RIP Nienbeast event

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
The nasty fonts finally made them turn back.

Anyways post some stats:
Got a character from 85-99 with event.
2300 socket stones
1900 chips
2000+ mirages
10+ excitement cards total
3 inventory rows of tiger vendor shops
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    78-97 through the event.

At least 50mil worth of excitements and ecstacys.
    Constant back to back tiger shops and summer fashion.
    Over 2000 mirages.
    About 2000 chips.
    About 1500 sockets.
    Enough flawless shards to make three perfect shards of each of the three shard types.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    wait, so Nien was completely taken out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    wait, so Nien was completely taken out?

It was just a summer event.

Some celestial tiger **** is replacing it now. Hopefully it's rewards are just as good.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It was just a summer event.

Some celestial tiger **** is replacing it now. Hopefully it's rewards are just as good.

Once a week on a weekday at inconvenient times for most of the servers players.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, R.I.P. Nien Event

It paid for my TT99 gears and LG cape, as well as giving me a foundation to merchanting.

ty so much Niens. You will be missed. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    never did it much..its mainly for the OPers
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's hardly only for the OPers. I managed a respectable showing, despite being a low-9x non-CS archer, on a PvP server, without being in a high-level faction.

I wasted a LOT of time before figuring out how to consistently place high too. The true lightbulb only hit in the last two weeks, and yet I still managed a grand total of at least 6 first place finishes, 20 top 5s, and more top 10s than I care to count. I spent nearly the entire first month trying (and somewhat succeeding) at keeping up with the endgame, CSed archers, before figuring out how to properly game the system.

If memory serves me correctly, I got:
    30m+ worth of Ecstasy and Excitement cards
    6 Tiger Shops
    1400+ Socket Stones
    1200+ Mirage Celestones
    1100+ Mysterious Chips
    8 Immaculate Shards (3 Citrine, 3 Garnet, 2 Sapphire)
    110+ Flawless Shards (30+ Citrine, 30+ Garnet, 50+ Sapphire)
    15m+ EXP in EXP orbs
    10m+ EXP from opening prize packs
    3 sets of timed fashion

Basically, the event and merchanting the proceeds along the way paid for my Lunar Cape, not to mention doing most of the work in boosting me to 95 for my Heaven Shatterer. I haven't even bothered selling off anything but a handful of shards yet.

It remains to be seen whether the same methods of gaming the system can be applied to the Celestial Tiger event. I suspect at least some of them can be, though at reduced effectiveness due to the event only being once weekly rather than twice daily.

@Longknife I hate you and your fishy-ness, and therefore lack of competition. I should have rolled a Psychic b:surrender
  • I_AintTheOne - Raging Tide
    I_AintTheOne - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Got 6 characters from 13 -37 with event.
    18,000 socket stones
    27,000 chips
    60,000+ mirages
    999+ excitement cards total
    8,999+ ecstasy cards
    7 characters safes and bags chock full of 1337 tiger vendor shops
    and 1338 permanent event fashions
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    nooooooooooooo the event is over!!! b:cry
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • I_AM_ThatGuy - Raging Tide
    I_AM_ThatGuy - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2 billion Immaculate Shards
    11 billion Flawless Shards
    180 billion+ EXP in EXP orbs
    1999 billion + EXP from opening prize packs
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are there any clerics out there under level 80 that got anything out of this. Just wondering if I stuffed up by stopping doing it. I did it 4 times and got zip and figured it wasnt possible for clerics at low levels.

What is the lowest level cleric that got something....
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are there any clerics out there under level 80 that got anything out of this. Just wondering if I stuffed up by stopping doing it. I did it 4 times and got zip and figured it wasnt possible for clerics at low levels.

What is the lowest level cleric that got something....

My level 53 cleric alt won first place a few times b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    - Was a very well tought event, and I enjoyed it Even Tho and AS EVER .. the greed of many ruins .. just ruins the whole universe.. greed greed human nature.. as ever .. as always ..
  • LezardVaeth - Harshlands15
    LezardVaeth - Harshlands15 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's hardly only for the OPers. I managed a respectable showing, despite being a low-9x non-CS archer, on a PvP server, without being in a high-level faction.

