Full Attack Cleric..

dream9rr
dream9rr Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
Are they fun to play?

Basically i'm new to the game and right now i have an archer, but i'm kind of doubting to make a Cleric. My goal would be to go full attack in the earlier levels to solo etc and switch to full support later on..

Now i have absolutly no idea if that is a good plan or how much it costs to reset your stats and if it's worth it? It just seems like fun to me to play with an attacking cleric..

I've also read that clerics are an expensive class, i was wondering what causes this and if this means i will need to grind more to keep my cleric in 'decent shape'.

Thanks alot.
Post edited by dream9rr on

Comments

• MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fun? yes.
    Effective? Not really.

And yes to be a full attack cleric, you will need decent armours otherwise you won't survive well at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dream9rr wrote: »
    Now i have absolutly no idea if that is a good plan or how much it costs to reset your stats and if it's worth it?

Cost to reset from FAC to support: 0 coins

FAC isn't a build, it's just a way to prioritize your skills. My clerics both leveled their heals and buffs first and attack skills were leveled with the leftover SP.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you cant reset skills
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cost to reset from FAC to support: 0 coins

FAC isn't a build, it's just a way to prioritize your skills. My clerics both leveled their heals and buffs first and attack skills were leveled with the leftover SP.

It is partly build too. For most part it is NOTHING but mag, and str for gear. The skill planning of course comes to play, and basically purchase NO support stuff (such as heals, buffs, rez etc) but in the end it becomes pointless, because you end up with enough spirit points to max everything skill wise.

It was a awesome thing back in the day prior to BHs/CS, etc, and the only spirit you got were from questing/grinding, so you had to be cautious how you spent them. Now you pretty much can spurge.
  • vristion
    edited August 2010
    Oh to add, they were quite boring, one hitters in common level range quest against physical damage mobs, and very expensive at every gear lvl range, because not only will you need to pump tons of refine for HPs, but need to beef their Pdef up as high as possible.
    edited August 2010
    FAC / FSC isnt about build

no idea why some ppl keep saying that

even guy who popularized FACs and wrote guide didnt said that. Actually, he was considering other builds like hybrid or LA and even HA, but he assumed that pure mag is best for FAC

cleric skill guides that are older than those forums dont say anything about build either

it s kinda against logic .. dont you think so?

if FAC = pure mag then, how you gonna call LA cler who is focused only on solo-PvP?

high-crit support (not!) cler >=O

EOT
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• vristion
    edited August 2010
    Oh splitting hairs?

" FAC = pure mag then, how you gonna call LA cler who is focused only on solo-PvP? "

Still have to base it on BUILD.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    Oh splitting hairs?

" FAC = pure mag then, how you gonna call LA cler who is focused only on solo-PvP? "

Still have to base it on BUILD.

LA
    pure mag
    vit
    hybrid

All those builds can be used by either an FAC or FSC. Yeah, it's based on build but if you're a LA FAC then there's no need for you to restat just because you want to become a support cleric unless you want to. It's not as if the builds are different for the 2.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • vristion
    edited August 2010
    LA
    pure mag
    vit
    hybrid

All those builds can be used by either an FAC or FSC. Yeah, it's based on build but if you're a LA FAC then there's no need for you to restat just because you want to become a support cleric unless you want to. It's not as if the builds are different for the 2.

I know, made that point in gaining of skills... But for the bang for you buck, it IS based on build.

Me as a 150vit cleric wont do as much as a zero vit full mag cleric, both in the heal/damage department. Or take as much as LA. So if I wanted to be a FULL anything, I would want to BUILD my stats in accordance.

Either way, in the end it comes down to that. With the ability to pretty much get all skills maxed in the end, the only time you will see/feel a diference is in low levels. And in higher levels gear is what makes the balance.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What it really comes down to IMO is that FULL anything as far as attack/support is a waste of a cleric. Learn to do both at the same time, it's way more fun :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dream9rr wrote: »
    Are they fun to play?

Basically i'm new to the game and right now i have an archer, but i'm kind of doubting to make a Cleric. My goal would be to go full attack in the earlier levels to solo etc and switch to full support later on..

Now i have absolutly no idea if that is a good plan or how much it costs to reset your stats and if it's worth it? It just seems like fun to me to play with an attacking cleric..

I've also read that clerics are an expensive class, i was wondering what causes this and if this means i will need to grind more to keep my cleric in 'decent shape'.

Thanks alot.

It's effective and fun, really.
    At lower levels, you'll be killing things before they reach you, but higher up, you may wanna start putting citrines or garnets into your gear.

Clerics are expensive, yes. Leveling up your skills costs quite a bit. (For example, I've yet to max out Tempest. I rarely use it, however) Also, MP food/pots cost a nice chunk of coins.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if u cant support the so called full MAG (formerly known FAC) style financially its a crappy setup... It basically slides u to one side of a would-be balanced build, and u have to gear up good to make it worthwhile so your not a one shot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to see your damage output as a vit based arcane cleric or an LA based cleric... or the lack of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No need to be full support or full attack
    You just need enough spirit and enough money to learn skill and prepare gear b:thanks he he
    once again money prevail i wish i am rich or can turn on pc 24 hour lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • shadowwintry
    shadowwintry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hello, i really have fun to play a full attack cleric and found a great guide (thank you Cayeon) i want to share. It helps me a lot and maybe others who want to play the F.A.C. A lot of players dont know about the F.A.C they see a cleric and thinking the healer !! and not knowing? of the other possibilitys of a cleric.

http://pw.mmosite.com/guide/2008-12-04/attack_cleric.shtml

So give it a try and maybe you enjoy it just at much as i do

Anyam b:bye b:flower
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Am I the only one that thinks it's stupid to define a cleric as Full Attack or Full Support? o.0

The way I see it, Full Attack Cleric is a mindset. "I'm not gonna heal you even though I can and instead, I'm going to keep attacking and spamming my skills and only heal myself!!"

Full Support," I'm just going to buff, heal, and revive if needed!" >.>

Both can use the same builds but it takes an EVEN better cleric to make the best of both worlds. A Full Attack Cleric with the same stats points and gear will heal JUST AS WELL as a Full Support Cleric and a Full Support Cleric will hit JUST AS HARD as a Full Attack Cleric.

In the end, you can max out both sides in terms of skills so it's useless to just try and be one or the other.

So why pick one or the other mindset?
    Instead, be pro at BOTH roles! b:cool
    edited October 2010
    sure, just tell me where i can buy spirit..

• Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How about instead of FAC: "Full Attack Cleric"

Why not call it the : "Full all-around Cleric".

Every cleric IMO, should be willing to step in, and heal the person taking dmg.

Every cleric has the ability to be a FAC, with the right gear.

but, to be a actual "Cleric" you should use every skill in your arsenal. Heal's debuffs, etc.

Pay attention to other things than just the mob's HP, lol...

But yeah, w/e.

/end rant.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • vristion
    edited October 2010
    The name came around in the days when getting spirit points wasn't as available, not to mention coinage. And it was considered a priority path when it came to spending spirit points for skills. So a full attack was just simply someone that would have lvl 10 tempest, and prob lvl 1 IH.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sometimes I am FAC...when herc is tanking a boss for example. So yeah, it might be fun if you like watching numbers and showing off your critical hits. But cleric with low level heals/revive? No ty.