, my talents and even my money to make EQ better. When we faced a difficult time, we stuck it through.

Equinox is not defined in its' entirety by TW. The long running statement is that Equinox will still be Equinox even if it loses all of its lands. You can take the land away from Equinox, but you can never take Equinox from its members. It is a home, a mindset, and a place to come to relax outside of real life.

Sadly, TW on Dreamweaver is coming to a close. In time, the map will turn red and those with any ambitions to prove themselves will have to apply to Calamity. Calamity, in turn, will have no opposition and will enjoy their small but non-negligible benefit of mirage pay, faction teleports, useless rank IX badges, and apothecary. THESE ARE THE SPOILS OF WAR, and regardless of the conditions of how they've achieved victory, it should not be looked upon as anything other than a well-earned achievement. I would offer my congratulations, but I fear that those who are fighting are not going to be happy with what they've achieved-- simply, unless something dramatically changes, TW is as over for Calamity as it is for Equinox.

And so, our server is thrown into disarray. What used to be a reason to stay on a PvE server past level 100 is now gone. You can stay at OT and try to convince yourself otherwise, but the motivation to become better... greater, or even more skilled is lost. I'm not so bold as to describe Dreamweaver as being dead, but the spirit of the underdog-- the one you used to root for, hoping against all odds that they'd overcome the top dog is terminally ill.

Territory Wars on Dreamweaver are over.
    End-game enjoyment for many on Dreamweaver is over.

I am personally saddened that Equinox cannot fight Calamity as a whole toe-to-toe. The motivation and will to fight is gone, and dwindling. The many great names of Dreamweaver who have come to know Equinox as their home are leaving or turning away. Chezedude, Mage_Fizban, Pedestrian, Ajay-- countless others, are no longer prevalent. Those who are coming back to Dreamweaver after extended periods of hiatus are not coming back to Equinox, instead they are in her enemies leagues, or in non-consequential smaller factions.

Equinox will continue being Equinox. Those who know anything about math, the server or the economy will know that there are things far more profitable than wasting cash-shopped hieros in a pointless fight, and have already turned to that in a last-stand final semblance of end-game enjoyment, but I suspect that that, too, will die out in time for everyone.

With that said, there is a growing feeling of acceptance for the entire situation. I have known that this was a matter of when and not if for a long while now. I have made my peace with the remaining Calamity members who hold competitive aggressiveness with me, and have added them to the league of Calamity members who I have been good friends with for a long time now.

I will remain with Equinox, as it is my home. I did not abandon it when the chips were down, and I tried not to gloat when fortune smiled, but here is where I'll stay. I have always been a fan of home being what you make of it, so it is with some disgust and bewilderment as to why others would turn up roots and pass judgement. Regardless of how you play, the most stigmatizing thing in this game is the faction name above your head. May you make the most of it, wherever you are. b:pleased

b:sadim gonna miss you killing me. You still owe me a "I survived Illyana" t-shirt damnit!

hai ursa<3
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:sadim gonna miss you killing me. You still owe me a "I survived Illyana" t-shirt damnit!
    Just because TW is dead does not mean you'll be any different :) I'll find you in OT or DT, fo sho! b:chuckle

FWIW, "I was killed by Illyana" shirts are still on backorder b:chuckle
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just because TW is dead does not mean you'll be any different :) I'll find you in OT or DT, fo sho! b:chuckle

I Got mine already, except mine says " I was accidently killed by Illyana"b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

b:surrenderhey i already sent in my payment! Gimme that shirt.

Look forward to it. The DT things, i doubt i will be PKing anymore as OT is just a bunch of sins killing me xP
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Do I get one for "Illyana critted me for 4x my HP?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is good to see the majority of responders posting maturely and thoughtfully, including long-time players and leaders on Dreamweaver. Please allow me to respond.

Hope

Despite the resignation in Illy's post, and I do understand why it is there, I am hopeful that EQ will not go quietly. These last two TW losses have spurred a good discussion within EQ and reinvigorated some people. Twice before all hoped seemed lost and EQ strengthened, learned, and came back to defeat Calamity.

Will it be possible this time? It is hard to say. The context of the game has changed, seemingly weekly changes foisted on us by the needs of PW-CN have player morale and motivation just to play down. There may not be enough players eager to take on the challenge of pushing back Calamity. Given the two attacks in addition to Calamity this week, other guilds obviously do not share the same goal of bringing down the dominant faction - that is fine, it is their choice.

Perhaps their goal is just to get some land and they see EQ as weak at this moment, or perhaps they are trying to grease the skid to a red map and place their hope in a benevolent decision by Calamity to give up the map once they obtain it (as some have openly pined for in this forum). Or maybe they just want a fun TW and foresee that a split EQ force will be more enjoyable to fight than a Calamity steamroll. I am not privy to the discussions of their leadership.

However, I do know that these things will make the road back much harder than before. But I hope, in the least, that in a couple of more weeks we will be regrouped and prepared to give a defense of the map worthy of EQ and worthy of the TW story of Dreamweaver.

The Endgame

Despite my hope, it is also prudent to think about the future of Dreamweaver. Andres' last post, along with Illy's and BB's, captured the essence of the predicament - what will be the endgame of Dreamweaver? If Calamity takes the map can we honestly expect there to be more TW involvement? At this point, with the possibility of getting a concurrent attack with EQ and the mere existence of a solid challenge to Calamity, there appears little motivation and/or ability from other factions to take part. I doubt factions will be lining up for 5 minute TWs if the map is entirely red. EQ went through those 5 minute TWs in the past because there was a historically located desire to defeat Calamity and because there was a substantial reward for success. TWing for fun is essential, but being on both ends, I can say that steamrolls are not fun for anyone.

