TW changes - How will it affect DW server?

Options
Balthier - Dreamweaver
Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Tideswell (East)
So, with the recent changes to the TW (announcement here at the bottom: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=97191), how will this affect our server?

Will Calamity and EQ stop their agressive TW pushes, seeing as there is basically no rewards (save for the few Rank 8 people) involved?

Will it stay the same, as both guilds players are doing TW for the challenge, fun and lojalty, and not for the money?

Will those people that is in it for the money leave Cala and EQ to pursue their luck in other aspects of pwi, or leave PWI altogether?

Will the changes affect smaller guilds like Dynasty, HDT, Inversion etc..? Will they try to do more TW, in hopes that Cala and EQ wont be as likely to defend as before, or will they stop TWing altogether as it will mostly be a major coinsink even if they get to own a few lands?

Please discuss, I'm anxious to hear what the fellow players on DW thinks about these changes b:thanks

Oh, and +12 orb and G11 gem pack, funny ol' virtual world we live in b:laugh
Post edited by Balthier - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Last I checked Cala was TWing for the thrill of the hunt, and I'd wager it's the same for EQ. I doubt strongly if either guild will see people leaving. I'm guessing like me, it's about the thrill of the fight for EQ too :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Last I checked Cala was TWing for the thrill of the hunt, and I'd wager it's the same for EQ. I doubt strongly if either guild will see people leaving. I'm guessing like me, it's about the thrill of the fight for EQ too :D

These threads say other wise

QQ

More QQ
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2. Bids will no longer be refunded. If your bid was not high enough to win, the coins involved will be lost. This should minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

Ok I think that the TW are going a bit down now
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Indeed they do, hence why I asked :)[edit: This sentence was ment in response to Aubree ^^]

Personally I don't think we will see an immediate change, but it will slowly but surely show its impact.

Yes, TW pay is only a minor part of where your money pr week comes from, but in total over 500million coins is introduced to the server every week (that is 100 best luck tokens btw). So, you spam Nirvana and TTs to accumulate goods to sell to other people to get coins. When we get 450million less coins every week (mirages npc price will be worth around 10% of previous TW pay), the amount of available coins will diminish fast. In turn, this means people will have less coins to buy their crystals and TT mats etc, which will again lead to you getting less coins from selling them.

So, less coins to buy charms with will increase the dependency on zen charging to stay competitive, and with less incentive to TW with the cut in pay, more people will skip charging zen, as they do not care enough to stay charmed in TWs.

I can foresee that all this will lead to a dip in gold prices though, will it get to a point where the loss in income will be nullified vica vie the lower gold prices?

Well, it will get interesting I'm sure.

Note, all this is just my immediate assumptions, and things may play out completely different for all I know, but lets call this an educated guess from someone who's been here since the first day DW opened ^^

[Edit: The amount of coins being removed each week will infact be even bigger, due to the non-refundable TW bids]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    These threads say other wise

I try to be nice to you folks, I really do.

Things like this make me wonder why I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just do event on Mondays, get enough points, then free 100k charm for the week.

And wasn't it mentioned before in a preview that attacks won't be limited to just 3 anymore? Unfortunately, bids were finalized before patch so we'll have to wait till next week.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I try to be nice to you folks, I really do.

Things like this make me wonder why I do.

Why because I pointed out the QQ over tw pay? Trust me I have already had talks within eq. Some people QQ some people say "so what, let's tw ...woo hooo"

But we will surely see who TWs for the achievement and who doesn't. EQ had gone a very long time up against Cala week in and week out where we recieved no pay at all. OFC that changed but, Cala has not had to do so yet. So we shall see.

On another note.. I picked up doing TW pay in may yay hoooray for not having to do tw pay for 3-4 hours each week.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why because I pointed out the QQ over tw pay? Trust me I have already had talks within eq. Some people QQ some people say "so what, let's tw ...woo hooo"

But we will surely see who TWs for the achievement and who doesn't. EQ had gone a very long time up against Cala week in and week out where we recieved no pay at all. OFC that changed but, Cala has not had to do so yet. So we shall see.

On another note.. I picked up doing TW pay in may yay hoooray for not having to do tw pay for 3-4 hours each week.

Both factions have people that are upset with the change, people that are indifferent, and some people that joke about it. That's just how changes like this work, naturally. However, I find it funny that you'll take 2 posts and try to use them to portray all of Cala as caring about the loss of TW pay. Personally I could care less, and even joked some about the change with some of your members that i saw in wc. -shrug- I'll still find the money to be charmed in tw every week, it isn't too difficult.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Both factions have people that are upset with the change, people that are indifferent, and some people that joke about it. That's just how changes like this work, naturally. However, I find it funny that you'll take 2 posts and try to use them to portray all of Cala as caring about the loss of TW pay. Personally I could care less, and even joked some about the change with some of your members that i saw in wc. -shrug- I'll still find the money to be charmed in tw every week, it isn't too difficult.