I wasted a LOT of time before figuring out how to consistently place high too. The true lightbulb only hit in the last two weeks, and yet I still managed a grand total of at least 6 first place finishes, 20 top 5s, and more top 10s than I care to count. I spent nearly the entire first month trying (and somewhat succeeding) at keeping up with the endgame, CSed archers, before figuring out how to properly game the system.

If memory serves me correctly, I got:
    30m+ worth of Ecstasy and Excitement cards
    6 Tiger Shops
    1400+ Socket Stones
    1200+ Mirage Celestones
    1100+ Mysterious Chips
    8 Immaculate Shards (3 Citrine, 3 Garnet, 2 Sapphire)
    110+ Flawless Shards (30+ Citrine, 30+ Garnet, 50+ Sapphire)
    15m+ EXP in EXP orbs
    10m+ EXP from opening prize packs
    3 sets of timed fashion

Basically, the event and merchanting the proceeds along the way paid for my Lunar Cape, not to mention doing most of the work in boosting me to 95 for my Heaven Shatterer. I haven't even bothered selling off anything but a handful of shards yet.

There was no secret really. DPS and stacking quests. I don't know how u ever hit the first 5 places when Nospheratu (Nirvana+12), bloo_eyes (Nirvana+12), Curses (R8 +8), ShootnBlanks (Lunar+10/Deicides), me (+8), Ilenka (+6), dalesr (Nirvana +10), dustgreat (Lunar +10), EmeraldFury (Lunar+6), Tutmozis (Nirvana Crossbow +7), what_ever (Lunar +10) and / (BroadLand +8) always had the top spots? at least Ive never seen you, or mayhaps u are one of the above?

11j9mpk.jpg
  • LezardVaeth - Harshlands15
    LezardVaeth - Harshlands15 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    /10chars aaaaa
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    There was no secret really. DPS and stacking quests. I don't know how u ever hit the first 5 places when Nospheratu (Nirvana+12), bloo_eyes (Nirvana+12), Curses (R8 +8), ShootnBlanks (Lunar+10/Deicides), me (+8), Ilenka (+6), dalesr (Nirvana +10), dustgreat (Lunar +10), EmeraldFury (Lunar+6), Tutmozis (Nirvana Crossbow +7), what_ever (Lunar +10) and / (BroadLand +8) always had the top spots? at least Ive never seen you, or mayhaps u are one of the above?
    If you think DPS and stacking quests is the secret, I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. You need to think outside the box. Also, I only finished first on my archer 2, maybe 3 times (can't recall anymore), on the first and second days of the event. Naturally, once everyone realized it was worth doing I stopped placing that high, gradually dropping to top 5, then to top 10 with only an occasional top 5 when either there was a lot of PK or when all the Kylin/Zulu were at TW. This was all using a +6 Wind and the Clouds, by the way. That's right, I beat people using highly refined FC and Lunar bows using a level 69 mold slingshot.

Anyway, when I started managing only top 10-15 on my Archer despite all my efforts, I started thinking about alternate ways to profit from the event. Found the first way of gaming the system by accident, which got me 2 or 3 first place finishes on my wizard (Cailleach), and a few top 5s when I screwed up. Then I realized I was an idiot for wasting my time, and went on to the second way, which got me the remaining few 1st place finishes and another several top 5s over the course of the last week and a half or so.

My wizard? Level 80 with a +3 TT80 Wheel of Life. Had I focused on working the system instead of within it from the beginning, I have no doubt I would have cleared 200m from the event.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Got between ranks 6-15 most of the time. Thanks a bunch Nien Event, if only I knew it existed and how to do it earlier....would have gotten almost triple what I have now :[ But o wells

Fun while it lasted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you think DPS and stacking quests is the secret, I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. You need to think outside the box. Also, I only finished first on my archer 2, maybe 3 times (can't recall anymore), on the first and second days of the event. Naturally, once everyone realized it was worth doing I stopped placing that high, gradually dropping to top 5, then to top 10 with only an occasional top 5 when either there was a lot of PK or when all the Kylin/Zulu were at TW. This was all using a +6 Wind and the Clouds, by the way. That's right, I beat people using highly refined FC and Lunar bows using a level 69 mold slingshot.

