Old Frost vs New Frost

2»

Comments

• Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2008-12-1717-59-53.jpg
    2008-12-1718-12-20.jpg
    My first foray into squad mode (and I believe was also the 1st time on HT server) we managed to get this far and said "OMFG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" This was on 12/17/2008. For any of you that recall old Frost and look closely at this pic; you can see why. There's I think 8-10 little mini-boss/mobs patrolling in there. The problem we didn't know at the time was that if ANY melee tanked them they would run and aoe alot (they were quest mobs which I eventually got done). Many moons later (when ppl got better gear/leveled) we figured out...just let us clerics solo those mobs (even though were metal) cuz of the stupid magic aoe/nonstop running if any one else tanked them. We couldn't/didn't wanna stop and lure all of those mobs in this room cuz of the running bs (Blessing and I had gone through I think 12-14 angels up to this point combined; she handed me 10 b4 starting the run). When I came back in my 90's w/ some decent gear....it was 2 tempest's f/ another cleric and myself (w/ a bm prepped to aoe stun any that didn't die when they came to us). Normally we then cleared that hallway pretty easily....just needed chi and prestacking ourselves w/ IH.

Farthest I think I ever made it was the 5th or 6th boss; sadly everytime we did it other sht came up so runs became to dragggggggggg on. I always wanted to come back w/ ppl w/ tt99 gear and finish the damn thing. I recall solo mode was a joke; my wife (bm) and I in our 80's/90's would solo everything and I'd solo tank most bosses. The only tricky spots was the metal archers in air (fkers hurt) and the wood mob that would pdef curse you b:cry. The guild I was in had a bank character we used for curvades and we helped many ppl to complete the solo open/curvades quest. Had so many of the bs curvades etc. that we always summoned each and every boss while in there...so on average could get 1 person all 7? curvades etc. done/run f/ scratch. Obviously bringing a herc veno/barb made things alot faster.

Me personally I have done new FF 5-6x tops and I hate it (before hypers came out) cuz it's a joke compared to old FF. Same w/ old vs new lunar. I liked the challenge that they gave...hell I'm one of those that likes new nirvana cuz now it seperates the nubs vs pros and makes prices go up so more coin for meb:victory. Now if I can just convince all these fail barbs w/ ff fists and little-no int. running around trying to do nirvana to WAKE UP AND REALIZE THEY ARE TANKS AND NOT DDS; USE YOUR DAMN SKILLS! Oh and running up and flesh reaming bosses after you die on run boss b4 you are buffed by anyone (including your own buffs) uncharmed and too cheap to use a hp pot= fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    not like its that difficult but i have done the solo mode before ... it wasnt challenging since it was solo mode but i can imagine that the team mode was a LOT more challenging than FC is now. but, i still love FC now than i did before. Although, they do make it a little TOO easy with the red message spam telling you the tactics on how to kill the bosses... lol.

also the fact that you dont need all those ridiculous items anymore to make gree/gold gear with the new FC makes the new FC 100x better lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LMFAO @ the pic

now i remember how many **** load of mobs there were compared now b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    not like its that difficult but i have done the solo mode before ... it wasnt challenging since it was solo mode but i can imagine that the team mode was a LOT more challenging than FC is now. but, i still love FC now than i did before. Although, they do make it a little TOO easy with the red message spam telling you the tactics on how to kill the bosses... lol.

also the fact that you dont need all those ridiculous items anymore to make gree/gold gear with the new FC makes the new FC 100x better lol.

thats what makes it worse. things are too easy. easy is only good for instant gratification noobs. easy is bad for long term enjoyment.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My first run in Frost was the first Frost. I was a lvl77 or 78 barb and I went with only a lvl 84-85 cleric. We got to the sleep boss and called it quits. I think the adventure took about 2 hours and cost me around 180K in repairs.

Ran it about two more times with various squads...had a blast died a bunch and even had a few party wipes. Especially when the Bishop boss would spawn several bishops at once.

Was it fun? Hell yeah.
    Did it test my limits? Hell yeah.

New frost? It's fun and it's fast. It takes a little bit of coordination and teamwork, but other than that it's not really a difficult run. It is more fun to use as a quick level mechanism than WQ, and you can do it more than once a day. I haven't used hypers on it though so I've never seen more than 8 or 9% from a run during double exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It makes me feel like a noob because I had to answer that I've never been in either one yet I have over 1.5k posts on the forums... post count FTW! b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Umm ... you can't make (or obtain) them at all. That's better?

Maybe you don't realize it, but many of the items you see on the forges don't drop from the bosses. Yes, some do, but not all.

I don't completely disagree that the old system was kind of unnecessarily and overly complicated, but I don't think removing the items entirely is a "solution."