When 2 of your people who TW every week are making threads, they are the ones portraying it is for pay. I indeed said EQ had some members QQ too. And I told them they know where the door is...
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was kinda hoping to get some interesting thoughts here, and not the same old "Cala are whiners, EQ are tossers" arguments :P

I wonder where I get all my optimism from...

WTB: Reality check, pm me prices.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was kinda hoping to get some interesting thoughts here, and not the same old "Cala are whiners, EQ are tossers" arguments :P

I wonder where I get all my optimism from...

WTB: Reality check, pm me prices.

main thought: Everyone wanting to tw on dynasty is getting ripped off now because of the changes to bidding. This impacts HDT/Tempest/etc, who have to farm their bid money, and probably will be more hesitant about bidding, or have to bid larger amounts.
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    main thought: Everyone wanting to tw on dynasty is getting ripped off now because of the changes to bidding. This impacts HDT/Tempest/etc, who have to farm their bid money, and probably will be more hesitant about bidding, or have to bid larger amounts.

That's what I thought too. If there is going to be a bid it will be like 1.5-2 mil., so the leader of the faction can make sure that he will not throw his money on the wind.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've done the math, and Cala would still get 61.5m weekly if they decided to sell all the mirages they get from TW pay.

That's roughly 307.5k/member assuming they have 200 members, and every single one participates in TW that week.

As for the other factions...sorry guys. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everyone that is honest to themself and not greedy, has to love these TW changes.

If you look among all the PW Versions among the world, you see that 95% of those servers are dominated by a single faction.
    (5 other % are from faction that love their server and disbanded for fun TW :D)

I Admit the changes are not the best way to change the powerholding faction but it definetely reduces their power.

In my opinion, alot of the power these land owning faction have, comes from the ability to TW for fun AND getting a free charm...while the attacking and weaker faction has to provide their own charms and most certainly has a lot less members uncharmed.

Now without factions like calamity having free charms and less charmed people, the weaker factions have a slightly higher chance in actually winning.
    Can't wait to see how the map will change.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

That's what I was kind of fearing myself after thinking about this update. Though getting land was never easy in the past, guilds had something to look forward to... a motivation if you will to go after land, but now I can see people wanting to steer clear of even going after lands, and even if they do... as you said there funds will quickly deteriorate, leaving them to farm there money and pull there collective money together to tw, which might only bring the attendance down further, I don't really think that many people would like to put there hard earned money in and have little chance of getting anything back.

I could be wrong though, perhaps some people really wont mind felling like they have to pay to TW, perhaps there will be another way to collect cash for a guild, hell with all the cash shoppers, and the packs... I can't really see this effecting EQ... or Cala that much, just use a cash shopper that is willing to buy the "XYZ" pack, and hope they get a lot of the best token of luck and then have them turn it in for the 10m and send whatever cash they happen to get to the guild leader, therefore nullify the coin drain there for bidding on a land to attack, but still with something like 'you no longer get failed bids back' in effect, I doubt this will work for long. ;/

One thing for sure is that this has definitely rocked the tw world to the core, it will be interested to see guilds coping with the major loss of coins, from the various ways they stopped us from doing so with.

I kind of fear it may have been a too effective way to coin sink the game, guess only time will tell just how badly it effects us all, including the tw aspect of the game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everyone that is honest to themself and not greedy, has to love these TW changes.

If you look among all the PW Versions among the world, you see that 95% of those servers are dominated by a single faction.
    (5 other % are from faction that love their server and disbanded for fun TW :D)

I Admit the changes are not the best way to change the powerholding faction but it definetely reduces their power.

In my opinion, alot of the power these land owning faction have, comes from the ability to TW for fun AND getting a free charm...while the attacking and weaker faction has to provide their own charms and most certainly has a lot less members uncharmed.

Now without factions like calamity having free charms and less charmed people, the weaker factions have a slightly higher chance in actually winning.
    Can't wait to see how the map will change.

I completely agree with Magiere. Also, we have needed a coin sink. Now we have one. To see it used is another matter altogether...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's a game, so lets play the game itself, TW after all is just for fun, getting out of PWI routine. Getting mirages ? So what ? Getting coins ? So what ? Who the hell cares about mirages, money and all those. It's true ..getting charms now is a bit harder then before, but still i think all of us are here to hang out and have fun with friends. So yeah, beside the smaller factions i dont think this is gonna affect DW server in any ways.
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    btw check the minimum bid before saying that biddings is a bigger coin sink. Small factions would be able to tw for less coins now, so its a good thing(if no one else bids on the same land).

