What happened to common courtesy?

Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Four times today I've been on an alt and saw someone in WC forming a squad for something I need on my main. Four times today I've PMd someone on my alt asking them to hold a spot, telling them my name and class of my main and that I would PM them, and they all agreed. Four times today I've been completely ignored. I PM. No reply. At all. Two of them continued to WC. The other two just disappeared. Seriously, what the hell? If you can't hold a spot for someone, don't tell them you can. It's not as if I kept them waiting; it took me literally 10 seconds to switch and PM them... asking them in advance was just to avoid switching for no reason (which, as it turns out, didn't help me to avoid that at all.) If you can't have the decency to do what you tell someone you will do, at least have the decency to tell them you're full or apologize for not keeping a space open, SOMETHING. Not just complete silence. It's incredibly rude. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
retired, etc
Post edited by Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Four times today I've been on an alt and saw someone in WC forming a squad for something I need on my main. Four times today I've PMd someone on my alt asking them to hold a spot, telling them my name and class of my main and that I would PM them, and they all agreed. Four times today I've been completely ignored. I PM. No reply. At all. Two of them continued to WC. The other two just disappeared. Seriously, what the hell? If you can't hold a spot for someone, don't tell them you can. It's not as if I kept them waiting; it took me literally 10 seconds to switch and PM them... asking them in advance was just to avoid switching for no reason (which, as it turns out, didn't help me to avoid that at all.) If you can't have the decency to do what you tell someone you will do, at least have the decency to tell them you're full or apologize for not keeping a space open, SOMETHING. Not just complete silence. It's incredibly rude. :(

If it was me, I'd have held a spot for you, if that's any consolation.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If it was me, I'd have held a spot for you, if that's any consolation.

Well ty :P
    I always try to hold spots for people if they ask, unless it's keeping everyone else waiting and they aren't okay with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I hate that. People used to do that to me all the time on my archer when I was looking for rebirth groups.

Also... Inb4somenoobtellsthethreadstartertostopQQing
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't worry be happy b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    not completely related to what happened to you but

i really.. really hate it when someone shouts like, to sell something, and when you pm them, they dont answer you at all... and they still shout etc... and all you say is "do you have a price or current offer?" and they cant even pm back to say anything ... its like ... do you wnana sell it or not??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Must been of these:
    1. Goldfish memory
    2. Oh ****, i just invited too many people, but I'm too scared to tell that other person we are full
    > ignore = best method
    3. I no comprendre, but saying yes is the best answer to everything
    4. FU, I'm a badass (actually socially inept in real life), I can't wait 10 secs

What is more rude is that people kick you out for a better DD or st and doesn't even tell you...b:angry
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You're in a game with a bunch of kids still in school
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2. Oh ****, i just invited too many people, but I'm too scared to tell that other person we are full
    > ignore = best method
    3. I no comprendre, but saying yes is the best answer to everything

LOL I think it's these two, with 2 being the supposedly more 'logical' reason but 3 more likely to happen.
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010

This. Sadly...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I hate to say it but sadly this game, along with others that shall remain nameless... but they are definitely mmo's like this one, have been deteriorating like this in the past few months or so.

It is almost as if people word's mean nothing anymore on a game, I left real life because of that ****... and to get it on here, is really sad, it is liked being shunned because of some bull **** reason, and the one effected is left unhappy and with a sour taste in his or her mouth, while the one who did it is fairly content in staying in that party 9 times out of 10 getting there stuff done.

Though that certainly isn't my only pet peeve as of late for mmo's it almost seems as if the whole community as a whole is going into the ****ter and people are holding grudge matches for the stupidest of reason's. xD

Alas I have not lost hope though, I know there are still good people out there willing to lend a hand, and do what they promised to do/don't hold ill will towards the wrong group of people... though I am sure in some people's mind he/she may be in the wrong. xD

Guess we just need to take a look back at that old saying...

Every game, has it's bad apples, and it's good apples.

Here's to hoping more people start coming back out and show that they are trying to do what's right, sadly I think a lot of them perhaps left.

I know it's easy to only see the bad in people especially when that is all our brains seem to want to focus on, so ignore that a little, and try to send a appreciation/shout out to those who still do the right thing.

THANK YOU! (To those who still stand up for what they believe in/have the courage to right what they believe to be a wrong.)

*goes out to play*

Wait... I am 22... xD... Erm... I think I need to go bar hopping. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

actually i think mostly adults play this game so far in my almost 2years of playing pwi i havent met another person under the age of 20 but im just guessing so yea lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Haloangel - Dreamweaver
    Haloangel - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Aww<3 Don't worry out of those 4 people, im sure there are at least 10x more people that would reply :)<3 I get the no response when it comes to selling/buying items...seriously annoying lol -.-
    EQuinox <3 Demon Archer <3 5.0 ftw? ;)
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I find it annoying as hell when I wc "WTS b:cute . Pm offers." & then get replies of "WhAt prise??"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I find it annoying as hell when I wc "WTS b:cute . Pm offers." & then get replies of "WhAt prise??"

Amen b:sad

Hence why I never got to sell my Chuck Norris cookies
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know how you feel because I've had worse experiences with people who really don't care how they treat other players as long as it doesn't hinder their in-game goals. Some players even get a kick out of other players who are emotionally hurt. In their minds PWI is simply a game and should not be taken seriously, but that shouldn't be an excuse for rude or foul behavior because the players they're interacting with are no different than the people in the real world.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even more annoying.
    You: "WTS [insert very rare and expensive item here] pm offers"

Reply: "2k"

-.-
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Title of thread: It died along with the game.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I HATE that. Luckily it doesn't happen much, but it's even worse when your main is a tideborn psychic and people say they're full just to keep you out of a squad. There used to be this cleric that hung around HH, but if a tideborn joined a squad he was in or happened to be in one, he'd leave squad.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I HATE that. Luckily it doesn't happen much, but it's even worse when your main is a tideborn psychic and people say they're full just to keep you out of a squad. There used to be this cleric that hung around HH, but if a tideborn joined a squad he was in or happened to be in one, he'd leave squad.
    There used to be a BM that would yell "Forming BH__ squad(no TB allowed)" in the center of arch.

I'd always pretend to be the class he needed just to **** him off
  • Kilta - Raging Tide
    Kilta - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so far in my 2 days of playing, ppl been nice to me.

Better then when I first tried the game. I had made a lara croft looking character and othe rplayer gave me sh*t about my cup size :/

But yes players either, take this game tooo seriously and ruin the fun of playing, or don't take the game seriously at all and enjoy bulling others, getting a reaction then saying "OMG you are soo nerdy.. you get upset over a video game person, you will never meet offline" :/

I say take stuff serious to a point, so that the game is fun for anyone. And that the community is good, you are dealing with real people. Though you will not meet them offline, you meet them online.

Human interaction, is just human interaction. :)