As others have pointed out, without TW why work on gear? So you can run your BHs faster? There are those who argue that they don't need TW to have fun in the game ... and they may not need TW, but Dreamweaver needs TW. It is the lifeblood of the game, especially on a PVE server. Without it the high level players will stop farming or spending cash to improve their gear, and this will trickle down. And our population will decrease without a dynamic endgame challenge.

I started this thread with an apology to Calamity, and now I will make an appeal to them. Assuming that Calamity does succeed in taking the map there will lay two paths before them. One is to sit as kings atop Dreamweaver and enjoy their justly earned "spoils of war." Their place there secured by the fact that they will attract constant 100+ applicants, the only danger being an internal disintegration. And you will hear no complaint from me if this is their choice, they have earned it, especially the long-time members. But it does carry with it the risk for Dreamweaver that I and others in this thread have mentioned.

The second path is to follow in the footsteps of CQ and allow all their lands to be taken and reset TW on Dreamweaver. Allowing many other players to have the experience of TW and become motivated to improve their gear and skill. It is a choice to open up a dynamic endgame for Dreamweaver once again and for Calamity to start anew it's goal of taking the map. But it is not an easy choice, and I think those clamoring for Calamity to do this do not empathize with the work put in to achieve the goal of the map.

In possibly a couple of months or so players will press 'M' and see a map much different than today. I hope they will see a map with a lot more pink and some other colours because EQ has come back. But if current trends continue they will see one of two things. They will see a red map, and they will know that Calamity are victorious, and they will also see finality. Or they will see a map with over forty different colours, they will see possibility and opportunity, and they will hopefully understand the gift that Calamity will have given to Dreamweaver.

I am of course biased. I appeal to Calamity, if it comes to it, to take the second path. Not because I want more land, and not because I want Calamity to lose land, but because I want Dreamweaver to flourish.

yours truly,

Tyramera - citizen of Dreamweaver
  • Nerdems - Dreamweaver
    Nerdems - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if cala does get the whole map factions should just boycott them and no one attack. Their members will eventually get bored or they will disban and reform so its fair for everyone
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if cala does get the whole map factions should just boycott them and no one attack. Their members will eventually get bored or they will disban and reform so its fair for everyone

no better alternative. then just free teleport / free 60 mirages a week :x

but i think the game itself die out if they not change TT / TW back anyway.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think Aubree said that Equinox hoped that all their players aspire to have great endgame gear and/or pets that would make them more successful both in PvE and TW.
    Thank you Andres (got it right b:victory) Yes I expect peopel to have goals. People with goals are more active which helps the rest of our members with what they need too. Equinox does have venos who do not have nixes and don't plan on getting them as well.

To fenian.. would it help you to know that I also do many TT runs dedicated to our members, provide them free gear which I also shard and refine to at least +4? I do all I can to help our members progress. A good bit of my time is spent helping people with TT, culti, etc. I care very much for our members. I hate to see anyone having a hard time, especially with the latest changes. I know some people don't have the coin or rl money to throw into the game, and for those people I work hard. But they also need to have goals and aspirations.
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thank you Andres (got it right b:victory) Yes I expect peopel to have goals. People with goals are more active which helps the rest of our members with what they need too. Equinox does have venos who do not have nixes and don't plan on getting them as well.

To fenian.. would it help you to know that I also do many TT runs dedicated to our members, provide them free gear which I also shard and refine to at least +4? I do all I can to help our members progress. A good bit of my time is spent helping people with TT, culti, etc. I care very much for our members. I hate to see anyone having a hard time, especially with the latest changes. I know some people don't have the coin or rl money to throw into the game, and for those people I work hard. But they also need to have goals and aspirations.

That definately makes me feel a little better about EQ. The post I was reading before sounded like you refused anyone that didn't have the legendary nix. To me, it sounded like you cared now, only about winning tw's, and not about the people, themselves. It sounds more like the EQ I once knew and loved and after hearing this, I retract the last part of my previous post.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That definately makes me feel a little better about EQ. The post I was reading before sounded like you refused anyone that didn't have the legendary nix. To me, it sounded like you cared now, only about winning tw's, and not about the people, themselves. It sounds more like the EQ I once knew and loved and after hearing this, I retract the last part of my previous post.

b:cutehow much per hour
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's PATHETIC how a faction as strong and wonderful as Equinox Dreamweaver can fall all because of a double uppercut, given in a combination between overly cash-shopping fools and the lack of a real TW. It's obvious that this "really great idea" the developers had didn't include paying for charms, building towers, and repairing expensive HH/Nirvana/Rank gear...So one could blame this "wonderful" new patch we've been given.

Everybody in Equinox (Harshlands) laments for this loss, and hopes that Equinox continues to shine through this horrendous and insulting period of...less-than-perfection. We're still rooting for you, and we're proud to be associated with your faction.
    We hope that despite this adversity, EQ will rise up and conquer this...very annoying, (quite ugly) red blotch on the map.

MOAR PINK PLX!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's PATHETIC how a faction as strong and wonderful as Equinox Dreamweaver can fall all because of a double uppercut, given in a combination between overly cash-shopping fools and the lack of a real TW. It's obvious that this "really great idea" the developers had didn't include paying for charms, building towers, and repairing expensive HH/Nirvana/Rank gear...So one could blame this "wonderful" new patch we've been given.

Everybody in Equinox (Harshlands) laments for this loss, and hopes that Equinox continues to shine through this horrendous and insulting period of...less-than-perfection. We're still rooting for you, and we're proud to be associated with your faction.
    We hope that despite this adversity, EQ will rise up and conquer this...very annoying, (quite ugly) red blotch on the map.

MOAR PINK PLX!

b:byemhmm

gtfo