@FatherTed If it is not that hard to make money for charms, why are those people QQ-ing then? If they can tw for cala, that has to mean something right?

btw how is tw a coin sink other than the repair costs, cata scroll, bids? coin sink means coins going to npc. if you are buying charms with the coins, the tax is a coin sink, but most of the coins are passed to some other people.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lylfo5 wrote: »
    btw check the minimum bid before saying that biddings is a bigger coin sink. Small factions would be able to tw for less coins now, so its a good thing(if no one else bids on the same land).

@FatherTed If it is not that hard to make money for charms, why are those people QQ-ing then? If they can tw for cala, that has to mean something right?

btw how is tw a coin sink other than the repair costs, cata scroll, bids? coin sink means coins going to npc. if you are buying charms with the coins, the tax is a coin sink, but most of the coins are passed to some other people.

On the contrary if I read/recall what I read correctly a guild can only bid once, and that to me would mean that they would have to put in an amount that would ensure that they were the highest bidder, and if they don't they lose out on that cash they just spent, and even if they do win, they still lose that cash, quite a majority of it too, just like with the packs.

For example they only put in a 100k bid, someone else comes in and bids 1m, the first guild that bidded 100k no longer has a chance and they would lose that 100k from what I understood about this update, that could easily be a lot of lost coins to all of the guilds funds, I am fairly sure it would work vice versa too... the 1m first, and 100k second... the second would lose out on that 100k.

If you want to be competitive, then there will undoubtedly be a lot of coin loss from charms, tower, cata scroll, pots, apo, and yes even from the bid.

As I said earlier only time will truly tell us how badly this will effect us all, sure we can go and look at china, but this is mainly based in the united states, we most definitely have a slightly different mind set when it comes to what we do/don't do.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Man if you really believe that TW changes will make small factions take part of land owning... the joke's on you.

You know what my TW squad does in TW vs small factions? we go charmless, and the people that dies is made fun of. In fact, TW versus any faction that's not EQ, will never be a charmdrain because small factions can never hold to their new members when they realize they have outgrown it... problem is not Calamity or Equinox having land, its the unavailability of their leaders to hold on to their members providing a system that actually works for them.

If certain small faction leaders were to help more on their faction runs instead of say, idle at OT, have a pissing contest with other faction leaders in world chat or just be more present there to support their members in their gear/quest needs. You would develop a strong core, and you'd start from there.

Calamity has that in Baldwin, in Eris, Heartz, Nathanius and gween, etc. People that have been in this faction since the first month it was made, and will stay in this faction even if it holds 1 piece of land and we will still be using those 150 mirages to go TW. Equinox has it too when it comes to people like Illyana, Er_Nai, Iron_Chef, Almy etc.

But enough of me stomping on your dreams. b:chuckle What will happen with TW pay, in my opinion, will be very simple. the 65m we now get instead of 450m, will be destined to bank, as it has always been. TW pay will be eliminated, and players who want to TW will TW, the ones that do not want to TW will remain in Calamity if they want to. Charms will be mandatory for CT barbs, which are paid off from the bank fund anyway, and players will have to farm a bit extra during the weekday so that they can afford a charm to go to Equinox wars. Of the 150 people that signs up for TW vs Equinox, charms will be given a prefference after class and on top of level.

It's not about honesty to ourselves Magiere, definitively not about greed. This is more about simplicity, you make Calamity TW pay in 3 hours of Nirvana with 3-4 people. So now instead of helping people with bosses, instead of helping outside the faction members with their RB cultivations, or having real life appointments we will have to go farm the coin and get the pay ourselves. TW pay doesn't make you rich, it covers your TW expenses. If anything, this changes put us to level with any other faction when it comes to how we spend our ingame time. But not really destroy our TW preparation process.

there are 7 servers, 2 are dead so I wont even take them into account. and the other 5 look like this:
    Heaven's Tear
    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2131/heavenst.jpg
    Harshlands
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5016/49724678.jpg
    Lost City
    When as you said, a good faction gave the land back to the server
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/Territory%20Map/map43.jpg
    Now, LOL. Talk about "greed"
    http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6857/25781684.jpg
    Sanctuary
    http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3838/sanci.jpg

