FC pre stack heals before pull

Options
Vorawrcious - Harshlands
Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I thought a few stack heals before a mob pull was standard. But i had one FC with a cleric that refused to do preheals before pull. I wondering how many Barbs do FC without getting stack heals before pull.

I think cleric was also squaking about BB not needed too. Has any done FC without BB or only a few BB in the hardest spots. That acutally the second cleric i heard talk of BB not need if pull is done correctly. They just want to do that party heal, i think, instead, to save MP.

I've done FC with 2 different roles and always seems pre stack heals and BB are the norm. What say you all?
Post edited by Vorawrcious - Harshlands on

Comments

• KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BB would use less mp than party heal <_<
    and I don't preheal on my cleric unless it's a longer and harder pull
    I've heard a couple people talking about how BB isn't really needed but I use it like, all the time, cos it's awesome and works good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I refuse to pull when the cleric is stacking IH's on me. Quickest way to get them killed.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I refuse to pull when the cleric is stacking IH's on me. Quickest way to get them killed.

tis why preheals.
    stack a couple IHs before you start runnin off and pullin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was wondering, for the big room at least, a barb can survive without pre heals right? But obviously, it's much safer with them if he chooses to pull all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was wondering, for the big room at least, a barb can survive without pre heals right? But obviously, it's much safer with them if he chooses to pull all of them.

preheals won't last the entire pull..so yea
    but all the barbs I've been with have survived it without preheals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    preheals won't last the entire pull..so yea
    but all the barbs I've been with have survived it without preheals.

Cool, thanks for the quick answer. I do remember I squadded with some barbs that had pre heals and did fine, but some that just ran in without saying a word and did just fine. And no squad wipes xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BB also reduces damage intake+heals, really silly to not use it. Not 100% required, just smarter.

.... esspecially if the cleric is hypering, gives them free space to turn hyper on.. Cleric trying to fumble with hypers and heal with IH = potential wipes.

Pre healings is simply a good idea if the pull is going to be a long one IE, running up hall then having to return to go into that first room type.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If I'm playing the cleric, I try to toss the lure some heals before they head off but I've met barbs who prefer running off without them.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tis why preheals.
    stack a couple IHs before you start runnin off and pullin.

Not all clerics know either when or how to stop stacking. Thus, I just won't pull with any heals. I even make it a point to tell them to stop.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can do it without preheals because I'm a badass but I can't see why a cleric would refuse to do preheals. If that happened just kick the cleric from the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not all clerics know either when or how to stop stacking. Thus, I just won't pull with any heals. I even make it a point to tell them to stop.

pretty bad cleric if they dunno when to stop D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pre-heals used to be done all the time, both to help the tank survive and also to let the tank know the cleric is ready at the same time. Fell out of favor somewhat when barbs would charge in while the pre-heal is being done.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I thought a few stack heals before a mob pull was standard. But i had one FC with a cleric that refused to do preheals before pull. I wondering how many Barbs do FC without getting stack heals before pull.

I think cleric was also squaking about BB not needed too. Has any done FC without BB or only a few BB in the hardest spots. That acutally the second cleric i heard talk of BB not need if pull is done correctly. They just want to do that party heal, i think, instead, to save MP.

I've done FC with 2 different roles and always seems pre stack heals and BB are the norm. What say you all?

Solution:

1. Kick the cleric from squad and/or pk them depending on your guilds rules.
    2. Get a sin to give you bloodpaint.
    3. ????
    4. PROFIT.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would preheal the barb before he ran into magic mobs.
    As for BB, I wouldn't bother with it unless it was at an important part. For example, big room, dragoons, and magic mobs. I'd stick with Stream of Rejuvenation or IH for most of the parts so I can save my sparks for important spots.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stacking heals before pulls is not really standard past 90+. Majority of barbs dont need it and dont wanna wait a few extra sec for it either. They just wanna rush the instance asap like everyone else.

Its obviously appreciated if you as cleric can stack a few heals before pulls without slowing down the party. But a barb waiting for 3 stacks of Ironheart is kinda rare. They dont even wait for buffs b:angry

Most dont wait for the cleric either btw. You might not have chi for BB or fuel for Holy Path and keep spamming "WAIT WAIT FFS". But barb just runs and assumes that people will catch up and that the mobs will die. The mobs always dies tho in the end even if no one was ready so i guess it doesn't matter XD

Mobs are often dead before you even get a chance to open BB so party heals is actually enough for most pulls beside exp room >.<
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Sounds like a smart cleric. The benefit of a pre-heal is very low in FC and the risk of course is the cleric gets aggro and dies.

It's true. I've done many Frosts without a cleric. They are not needed in an FC party at all technically. I suspect that some clerics like to minimize on BB use because it eats chi like a ****.

I'm definitely not for it.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stacking heals before pulls is not really standard past 90+. Majority of barbs dont need it and dont wanna wait a few extra sec for it either. They just wanna rush the instance asap like everyone else.

Its obviously appreciated if you as cleric can stack a few heals before pulls without slowing down the party. But a barb waiting for 3 stacks of Ironheart is kinda rare. They dont even wait for buffs b:angry

Most dont wait for the cleric either btw. You might not have chi for BB or fuel for Holy Path and keep spamming "WAIT WAIT FFS". But barb just runs and assumes that people will catch up and that the mobs will die. The mobs always dies tho in the end even if no one was ready so i guess it doesn't matter XD

Mobs are often dead before you even get a chance to open BB so party heals is actually enough for most pulls beside exp room >.<
    When you can pull all mobs to the shade and one shot all of them with armageddon then you don't need to wait for people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Taking into consideration that Fc runs can pretty much be started at lvl 75, think its a level by level basis on what the cleric should and shouldnt do. b:chuckle
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For me it varies.
    I have some barbs who just run out there and do the pulls, and it goes fine.
    However there are barbs who do require the pre-stacks of IH.

For BB, it also depends on the squad.
    There are some squads I must do BB in,
    especially if there are more DDs.
    But some, I don't have to at all.

Anyways, big pulls always require BB.
    No exceptions.

My two cents
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

No exceptions.

Lies .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For me it varies.
    I have some barbs who just run out there and do the pulls, and it goes fine.
    However there are barbs who do require the pre-stacks of IH.

For BB, it also depends on the squad.
    There are some squads I must do BB in,
    especially if there are more DDs.
    But some, I don't have to at all.

No exceptions.

My two cents
    b:thanks

Big pulls always requires bloodpaint and armageddon.

Don't even need BB!! How sweet is that? b:victory

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

The barb doesn't get hit during the big pull. He moves faster than the mobs.
  • hiddenalt
    hiddenalt Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In the important spots just toss a wings or protection much better then IH and BB just cause im lazy
  • NoImKrel - Heavens Tear
    NoImKrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol..people still use barbs and veno/hercs in ff...fail