Anyway, when I started managing only top 10-15 on my Archer despite all my efforts, I started thinking about alternate ways to profit from the event. Found the first way of gaming the system by accident, which got me 2 or 3 first place finishes on my wizard (Cailleach), and a few top 5s when I screwed up. Then I realized I was an idiot for wasting my time, and went on to the second way, which got me the remaining few 1st place finishes and another several top 5s over the course of the last week and a half or so.

My wizard? Level 80 with a +3 TT80 Wheel of Life. Had I focused on working the system instead of within it from the beginning, I have no doubt I would have cleared 200m from the event.

Stacking quests on alts and transferring all points to one character through an account stash may be "working the system", but to me it sounds like cheating.

I only did the event a few times. Managed to get 11th place once, but most of the time I ended up below 20. How people got more than 4k points without cheating or having uber DPS is beyond me.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Stacking quests on alts and transferring all points to one character through an account stash may be "working the system", but to me it sounds like cheating.

I only did the event a few times. Managed to get 11th place once, but most of the time I ended up below 20. How people got more than 4k points without cheating or having uber DPS is beyond me.
    You aren't supposed to just out and say it b:surrender. Good thing nobody reads the forums. Incidentally, I shared my methods with anyone who took the time to ask, and bits and pieces have been floating around in the forums for weeks.

Anyway, yes, it is taking advantage of a flaw in the system. So is -interval stacking with fast weapons, as well as squading with an -interval stacker. The difference is, this doesn't take massive amounts of spending in order to achieve, and thus is available to more than a handful of elites with money to burn. When there's no way to compete by conventional means, one must resort to unconventional ones if one wishes to stay competitive.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010

This is why PW continues to squash stuff we like. People can't keep from finding ways to exploit things. Yes, I think its cheating too.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    along with WQ, bounty (tho i didnt do bounties from 80-85 lol), crazy stone, and nien event i went from 53->86 without doing FC also.

err as for items, not sure, i used some of the socket stones i had, probably had well over 1k socket stones total as i have 600+ currently...

1000+ mirages

too many mysterious chips lol

lotta shards and orbs of course too.

didnt get in 5th or higher ranks ... best i got maybe was .. like 6 or 7 ... but anyways, i think i did pretty good for only talking to npcs and some last minute boss killing lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I never tried it, because it started at 1am and 6am my time. Sucks for me. x) Grats to whoever got nice stuff.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:sad I didn't benefit from Niens at all... Thought it was a thing for higher levels...
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I never used the Account Stash trick and I landed in positions from 6 to 20 fairly often. My lvl went form below 65 to 79 and it would have been higher but I stopped doing the event every day. I got a lot of basic stuff ... Mirrage Stones, Flawless Shards and Chips and I was able to save a couple Desolation Orbs which I will use later.

All in all this was a fairly good event, but it is too bad people were able to "cheat" with the Account Stash trick. I suspect there might have been other ways to get high contribution values, as some scores I saw were over 15,000 contribution points.

The best part, however, was that even if I came in dead last, so long as I had 1000 points ... fairly easy to do even if all you do is visit NPCs ... I would get 100,000 EXP, 20,000 Spirit and a Training Esoterica. And all that for about 15 minutes of game time and available even if you are only lvl 50.

Thanks! I hope it comes back again next summer.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nien Beast, the first Really funny event of PW.

1) 20 people each race reward = 160 people with reward.
    Into event play 180-300 people each day in my server (1/2 people have reward)
    + not know number of people that make +1000 point (obtain 1 reward box)

2) reward with exp system and coin system. 1-5 have % to have coin reward
    A REALLY LOW thing ingame that make every people crazy to support the haight cost of game (buy skill, buy mats, buy item from cat shop, buy gold in auction hall)

3) 2 event each day, into 2 hours for European and USA people, 22.00 (16.00) for european and
    Each country can make it
    Now only 1 event at week and only at hours accessible for USA people (3 am for european people)
    Int = international, not int = intelligent devs.

