Jungle Ruins/Temple of Dragon/CoA at 5 AM?!!

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Europeans have their own version so sorry, bye.

However, the times are ridiculous... its like 11pm for me, and I can't be on a game that late because I do have a life and have to wake up for work and school.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    Heriod - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Did you know that, as a european player playing on west coast server, you are kicking YOURSELF out of all possible events?

The west coast servers opperate under a different time zone than the east coast servers (3hours difference I believe). SOoooo, for all you european players who rage at the 5am time for events, here's a little hint.
    Rerol to a server closer to home. East coast server already means 2am for most events.

Stop wining. You picked the freaking west coast server yourself, so you screwed youself out of all possible events.

PS, there is infact a european version of PWI. I know it sucks, I know it's rubbish, but there are still european servers of the game. Stop pretending they don't exist.

(coming from a dutch player who has no problem with TW)

Dude did u even read the beginning of the thread??? IT'S NOT ABOUT TW b:angry It's about the events that you maybe don't even know about (if you really are Dutch) because they take place at 5 am. Stop telling others to move to crappy fake european PW version, if it's so worth it, then why aren't u there? why still playing PWI? Your arguments eliminate each other...
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Europeans have their own version so sorry, bye.

However, the times are ridiculous... its like 11pm for me, and I can't be on a game that late because I do have a life and have to wake up for work and school.....

European version is at <PWI 2 years ago> stage of development, so don't wonder why euro people stay with PWI. They created their characters here and stick to PWI for a reason... And if PW wanted Europeans to play the european version then why would they advertise PWI on strictly european websites?? If all the european people would leave PWI now, PW would get broke in less than a month. Ask in your factions... 50%+ from outside of North America.

And yeah, this change would affect even you positively. So i hope u voted yes.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Um.... wat?

This thread is ridiculous, the servers, they are based in america.

The game is designed for north american audiences.

So of course the times for events are based on.............. you got it, north american time zones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dude did u even read the beginning of the thread??? IT'S NOT ABOUT TW b:angry It's about the events that you maybe don't even know about (if you really are Dutch) because they take place at 5 am. Stop telling others to move to crappy fake european PW version, if it's so worth it, then why aren't u there? why still playing PWI? Your arguments eliminate each other...

Ja, ik ben nederlands.
    And as I said, it's only 5am on the WEST coast servers. 8pm server time means 2am for me. That's perfectly doable for me.
    Did I say I only TW? Don't think so. I have an overgeared alt making loads of money on tournement, and I'm thinking of trying celestial tiger event some time (though TW is abit like an event for me. So I like to include that in the events. Also because they are at the same time as the 'events')

I also don't think I said anyone HAD to go to europe servers. I know it's ****, but you keep saying PWI should do something for european players, while there are infact still european servers already (yes they suck, but they still exist). Why I am playing PWI? Well mostly cause I didn't even know european servers existed when I started the game. And now cause I know they are ****, and I like PWI (well, save for the screwed up economy, but I don't have any money to spend in here. So what do I care about the economy?)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The open beta began on September 2, 2008. The International Version is specifically built to accommodate North America. The Multilanguage Service version 'had' aimed at the European players, closed and open beta started in 2008. Perfect World Korea began its beta test in August 2007
    I'll just leave this here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World#cite_note-0
    The teaser trailer for the long-awaited North American release of Perfect World International. Visit the official website at http://www.perfectworld.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAWKLDR9x60
    ^Thats PerfectWorld official channel.

Now we can stop arguing about what they meant by International...
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] Aelric: Yeah I voted yes for a time change, I live in Texas, which is Central Time and I get screwed over with either server.

bee-tee-dubs This post has intentionally been edited to portray the horrid UI changes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Like this?
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I voted no, because I am a severe skeptic of the numbers and the rationales given by the OP.

50% of people are from Europe or outside the US? Where did you get this from? Sounds like a number pulled out of one's rear ****, despite knowing there are a decent handful of foreigners.

