Reroll psy? or keep going BM?

Options
Pyrya - Archosaur
Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Simple as that, i'd just like an opinion. I honestly don't think i can afford a BM with getting aps and such.

Probably should add that i would be restoring a lvl 69 psy.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5766232a40731b8e change it too psy...freakin calc

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5a604ae5d448c26d

Those are typical end game builds for my server. Now which does it look would cost less? The BM would cost ungodly amounts of money, however i doubt the psy would ever go near that cost.

I"m aware that psys are hard to PK with, but in my time on this BM i've learned much better how to actually PK on a psy. Not to sound like i'm saying OMGPSYSARESOEFFINPRO cause BMs are just as pro. This really stems from the fact i HATE not being able to get to my target. It happens every time i PK, someone kills me before i can even get to them. Course its the opposite with psy cause i hate them being in my face, but thats what psys will is for right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pyrya - Archosaur on

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Simple as that, i'd just like an opinion. I honestly don't think i can afford a BM with getting aps and such.

IMO you should stick with BM. They're more versatile in almost every way. Assassins outshine BMs in 1v1 pvp scenarios, so it would only be worth rerolling if you're fond of sneaking up on people, killing them really quick, and running away. I'm not saying that's a bad way of playing, but I really dont' have the patience for that myself. As a BM you can off tank since you can actually take a few hits, and be effective in many different scenarios. Also, I think most parties prefer 4.0 aps BM to 5.0 aps sin, but I could be wrong.

Edit: I fail, you said psychic. I'd still stick with BM for the same reasons I said above...I'd rather play a wizard than a psychic, actually. I played a psychic myself and it juts doesn't feel as...fulfilling. Psychics do have more nuking power than BMs, but I think they are also quite gear-dependent, since they are DDs. I don't think you'd find it that much cheaper to be a good psychic.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IMO you should stick with BM. They're more versatile in almost every way. Assassins outshine BMs in 1v1 pvp scenarios, so it would only be worth rerolling if you're fond of sneaking up on people, killing them really quick, and running away. I'm not saying that's a bad way of playing, but I really dont' have the patience for that myself. As a BM you can off tank since you can actually take a few hits, and be effective in many different scenarios. Also, I think most parties prefer 4.0 aps BM to 5.0 aps sin, but I could be wrong.

You noticed i said psy right xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You noticed i said psy right xD

Yea I fail, I edited my post lol.
  • NoImKrel - Heavens Tear
    NoImKrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    psy are well OP..i farm grind wit hmine and its like lvl 21 or something..still using the orb from the supply chest and still in its first arcane quest item gear...killing things with ease..maybe getting a hit every now and then lol.
    A psy was dueling my barb friend that has 14.5k buffed in tiger..psy was hitting 12k's + prob using genie combinations and had distance.That psy found a good kill formula.
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mainly depends on what you find more fun.

can keep goin with both too if you really can't decide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why get the evasion orns when u already got 5aps without them
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The equips you used in those two calcs... honestly can't be compared to each other. That BM has a far higher expense than the psy, but the quality of the BM's gear is also far above that of the psy.

That aside, though, I'd personally stick to the BM since things will be much easier for you to handle later on whereas psys... well... they're kinda glass cannons in PvP until you get to the point where you have better gears on them (especially if you get caught with the wrong voodoo for the situation on).
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why get the evasion orns when u already got 5aps without them

Why +10 them?
    truekossy wrote: »
    The equips you used in those two calcs... honestly can't be compared to each other. That BM has a far higher expense than the psy, but the quality of the BM's gear is also far above that of the psy.

And some of those key differences would be:
    BM has Love: Up and Down while Psy has a random mag/vit tome
    BM has Nirvana leggings while Psy has TT99
    BM has TT100 weapon, while Psy has TT99
    BM has Primevals while Psy has Citrine Gems
    BM has Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade while Psy has Cape of Elite Leather

Also, the gear setups themselves are ridiculous. They are far from "common endgame" and more like "high-end cash shopper". The only people I've ever seen with gear comparable to either of them have been known, massive cash shoppers.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OBJECTION!!!!!

This argument is one sided!
    You wanna know how much endgame Psychic gear is? Ask Longknife. Even better (gasp) you could actually make it yourself instead of buying it!

Lemme tell you something, you can get endgame BM's a dime a dozen these days. Endgame Psychics take time, effort, and an ACTUAL understanding of the class. You also have to understand the weaknesses of OTHER classes, especially when using Soulforce techniques. You just can't faceroll when you're playing a Psychic.

Because there are so FEW endgame Psychics running around, we're one of the least understood classes. If you play and gear it RIGHT, you can be one of the most deadly classes endgame. Played correctly, we can give most classes a very hard time.

Low level Psychics are NOT meant to tank. You're not a low level Psychic, so that shouldn't bother you. If you have your stats right (I suggest after getting 75 STR, you go 4 pts MAG and 1 pt VIT) you should be able to tank bosses, if you build up a good enough spark. (Psychic will can negate physical damage as well as get rid of status effects....not to mention, hey, you can heal!)
    What happens with most Psychics is, they go crazy and spark and AoE like madmen, and get all shocked when they die. Playing a psychic is about knowing how to time your attacks so you don't take aggro from your tank.....or if you ARE tanking, Psychic playing is about keeping aggro and also not dying because without White Voodoo you're pretty much screwed.

If you are tanking and you're having a bad time, check your gear, check your skill levels. A lot of people forget to do that. (A lot of people are too poor.)

I'm just saying, if you like to hit things with magical stuff, go Psychic. If you like to hit things with swords and fists and other things, go BM. [/thread]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You don't have to be 5 APS BM or even 4 APS BM to be successful. If you enjoy playing BM, you should stick with it. Plenty of BMs did fine before the intervals from anni packs. Get decent zerk axes. "Cheapest" endgame ones would be TT90 gold. Then try to get a couple of interval gears. DQ 60 bracers are reasonable for -0.1 and FC fists are dropping in price. The rest of the gears can wait. Study the market so you can start making money from merchanting. You mentioned that you are in a TW faction on another thread. You can be successful TW BM by having zero interval gears and be a full VIT BM.
    You wanna know how much endgame Psychic gear is? Ask Longknife.

Why Longknife? His gears are average from what I can tell. I never really actually checked his gears in player info. There was this R8 Psy with full p def event gears and double lunar rings. Can't call that cheap gears. Although the player didn't really know what he was doing.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    cost should never be a factor when you pick your main all classes cost the same at endgame (not lvl 100 with +3 refines on green tt 90's damit endgame as in +10-12 nirvana/lunar/rank/tt99 gears)

its not that hard to make 10 mill + coin a week in this game even before you finish farmign gears

go psy if you want to be a walking glas cannon in pk but really undervalued in pve

go bm if you like to punch things in the face and take a hit or 2 and be amazing at pve and nasty in pk
    Gifs are hard to make work here