The only problem: lag at archosaur for 10-20 minutes first, during and after event just to reward

This patch make death for PW, but people that leave from game sure go to play at other game (vindictus, tera online, Continent of ninth, Guild Ward 2, lineage 3, Final Fantasi XVI).....

Sure dont play Forsaken World with this crazy admin of game by PW Beji

b:angry b:angry b:angry

-20% item DQ, - reward from TW, Nien Beast event cancelled

you stupid world

EDIT: and without more people that leave PW for funny game,
    PW go to Crazy World without people for the problem to make party.
    Now into my server more time is difficult to found barb or cleric! if other people leave from game this increase difficult and for hight level is fundamental make party!
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You aren't supposed to just out and say it b:surrender. Good thing nobody reads the forums. Incidentally, I shared my methods with anyone who took the time to ask, and bits and pieces have been floating around in the forums for weeks.

Anyway, yes, it is taking advantage of a flaw in the system. So is -interval stacking with fast weapons, as well as squading with an -interval stacker. The difference is, this doesn't take massive amounts of spending in order to achieve, and thus is available to more than a handful of elites with money to burn. When there's no way to compete by conventional means, one must resort to unconventional ones if one wishes to stay competitive.

Oh. During the 1st events, I do believe u could get in those places, because for one Ive never seen u in the top 10. Maybe u had more of a chance when big factions were engaged in City of Abominations (Wednesdays), Tournament (Thursdays), TW (Friday and Saturday) but that doesn't mean you beat highly refined Lunar bows with a wind and the clouds.

Lunar +8 gives me 12400 p.attack with my 470 dex. Lunar cape, TT90 gold wrists, TT99 2 set interval bonus and RAnk IV top equal 0.87 attack rate. When I equip a friends W&C +6 it goes down to 7000 and go up to 0.91 attack rate. Unbuffed that is btw. In event we all go buffed.

Lunar +8 at 0.87 > Wind and the clouds +6 at 0.91 mainly because Lunar goes up to 1900 p.attack whereas W&C stops at 1100ish.

Broad Land is another story though, after procing, it CAN beat lunar in many ways, also PvP is another factor yeah, well Im in Zulu and we use to dragon the Nien Beast while every triple spark aoe the **** outta every1 around. b:victory Demon STA+Thunderous Blast+2spark pot barrage = Bye Bye melees
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I stopped doing it on my Archer after the first 5-6 weeks I believe. My contribution had pretty much plateaued, whereas all the better-geared archers were finding ways to improve their scores.

And yes, Wind and the Clouds is great, but it can't compare to a Heaven Shatterer in damage. Heaven Shatterer's minimum damage is nearly as high as W&C's maximum, and the maximum is significantly higher. Demon Quickshot and -0.15 of interval helped, but in the end it still wasn't enough. That's when I gave up and started considering how to exploit the system instead.

The biggest difference was, with proper choice of locations and targets, I was able to spend more of my time DDing instead of traveling. That meant more mobs killed, and more time and damage on the Captain and Nien Beast. Combined with quest stacking, that let me keep up with most of the FCs and some of the Lunars. I know I finished ahead of Curses a couple of times during the 4th or 5th week of the event, back when she was using Lunar+10 rather than R8.

Also, I know full well how you guys AOE, lol. Tried fisting the Nien Beasts a few times, but getting killed and spending 1-2 minutes making my way back to the Nien pretty much negated any benefit, so I just went back to shooting.
  • Gaele - Dreamweaver
    Gaele - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wasn't able to amount to much by killing the mobs, so once I learned about the time quests & visiting, that's all I did. I usually placed anywhere from 23rd-28th in my class, and ended up with a Common Gift pack, which was usually just an Eso Scroll. I could never figure how some people got such astronomical scores. Was it from squadding, or being able to take out many mobs at once...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    would like the next nice event thingy near a server reset time pls b:surrender never made it in time b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Char 1-70+ from event b:chuckle (yes , it never left banker)