Why Europeans? Why not have a COA every few hours on Wednesday to accommodate players who play from the US, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia/East Pacific Islands? Why not have BH reset for a specific group. No, this makes no sense. The OP's server is located in the West US timezone, -3 from EST, a lot more than -3 GMT (7, 8, 9?). PWI's main branch that isn't in China is in this same time zone. I usually end up working during COA now so I get screwed out of it, but I don't whine.. either be up for it or don't. There's no reason why everyone must be able to attend these events.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't see anything wrong with having a 12-hour span to accommodate the European players on events? They pay zen, spend time, dedicate themselves to the game just like the rest of us.

I'm an American too and honestly, its just an event. Its not like the Op is asking to change TW itself or whatnot. Why is this thread so filled with negativity? Be ashamed, goodness.
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    For me 2 diff times would be great. Yeh im european and im aiming now for my rank 6 weap... most of these badges come from weekly events so its hard for me to sit on pc and play pwi at 2am-4am just to make these events, and its in middle of week...

With 2 diff times noone will be f*ked ;) and everyone will be happy.

And for ppl who would be sittin on both events all the time... good luck with ur rl then.
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There's no reason why everyone must be able to attend these events.

Yes there is: Because after a certain time, let's say one and a half years, the game is becoming totally boring if all you do is level one alt after the other. No fun with short time extra events? No balanced pvp? No decent drops anywhere that isn't the cash shop? That's right there is nothing left to do. Guess it's time to look for another game in the end.

Btw. it's pretty sad that none of the Mods and GMs try to adress the problem of a two class society within the player base: Those who play server time and those who do not. We all know the devs never listen to your advices but at least you could show you're trying. I mean every silly international browser game is smart enough to make events at different times of the day so everyone can easier participate.
    Sirrobert wrote:
    Did you know that, as a european player playing on west coast server, you are kicking YOURSELF out of all possible events?

The west coast servers opperate under a different time zone than the east coast servers (3hours difference I believe). SOoooo, for all you european players who rage at the 5am time for events, here's a little hint.
    Rerol to a server closer to home. East coast server already means 2am for most events.

And did you know PWI does not explain the east and west coast thing when you sign up? It just sais east and west so I chose west because this is an international game and east is Russia for me - know what I mean? If one arguments like you they would have to put a big warning sign "only American timezones availiable - chose between east and west coast". But that would ofc chase away most none Americans pretty fast. And by the way those 3 hours at night are not really better because we are speaking of week-days where almost everybody with a job or under education has to sleep. And I can't imagine greedy PWI is aiming for unemployed people only cause they got no money to spend, you know...

@all those who argument with blabla there is also a European PWI version:
    There is also fake PW where you could easily become invincibly top geared, level really fast and don't have to spend your money on decent gear. And now reconsidder why you prefere the original game and maybe (if you are no empathical wrecked person) you get an idea why European players want to play PWI, too.

Anyway I go and play something else for a while - wake me when the mods have decided to do something for Europe and the greedy dev a..es (you know what I mean) realize they get a big chunk of their income from outside America as well.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Naomii__X - Harshlands
    Naomii__X - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im ok with the time but the thing is the day for me on monday i need to go school so i never can do that event, and i like to do the events becouse sometimes you get cool things

so if a gm can hear(read in this case) please change the day of the event to friday or saturdayb:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • Mystx - Heavens Tear
    Mystx - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im from uk and would like jungle ruin but like you say the timezones different, gives half of pwi and advantage over the rest
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yes please make it 2 times a day like the daily race b:thanks
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lol events at 5am? I'd rather sleep.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Of course I support this idea, euro players need events too, and if it's already done with other events, why not do it on this ones?.

I also Agree with this:

im ok with the time but the thing is the day for me on monday i need to go school so i never can do that event, and i like to do the events becouse sometimes you get cool things

so if a gm can hear(read in this case) please change the day of the event to friday or saturdayb:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes there is: Because after a certain time, let's say one and a half years, the game is becoming totally boring if all you do is level one alt after the other. No fun with short time extra events? No balanced pvp? No decent drops anywhere that isn't the cash shop? That's right there is nothing left to do. Guess it's time to look for another game in the end.

