Anniversary Packs 2.0

Tyranny - Dreamweaver
Tyranny - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Suggestion Box
Here's the best thing since sliced bread... Anniversary Packs 2.0. The "2.0" means several things: it stands for the fact that it'll be the second anniversary and also that the pack will be an "upgrade" from the regular packs. So lets cut the foreplay, what will be in these packs?

MORE PACKS! (and a 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of a mount cause every pack needs a mount, even charm packs had a chance at a mount remember?)

pure genius i know! You open up an Anniversary Pack 2.0 and inside you find 20 more Anniversary Packs 2.0. In fact if you open enough packs and fill your inventory with 1000 of them Duke Blacke will shout a special message in that fantastic system message red that we all love so much. The only catch is that these packs expire after 15 mins of their initial opening so you can still sell them but once you open one the fun begins.

So you ask, what does this accomplish? Glad you asked! Several things.

1. Those that love opening packs during TT's or Rebirths or FC's even during TW's (you know who you are) can do so. Why do instances when you can open packs? Now you can open them 24/7. Not only that if you dont open them fast enough you lose them all!

2. Those that have never opened a pack can now "play with the big boys". Imagine all the satisfaction you'll get! You'll be opening up packs like the pro's in the game do. All those packs click after click. All it takes is the first pack and you'll be hooked. This has the added benefit of addicting pack newbs onto actual packs that contain stuff which is good for PWI's bottom line.

3. Anniversary Packs 2.0 will create no inflation of ingame prices.

4. It'll "add content" because opening packs will be turned into a mini-game so you can see your name in red in the system message if you're quick enough. Afterall seeing your name in red means you are h/\rdk0r3 b/\d/\55 player that people should take seriously. And No i will not discuss at this current time what the message will be

5. I alluded to this a bit earlier but these packs are also an upgrade. They follow the "less is more" mantra. Less items, more tokens. In traditional PWI style you'll now have a 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of a mount. It's gonna be the biggest, flashiest, most "coolest" set of mounts ever. If you think that chance is too low well you're forgetting the best part about these packs... opening one generates 20 more. You're bound to get a mount... eventually. And all the poor players who cant afford the packs will see just how hard you are trying to be uber because system red = h/\rdk0r3 b/\d/\55 player!

6. These packs seem to adhere to the current spirit of the game so there's no inherent conflict there.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. If Anniversary Packs 2.0 isnt your thing and you're too lazy to open all those packs I have something better. Super Anniversary Packs 2.0. With a simple click you can fill your entire inventory with Anniversary Packs 2.0 instantly.

I am open to improving/refining this idea so please let me know of any constructive criticisms you may have. Your opinions are important to me. I'll take note of your thoughts for improvement and make sure they don't conflict with anything other versions of the game may have implemented already.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.