Question regarding imbue-ing soul gems to weapons

Options
pauljohnson797
pauljohnson797 Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was looking at different soul gems to see which ones i would want to imbue to my weapons.

I wanted to post this here just to make sure i'm interpreting the stats correctly.

For example:

I have an untamed, Barbarian. I do have skills that cause magical damage and drain my mana as if i was casting a spell in most MMO games i come across.

Now if i imbue a Shabby Sapphire Shard to a pair of "Broad Bladed Hand Axes", since these axes are not magical weapons, would the "Shabby Sapphire Shard" just give +3 magical attack to a spell like "Stomp of the Beast King" whenever i cast it?

The reason i'm asking is because even though i'm an untamed Barbarian and not a wizard, whenever i use "stomp of the beast king" it casts just like a spell and drains mana just like a spell, but requires an axe in order for me to cast it.
Post edited by pauljohnson797 on

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No. Never ever shard your weapon with a sapphire gem unless you are a magical class.
    The reason is: EVERY ONE of your skills as a barbarian that you use casts PHYSICAL damage. It is a skill, and like every class, skills cost mana to cast them. You are a physical dealing class, therefore all of your shards should be Garnets for + Physical Attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • pauljohnson797
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh, ok. Thanks again.
  • pauljohnson797
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, I just finished grinding to get the money to purchase two socket stones.

I got a pair of "Broad Bladed Hand Axes" and a few socket stones...now how do i use my socket stones to add sockets to my axes?

When i go to the botique Agent, it says i need 15 socket stones. The cheapest i found the socket stones from the shops is 15,000. I currently have two socket stones. That means that i would have to grind and grind until i have made 195,000 in game gold. I don't have a problem with that because i know where to grind and get some very good loot :)

I'm just curious if there is a short cut to this other than using RL money to purchase gold or going to an auction shop.

Oh, speaking of auction shops where can i find one? I've read in a post on the forums that they're in every majior city. I'm currently in Etherblade and am looking...any clue where auction NPC is at?
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can do Nein Beast Event for Socket Stones depending on your level, but otherwise, you are stuck grinding your money or charging. But honestly, I never shard/socket anything until my character is atleast lv 65+, because you change armour so fast til then that it's a waste of coinage. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it but I, personally, do not.
    As for Auction House in Etherblade, all you have to do is go up to the mini map, click the green arrow button under it and you will see a list of all the NPCs in the area, just double click the name of the NPC you want and it will appear on your mini map where it is.
    Auction Houses are located in just about every major city; there are 3 in Archosaur, 1 in each starter cities, 1 in Dreamweaver Port, 1 in City of Thousand Streams, and a few different places. But small towns like Hidden Orchid do not have any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os