Most female fashion far to...reviling?

JoneTanami - Heavens Tear
JoneTanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
I just went through and looked for fashion to buy for my girlfriend and I saw that most of the female fashion is...well...exposing. Does anyone share my thoughts?
Post edited by JoneTanami - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Mayhaps....what be "reviling" about clothes anyway??
    b:puzzled
    o.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Lady - Dreamweaver
    _Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There are quite a few revealing fash items, but there are a lot of nice ones too. I personally like the Afterhours Top, Leather Pants, Fairy Boots... and so many it'd take ages to list em :p As for the revealing fashion, I can't say I like it all that much. But some women just like to show off their goods *shrugs*
    ~Characters~

_Lady: lvl 80 BM on Dreamweaver
    _Constantina: lvl 60 Cleric on Dreamweaver
    _Nomura: lvl 30 Wiz on Dreamweaver

Lady_Emal: lvl 61 BM on Sanctuary (Retired)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There are quite a few revealing fash items, but there are a lot of nice ones too. I personally like the Afterhours Top, Leather Pants, Fairy Boots... and so many it'd take ages to list em :p As for the revealing fashion, I can't say I like it all that much. But some women just like to show off their goods *shrugs*

Cuz it's hot b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sex sells. end of story.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sex sells. end of story.

This.

And at OP: You're honestly worried your girlfriend wearing revealing clothing on her CHARACTER, in a GAME? You sound like the kind of guy that gets jealous when a guy other than you carries on a conversation with your girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • JoneTanami - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    This.

And at OP: You're honestly worried your girlfriend wearing revealing clothing on her CHARACTER, in a GAME? You sound like the kind of guy that gets jealous when a guy other than you carries on a conversation with your girl.

No I'm not worried...I was just asking if people feel the way I do. I could care less what she wears in-game.

If it helps, she asked for the eastern dress and shoes, and the tiger bikini (don't ask)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's only a game don't worry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Brawler jacket + magician pants. Not revealing what so ever.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Brawler jacket + magician pants. Not revealing what so ever.

YOUR FACE AND HANDS ARE VISIBLE! TOTALLY REVEALING!!!1!1!1!!!11shiftoneone
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    YOUR FACE AND HANDS ARE VISIBLE! TOTALLY REVEALING!!!1!1!1!!!11shiftoneone

I lol'd

Honestly...does no one think that a few things in there are strickly made to serve the guys that play as females?
  • jenli
    jenli Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    NO! it's not too reviling.
    I like it the way it is.
    But then I am from from Miami so I am used to wearing reviling things most of the time in real life.
    I typically wear the Bikini in the game on my character all of the time.
    But of course they can put some burkas in the cash shop for women who are self conscious or have religious concerns about the clothing options available.
    Some guys like to play as female characters too so let them have what they want in the game, I am good with that.
    Just because some people may think it's too reviling doesn't mean that they are the ones that have some kind of right to impose their beliefs on the rest of us.
    :D
    edited August 2010
    jenli wrote: »
    NO! it's not too reviling.
    I like it the way it is.
    But then I am from from Miami so I am used to wearing reviling things most of the time in real life.
    I typically wear the Bikini in the game on my character all of the time.
    But of course they can put some burkas in the cash shop for women who are self conscious or have religious concerns about the clothing options available.
    Some guys like to play as female characters too so let them have what they want in the game, I am good with that.
    Just because some people may think it's too reviling doesn't mean that they are the ones that have some kind of right to impose their beliefs on the rest of us.
    :D

I never said I was imposing...I was mearly asking a question...flame more plez b:angry
  • Anya_ - Raging Tide
    Anya_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's fairly well balanced I think... considering the majority of the players enjoy having some of the more revealing fash lol but yeah it would be nice if they put out a few more modest fash choices for those of us who would prefer it b:pleased when i started to read this thread all i could think of was that scene in the movie Man of the House, when the cop tried to get a group of college cheerleaders to dress modest b:laugh he was very smart though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Tag your dead." [Anya]
    "Memory? What memory? I remember nothing. I have no memories." [Anya]
    <3 to Dorset for my lovely tag!
    edited August 2010
    It's fairly well balanced I think... considering the majority of the players enjoy having some of the more revealing fash lol but yeah it would be nice if they put out a few more modest fash choices for those of us who would prefer it b:pleased when i started to read this thread all i could think of was that scene in the movie Man of the House, when the cop tried to get a group of college cheerleaders to dress modest b:laugh he was very smart though

I saw that movie...that scene was my fav. I wasnt the A/C though...I like being cold...

