Armoured bear help

Options
scooterwolf1
scooterwolf1 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
need a little with my armour bear he has 4 skills bash treaten pounce and tough

ive been have a promble with him taking argo from a BM in TT when ive set his skills too tough and ive even waited intill the BM has been tanking for awhile before sending the bear in and after a bit he steals argo from the tank again

any ideas or help will be great thanks
Post edited by scooterwolf1 on

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My only guess is the problem lies with the BM and not your pet. While turning pet skills off is the more common solution, even with Tough on auto i fail to see how a self buff would even influence aggro. Armoured Bear is a low dps pet, and while it is well known pets don't receive damage reduction against (?) bosses any competent tank should be able to handle a veno pet with skills turned off. My only solution would be an underleveled pet, although it probably would be easier not to summon one at all.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The damage reduction against [?] bosses means players do 1/4th their normal damage while pets do full damage. So it's possible for even a low-damage pet like the bear to take aggro unless the player has really high DPS.

The solution is pretty simple. Every time your pet takes aggro, stow it (or if you're too slow, have it die). When your pet dies/is stowed, its aggro gets wiped. When you summon your pet and send it in to attack again, it is starting from zero aggro, while the BM will have all the aggro he's accumulated since the start of the fight (just make sure you don't use Roar). You'll have to stow pretty frequently at the beginning of the fight, but you will need to stow less often as the fight progresses. By a bit past the half hp mark, you should be ok leaving your pet out the rest of the fight. If in doubt, you can always stow before you pet takes aggro and resummon to send it in again with zero aggro.

I would caution you against using this strategy in FC exp runs. I'm pretty sure the damage your pet does before it was stowed won't be credited to your squad, and the fractional exp for it lost.
  • BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pets almost always steal aggro from tanks in TTs. Once even my lvl1 sandblow on magimete stole it from a barb so that is why they always ask to turn off aggro skills. With lvl90+ barbs I have no probs so far and on top of all bms can't hold aggro very good so it's normal for your bear to steal it. Just turn off aggro skills and it should all be ok.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have never had a pet steal aggro in TT runs with skills turned off and 90%+ of those i've made with PUGs... In my experience skills are an important part of raising/mantaining threat level, not mere dps alone.

Edit; I should point out my pets are always leveled.
  • scooterwolf1
    scooterwolf1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thank you for all your help guys and input b:victory
    a few others in guild iam in have said same sorta things

will try your ideas out on our next TT runs

cheers and ty again
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol and the 1 skill 99% of bm's dont even know exists, but most of them want to tank *things* without it..

its called stream strike. that skill along with their dps, they shouldnt lose agro as easily, but most bm's give me the deer in the headlights look when i mention using that skill. its ur only agro skill, if ur gona tank things, lvl it, spam it, love it. then ppl wont get agro from ya so easy lol.

but yea, in HH pretty much any pet is destined to steal agro from anyone, especially a bm not using stream strike, even if said pet has absolutely no skill set to auto
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172