If you check those maps after TW assignments, it's not that the big factions are so good that they are letting small factions hold on to their 1 land. It's that they respond to a tactical move that includes wiping the strong force first, just like we did when Dynasty and vanquish were south of the map and they weren't the turning point in TW vs EQ, since the small forces are not a factor if they get slotted, people without a land will remain so. Bidding will be more beneficial to Calamity because now Tempest, Vanquish, Dynasty and the rest wont know where, how much and what they have to bid to get slotted with Equinox. The new changes don't change the 3 wars per time slot period, at least it isnt featured in the update notes so it doesn't affect the fact that we prep to TW versus 240 people and not 80 every weekend. Calamity members will have to learn how to farm for other than just gear, Equinox members will continue to do what they have always been doing. How is this a positive change for the TW state of the game? It pretty much remains the same, with the unavailability of GMs or game devs to understand it is not the excessive coin that comes through TW that makes the gold prices inflate.

How about we eliminate the chests of coins? how about we take off the excitement and ecstasy cards from the nien beast rewards so that Aubrey stops farming contribution off of DrAgOOnZ? 6 people of each class that plays in each server (that's 48 characters) make 10-20 million a week from the event. That's what really sends to hell the price of gold. Not 1 faction buying charms once a week, it would only be a weekend tendency if it was so. Like the stock of flower companies on valentine's day.

Learn economykthnxbai.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • lylfo5
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On the contrary if I read/recall what I read correctly a guild can only bid once, and that to me would mean that they would have to put in an amount that would ensure that they were the highest bidder, and if they don't they lose out on that cash they just spent, and even if they do win, they still lose that cash, quite a majority of it too, just like with the packs.

For example they only put in a 100k bid, someone else comes in and bids 1m, the first guild that bidded 100k no longer has a chance and they would lose that 100k from what I understood about this update, that could easily be a lot of lost coins to all of the guilds funds, I am fairly sure it would work vice versa too... the 1m first, and 100k second... the second would lose out on that 100k.

If you want to be competitive, then there will undoubtedly be a lot of coin loss from charms, tower, cata scroll, pots, apo, and yes even from the bid.

As I said earlier only time will truly tell us how badly this will effect us all, sure we can go and look at china, but this is mainly based in the united states, we most definitely have a slightly different mind set when it comes to what we do/don't do.

In our server, if you intend on attacking Cala/Eq, it doesn't matter since there are so many lands that the chance of bidding on the same lands is quite low. Even then, you can always talk to other faction leaders to cooperate so that you don't end up bidding on the same land. (Theres bound to be backstabbing and stuff, but lets believe that everyone is honorable lol)

Well, are you saying that Cala/Eq won't be as competitive as before now that their tw pay is being cut by about 90%? Landless factions usually pay for those stuff themselves lol.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the new bidding system...uhm sucks?

why we need a coin sink? all we need is best-luck coin reward removed from boutique agent

and cala or eq will still rule, its the best geared players + a lot of them
    i like potato
  • lylfo5
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Man if you really believe that TW changes will make small factions take part of land owning... the joke's on you.

You know what my TW squad does in TW vs small factions? we go charmless, and the people that dies is made fun of. In fact, TW versus any faction that's not EQ, will never be a charmdrain because small factions can never hold to their new members when they realize they have outgrown it... problem is not Calamity or Equinox having land, its the unavailability of their leaders to hold on to their members providing a system that actually works for them.

If certain small faction leaders were to help more on their faction runs instead of say, idle at OT, have a pissing contest with other faction leaders in world chat or just be more present there to support their members in their gear/quest needs. You would develop a strong core, and you'd start from there.

Calamity has that in Baldwin, in Eris, Heartz, Nathanius and gween, etc. People that have been in this faction since the first month it was made, and will stay in this faction even if it holds 1 piece of land and we will still be using those 150 mirages to go TW. Equinox has it too when it comes to people like Illyana, Er_Nai, Iron_Chef, Almy etc.

But enough of me stomping on your dreams. b:chuckle What will happen with TW pay, in my opinion, will be very simple. the 65m we now get instead of 450m, will be destined to bank, as it has always been. TW pay will be eliminated, and players who want to TW will TW, the ones that do not want to TW will remain in Calamity if they want to. Charms will be mandatory for CT barbs, which are paid off from the bank fund anyway, and players will have to farm a bit extra during the weekday so that they can afford a charm to go to Equinox wars. Of the 150 people that signs up for TW vs Equinox, charms will be given a prefference after class and on top of level.

