Question about Banquet Reservation?

Options
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I was married previous to the new "chapel" idea. For over a year actually (married my real life husband in game). However; there is something I don't quite understand and felt compelled to ask about.

People who buy packs, can partake in the new wedding set up, the event that follows etc all without having to buy a banquet reservation? (that is how I read it) If this is an error please correct me.

But having been married already, I must use gold to purchase an item to be able to partake in the wedding festivities.

Now unless the price of the packs went up by 5 gold, I don't see how this is at all any compensation to those who were married before the update of the chapel.

So... really the question is.. people who buy the wedding packs now can take part in the wedding activities without purchasing a banquet reservation?
Post edited by OneHottShot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So... really the question is.. people who buy the wedding packs now can take part in the wedding activities without purchasing a banquet reservation?

How I understand it then yes they can.

The 5 gold item is imo an anti-QQ thing .. People who want to use the chapel now dont have to divorce and re-marry with the $40-$60 that costs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How I understand it then yes they can.

The 5 gold item is imo an anti-QQ thing .. People who want to use the chapel now dont have to divorce and re-marry with the $40-$60 that costs

The reservation thing doesn't allow them to remarry, from what I understand. It just allows them to take part in the event that comes after the marriage. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. Trying to understand how it all works.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes you have to pay for the reservation, but better than paying for divorce and remarry.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes you have to pay for the reservation, but better than paying for divorce and remarry.

I see nothing in the description about it remarrying you. It just allows you to have the banquet from what I understand. Which is something everyone else apparently gets when they buy the same packs I had to buy to get married...

I don't understand why the felt the need to charge for this unless it offers something that the other people aren't getting who are getting married?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I see nothing in the description about it remarrying you. It just allows you to have the banquet from what I understand. Which is something everyone else apparently gets when they buy the same packs I had to buy to get married...

I don't understand why the felt the need to charge for this unless it offers something that the other people aren't getting who are getting married?

Yep, people that waited until today get married get it for free. You've been married for a year now, so you've enjoyed MQ for longer.

Your argument is....

"Hey I bought this laptop a year ago. Now they are still selling the same laptop with a better video card for the same price! This is unfair!"
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yep, people that waited until today get married get it for free. You've been married for a year now, so you've enjoyed MQ for longer.

Your argument is....

"Hey I bought this laptop a year ago. Now they are still selling the same laptop with a better video card for the same price! This is unfair!"

Not really... I've been playing the game a long time. Its not so much about weather it is fair or not, I'm trying to establish what actually has gone on.

Basically.. if u was married before you have to pay for something now people get to do included in their wedding packs? That was the question..

It doesn't remarry you, it just allows you to partake in the banquet?

If someone could tell me what all the rewards are? I'm wondering if its worth the 5 gold to do it.. thats the bigger question.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

What it allows is :
    You dont have to get divorced then spend $60 to re-marry to be able to use the chapel .. Current married couples can still use the chapel but for alot smaller fee $5 (not sure if thats each char though )

If they had made people who wanted to use the chapel HAVE to get divorced and remarried then a lot of QQ would have followed .. It's just really a cheap get out clause for PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What it allows is :
    You dont have to get divorced then spend $60 to re-marry to be able to use the chapel .. Current married couples can still use the chapel but for alot smaller fee $5 (not sure if thats each char though )

If they had made people who wanted to use the chapel HAVE to get divorced and remarried then a lot of QQ would have followed .. It's just really a cheap get out clause for PWI

Ok.. good point. Do you know the rewards if any for the banquet?

The item says the husband and wife must both have one. So basically 10 gold.

So the reward would have to be worth 10 gold unless you just want to participate for the fun of it...

Anyone used one and know what the rewards are?
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok.. good point. Do you know the rewards if any for the banquet?

The item says the husband and wife must both have one. So basically 10 gold.

So the reward would have to be worth 10 gold unless you just want to participate for the fun of it...

Anyone used one and know what the rewards are?

No clue myself atm on the rewards, but attending one tonight so will hopefully get a better judge on its worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No clue myself atm on the rewards, but attending one tonight so will hopefully get a better judge on its worth.

ok, could you please post here and let me know?

The only reason I'd do it is if the reward outweighed the amount of Gold I'd spend to do it.

Or if the reward was something nice.
  • Killmin - Harshlands
    Killmin - Harshlands Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OK first off unless your rich stay out of that place if your allready married.

I went to a friends wedding and found out that you only get 5 invatitions and after that you must spend 100k EACH to invite your friends to your chapple ceramony. Also a cakwe costs something like 18mil.

EVERYTHING in there cost a ton of coin so you better brings about 50mil or more with you when you go if you decide to do it.
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and there isnt really any rewords... its another thing PWI needs to fix, because basicly nothing works.
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?