Btw. it's pretty sad that none of the Mods and GMs try to adress the problem of a two class society within the player base: Those who play server time and those who do not. We all know the devs never listen to your advices but at least you could show you're trying. I mean every silly international browser game is smart enough to make events at different times of the day so everyone can easier participate.
    So your solution to being bored = make COA for every time zone? I doubt that. COA is an event has a tremendous impact on the economy that partially rests upon skills, shards, and rings, and making COA two, three, however many times more than once per Wednesday PST is going to make PWI less money, and going to seriously devalue everything you can get from COA. Being that the servers for PWI are in North America, and their NA HQ is in California, they go by PST, and when an event cannot go 2, 3, 4, 5, 50 times per day, it obviously centers around NA times. Not going to address the rest of your QQ as it seems more like some overly broad whining about anything and everything, when it looks like you're just being a malcontent and pitting it on PWI.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hmm i do see ur concern but last i heard there are european servers as well....and yes i heard they suck but dont come to a US based server and whine about the timing of things. so i really dont support this due to u have the option of goin to play a european server over a US
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if no one from other countries ever played then making a cat shop over night when you sleeping really pointless if its us 100% us base
  • Naomii__X - Harshlands
    Naomii__X - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yea gonna play european version,NOT! that 1 is far after update from this game and i meet ppl all over the world .that is good for my langua and i like it here . and why did pwi make reclame in a european country then the dont need to do that too, if they do things like that they must also take account of Europeans...

and i think when i see the time at the american server i think childeren that play would be on bed too

so GM's bosses on pwi or other ppl change time or make it 2 times a dayb:thanks
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    we need rotating event times or 2 event times per day

even if some say its an american server and international doesn mean global (lol)
    a big part of the community is european, so with 2 event times on the server
    not only americans or europeans are able to find a time to take part at these, people in other countrys are able too
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yea gonna play european version,NOT! that 1 is far after update from this game

gotta agree with that :P their last mega update was 17/12/2009
    and they got cube/lunar dungeos and OHT and other stuffs so hrhrhrhr :P
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I really appreciate your reply and feedback. Especially those who supported the idea. I have already submitted a ticket to PW Support concerning the matter. Anyway, still waiting for some Mod/Dev to visit the thread and share his/her opinion with us. Furthermore, more player opinion would also be cool :)
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    they should implement 2 times, however if you've already attended 1 event you cannot attend the other=> this is to prevent the no lifers from always getting the top spots in both slots.

This gives more of the player base an opportunity to participate in events when they otherwise normally couldn't.

Perfect World International= not international if you don't cater to those outside of the US too.

I hardly see why people think the OP is QQing when many people are effected by this.

I'm not reading 9 pages of people trolling the OP saying he's qqing. So if this idea was already mentioned, oh well.
    Here we go again....
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Totally surporting the idea of having those events twice per day b:thanks
    Hell, im 95 now and Ive never seen CoA or anything myself...

Worked fine with the nien event timing, so why not give the others two times too pls?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why didn't you make a poll choice of "Could care less" Cause that's where my vote is.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    then why did you post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm bored and nothing better to do
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is nearly 50% of the Servers playing from OUTSIDE of America who would really appreciate the introduction of a second starting time for the mentioned event.

Proof pls
    **removed**

International : available in two or more countries. In the case of Perfect World International, this is true, because it originated in the China and was brought over to North America. Count on your fingers: one, two. Oh hey! That makes it international.

INTERNATIONAL =/= GLOBAL. Please get this through your heads.

I'm a European player and I'm as sick of the ridiculous times for events as you are, but you're making us all look bad when you come here and QQ and try to pretend PWE was ever catering to us in the first place. You're lucky they let you play this game at all.

Now kindly shut up.

This.+1