Sharding Gear

BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide
BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Archer
Ok, to start off, I've read the threads about sharding gear and I know what they say: CITRINES.

But I was wondering if sharding your gear with evasion shards is an option. Why I ask?
Well as an Archer or Assassin who goes pure Dex (preferable :P) already has high evasion and so I thought "Why not add more to it?". However as I am not really familiar with the game yet I don't know how the numbers (of evasion) stated at your character information influences the actual percentage which is displayed under the name of a mob.

Can anyone tell me more about this?
Post edited by BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In terms of actual evasion, it seems to be broken at higher levels.

Also, evasion only works on physical attacks, +life works on all. And +life always helps, +evasion only if you actually happen to evade stuff.

And since Archers get Blessing of Condor that gives +1000% evasion for a duration, and it's pretty much seen as useless, that should tell you something about the usefulness of evasion.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide
    BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok thanks for the info :), didn't know that evasion is so "useful" later on T_T
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok, to start off, I've read the threads about sharding gear and I know what they say: CITRINES.

But I was wondering if sharding your gear with evasion shards is an option. Why I ask?
    Well as an Archer or Assassin who goes pure Dex (preferable :P) already has high evasion and so I thought "Why not add more to it?". However as I am not really familiar with the game yet I don't know how the numbers (of evasion) stated at your character information influences the actual percentage which is displayed under the name of a mob.

Can anyone tell me more about this?
    You can quit game now if your going to shard with evasion gems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +1 ^

/tenchar
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archers don't really need more evasion. Magic attacks cannot be evaded either.

Choice is between garnet/sapph or citrine for most people. And 95% of those people go with citrines because it covers both, and charms works better.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If I had the coins, I would shard all my 90 gear with a mixture of Immac HP and Garnets.
    I mean 4k+ Hp is really nice but it's not that great when people are hitting me for 1k or more a hit and without a charm, it's obviously 3 hits and I'm down. Not to mention i'm a 1hit for a nix. I personally would add garnets to atleast one piece of armour.

Edit: Before I get people asking me if I use good gear, yes, I have legendary 87 chest, 69 leggings, 80 gold bracers and tt70 boots (I can't part with them at this point in time since they were a gift from my close friend when he quit the game and moved to New Zealand or something... and because I have my 90 boots ready for when I level.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Drippydrop - Harshlands
    Drippydrop - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ima 8x archer beast. Just need to work on my skills
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ima 8x archer beast. Just need to work on my skills

Ok?

/10char
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I use Citrines. More HP the better :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2