Anyways, OT:

Thats what I'm going for, I'm just seeing if people here want more "Warm" fash.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I like the dresses. :)
    Some stuff is revealing, but of course sex does sell like someone previously posted.

Plus if it wasn't revealing people would probably complain about fashion being too modest. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
    edited August 2010
    I like the dresses. :)
    Some stuff is revealing, but of course sex does sell like someone previously posted.

Plus if it wasn't revealing people would probably complain about fashion being too modest. -.-

good point...but still as just asking
  • kisaroze
    kisaroze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The fash is like that.. maybe to attract more players? People are pervs :)
  • CamilleYun - Dreamweaver
    CamilleYun - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010

personally, I think it's pretty tame.
  • Arlyssa - Dreamweaver
    Arlyssa - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No I'm not worried...I was just asking if people feel the way I do. I could care less what she wears in-game.

If it helps, she asked for the eastern dress and shoes, and the tiger bikini (don't ask)

So you're okey with her wearing what she want's "IN-GAME"? But you wan't a say in what she wears IRL? We still have men like u around in 2010? Wow...

The problem I'm having with my BF is that I don't get very far from the front door if I'm wearing something REALLY nice. But not because he doesn't approve (even if he didn't approve, he wouldn't dare say it to my face), it's because he likes it a bit TOO much.

So my exit gets a bit delayed... b:cute

But then again, what ever works for u and your girl...
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Really the only sets I would say are revealing are the bikinis, domino, shinobi, sunshine, corsair, pirate, maiden set, a few others I can't remember cause HT is still down...

But there are many others that are quite tame. Empire Dress, Wedding Dress, Lovebird Dress, Lollipop Dress, Crystal Love, etc.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • Dasmon - Dreamweaver
    Dasmon - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Who cares if they are they look good n its just a game xD
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They need burkas in the game to solve this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heavens_Dove - Harshlands
    Heavens_Dove - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i agree
  • Heavens_Dove - Harshlands
    Heavens_Dove - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    OMG PEOPLE! ONE OUTFIT THERE SHOULD BE IS NARUTO SHIPPUDEN CHAR CLOTHES! tons of ppl would buy sakura,ino and kurenai outfits and guys could have sai,sasuke and naruto :) everyone would look so smexy :)
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    OMG PEOPLE! ONE OUTFIT THERE SHOULD BE IS NARUTO SHIPPUDEN CHAR CLOTHES! tons of ppl would buy sakura,ino and kurenai outfits and guys could have sai,sasuke and naruto :) everyone would look so smexy :)

Let's stop and think about this for a moment.

All of the Naruto characters are copyrighted. This means that certain people own the rights to the characters, their looks and everything about them. If PWI were to make a set of clothes for your favorite character and then sell them for profit, the owners of Naruto could sue PWI for copyright infringement. This would cost a lot of money from the PWI bank, and we know how GMs love their money.

Now then, if we went through the legal way...

PWI would have to go through a legally binding contract to use the outfits of the naruto characters, usually having to pay a percentage of money made off the naruto merchandise to the owners. This would also cost PWI money.

So. You getting your fantasy of dressing your veno like your favorite anime character is slim to none, since it's going to cost PWI money.

TL:DR; Licensed outfits cost PWI more money than they make, it's never gonna happen.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    SLKJGBHJKFDGHSDRGSE

plz don't bring naruto into this forum, i have a...a...

a hate with a passion for naruto b:angry

im not hating on the anime, but the amount of fanboys/girls... b:irritated

inb4 jealousy
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Rainesong - Dreamweaver
    Rainesong - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I definitely agree some of the clothes are too revealing/suggestive... Also, I have definitely experienced a huge difference in the way you are treated based off whether you were more smutty clothes or not in game. Honestly, I like some of the more revealing items just as a way to express my individuality but because of the extremely rude comments I've gotten it just makes expressing yourself less fun so I stopped buying/wearing them. I think the clothes should be more about the style not about what you "show" that simple change would improve the game as a whole.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just went through and looked for fashion to buy for my girlfriend and I saw that most of the female fashion is...well...exposing. Does anyone share my thoughts?

*Stolen from someone else somewhere else*

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls

We like revealing clothing 'cos we, according to NEVER WRONG MAJORITY OPINION don't have a real sex life and are desperate to see anything close to a naked lady.

Id bet some people even run various Nude patches, its not unheard of. b:chuckle
    edited September 2010
    I've seen those...On WoW...nuff said/