Newby Questions!

hazyman0
hazyman0 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Hey Perfect world Players im thinking about playing PW! Not sure if its better than -Edited-! Ima test both of them out to see which one is better! Anways i have some questions about Perfect World!

1. What is the currency of the game (i couldnt find any info on wikia or im just to lazy)? Such as Zen and Gold i guess? Thats what you call it i hope? I know ZEN is the cash shop points or something. Tell me the best item you can buy at the Cash shop w/ ZEN thats cost the most ZEN.

2. How many players are there?

3. If you dont buy ZEN how long will it take you to become a decent player.

TY
Post edited by hazyman0 on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Naming other games is against the rules, just so you know :P

1. You purchase Zen with real money. You can then convert the Zen into gold. Gold can also be bought in-game with coins. Gold can be used in the in-game boutique. I guess, technically, the most expensive thing you can buy is a legendary pet for the Venomancer class, at about 180 gold per pet. The most expensive thing to ever be in the boutique as far as I can recall is either a mount (70 gold) or a +10 dragon orb (75?).
    2. Umm.. a lot! haha. Not sure what the exact amount is, though the Facebook page has around 93,000 fans and there are many more players than that.
    3. That depends on a variety of things, and what your definition of decent may be. It is possible to get the same things that a cash shopper has, but it requires a lot more work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hazyman0 wrote: »
    Hey Perfect world Players im thinking about playing PW! Not sure if its better than [Name of Other Game Edited Out]! Ima test both of them out to see which one is better! Anways i have some questions about Perfect World!
    Bad form to name other games on PWE's forums...
    1. What is the currency of the game (i couldnt find any info on wikia or im just to lazy)? Such as Zen and Gold i guess? Thats what you call it i hope? I know ZEN is the cash shop points or something. Tell me the best item you can buy at the Cash shop w/ ZEN thats cost the most ZEN.
    In-game currency is gold. Gold can be purchased direclty with Zen through the web-site or in-game with coins. 1 Gold = $1 USD = 419,000 coins (gold-to-coin is Sanctuary average of the bid-ask spread over the last 4 days). Coins are earned by grinding mobs and doing quests.
    2. How many players are there?
    93,000 fans on Facebook... easily thousands per server and there are 5 servers.
    3. If you dont buy ZEN how long will it take you to become a decent player.
    You can be a decent PvE player from day 1 without spending any real-life dollars. You will never ever compete against the very best PvP players without investing a lot of real-life dollars or spending a lot of time merchanting (buying Boutique items and re-selling to other players at a decent profit in large volumes over a long time; can be done without spending RL dollars, but not everyone can do it well). If you play a Venomancer, it's very easy and survivable early on but there's a lot of pressure to get a Baby Hercules pet in order to get invited to Frost Covered City (high experience dungeon) and certain daily Bounty Hunts (another high-experience dungeon quest); a Herc costs around $190 USD or about 60-80 million coins so it can be quite expensive. Don't know of any other class that has such a high single-item expense that is so demanded by other players that don't play a veno.

Just my opinion, but been playing for a little over a year now. Very fun game... I heard it's better than the one you mentioned but I've never played that game so couldn't say directly.
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1. Game Currency = Event Packs

2. Number of Players = Fewer and fewer (due to massive oversale of event packs)

3. Time to become "Decent Player" without cash shop = Error. Does not compute.

/sarcasm

Actually for #3, if you study and play your class rather than trying to mindlessly level up quickly,

v v v This answer works v v v

You can be a decent PvE player from day 1 without spending any real-life dollars. You will never ever compete against the very best PvP players without investing a lot of real-life dollars or spending a lot of time merchanting (buying Boutique items and re-selling to other players at a decent profit in large volumes over a long time; can be done without spending RL dollars, but not everyone can do it well).

And if you ARE one of those idiots who wish to level up as fast as possible without learning your class, then:

image002.jpg

Move along! There is nothing to see here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • hazyman0
    hazyman0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Umm you say you can buy GOLD? using money? So does that mean ZEN ??? like 1 zen = 1 gold? If you can buy GOLD w/ money then whats the point of ZEN? !
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Umm you say you can buy GOLD? using money? So does that mean ZEN ??? like 1 zen = 1 gold? If you can buy GOLD w/ money then whats the point of ZEN? !

1000 zen = 1 gold = 1 USdollar.

zen is basically what they call it on this site before it's transferred to one of PWE's games, where it can be called gold or jaden or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010

7 sry had to correct that :P @OP heavens tears server is most populated but its pve...if u wana PK then go to lost city server RedsRose will take care of u :D
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010

about 30000 of them are the same guy.
  • TheTroll - Lost City
    TheTroll - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Stay away new guy! This game will eat your wallet, make you depressed, it have the worst game economy evar and the classes are extremely imbalanced. Play another one of the perfect world games, JD is way more epic than this game. And reds rose will not help you! She will pk you and res ou then sleep you forever D:
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Stay away new guy! This game will eat your wallet, make you depressed, it have the worst game economy evar and the classes are extremely imbalanced. Play another one of the perfect world games, JD is way more epic than this game. And reds rose will not help you! She will pk you and res ou then sleep you forever D:

Not sure if you're not trolling (for once) but it's the same old song and dance with all PWE games IMO...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]