It's not about honesty to ourselves Magiere, definitively not about greed. This is more about simplicity, you make Calamity TW pay in 3 hours of Nirvana with 3-4 people. So now instead of helping people with bosses, instead of helping outside the faction members with their RB cultivations, or having real life appointments we will have to go farm the coin and get the pay ourselves. TW pay doesn't make you rich, it covers your TW expenses. If anything, this changes put us to level with any other faction when it comes to how we spend our ingame time. But not really destroy our TW preparation process.

there are 7 servers, 2 are dead so I wont even take them into account. and the other 5 look like this:
    Heaven's Tear
    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2131/heavenst.jpg
    Harshlands
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5016/49724678.jpg
    Lost City
    When as you said, a good faction gave the land back to the server
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/Territory%20Map/map43.jpg
    Now, LOL. Talk about "greed"
    http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6857/25781684.jpg
    Sanctuary
    http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3838/sanci.jpg

If you check those maps after TW assignments, it's not that the big factions are so good that they are letting small factions hold on to their 1 land. It's that they respond to a tactical move that includes wiping the strong force first, just like we did when Dynasty and vanquish were south of the map and they weren't the turning point in TW vs EQ, since the small forces are not a factor if they get slotted, people without a land will remain so. Bidding will be more beneficial to Calamity because now Tempest, Vanquish, Dynasty and the rest wont know where, how much and what they have to bid to get slotted with Equinox. The new changes don't change the 3 wars per time slot period, at least it isnt featured in the update notes so it doesn't affect the fact that we prep to TW versus 240 people and not 80 every weekend. Calamity members will have to learn how to farm for other than just gear, Equinox members will continue to do what they have always been doing. How is this a positive change for the TW state of the game? It pretty much remains the same, with the unavailability of GMs or game devs to understand it is not the excessive coin that comes through TW that makes the gold prices inflate.

How about we eliminate the chests of coins? how about we take off the excitement and ecstasy cards from the nien beast rewards so that Aubrey stops farming contribution off of DrAgOOnZ? 6 people of each class that plays in each server (that's 48 characters) make 10-20 million a week from the event. That's what really sends to hell the price of gold. Not 1 faction buying charms once a week, it would only be a weekend tendency if it was so. Like the stock of flower companies on valentine's day.

Learn economykthnxbai.

So why a few of Cala members are QQ-ing if charm cost(or tw pay) can be easily made up by doing nirvana?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In our server, if you intend on attacking Cala/Eq, it doesn't matter since there are so many lands that the chance of bidding on the same lands is quite low. Even then, you can always talk to other faction leaders to cooperate so that you don't end up bidding on the same land. (Theres bound to be backstabbing and stuff, but lets believe that everyone is honorable lol)

Well, are you saying that Cala/Eq won't be as competitive as before now that their tw pay is being cut by about 90%? Landless factions usually pay for those stuff themselves lol.

Hehe you got me there, aye there will always be people plotting to get the upper hand. None of us regular players can see the pms of other people, there really is no telling what people are plotting, but still there are several factors that could foil a plot like that easily... there are so many random guilds that could easily come in and outbid those who are trying to get in on the same night/day... though you are indeed right chances of people bidding on the same land is fairly slim, though again as you said, people can easily cooperate to attack on the same night/day.

If it came out like that, then I do apologize, I merely meant that if ANY guild wants to be real competitive... err perhaps I should say aggressive... then there will undoubtedly be a LOT of fees to take into consideration before going after a land, especially if you wish to keep it, and yes the 90% reduction will have to be taken into consideration as well.

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So why a few of Cala members are QQ-ing if charm cost(or tw pay) can be easily made up by doing nirvana?

imagine you have to work 40 hours a week get XY munies for it

now your boss sets you get less munies for 40 hours (XY-2)
    offers you to work 42 hours a week for the same amount of munies (XY)
    i like potato
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

Because not everyone adapts to changes real fast? Ionno. I guess not all of us can be perfect like you at the first try. Oh wait, you've never had a fat TW check you don't need to adapt to ****. nvm.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • lylfo5
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because not everyone adapts to changes real fast? Ionno. I guess not all of us can be perfect like you at the first try. Oh wait, you've never had a fat TW check you don't need to adapt to ****. nvm.

Lol, that speaks volume about your character.

Edit: Did I claim that I was perfect? lol fat Tw check? 4-5mil isnt that fat. Did you do something to "get" your "fat" pay check?
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol, that speaks volume about your character.
    I could say just the same about your whining over Calamity people being mad for TW pay changes. The ones that know me know that I'm very rational, I don't need to put that face for you if you're gonna give me **** about my faction and factionmates.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Learn economykthnxbai.

No offense Andres, but don't critique someone about their perceived lack of knowledge on economic matters while asking for chests of coins to be removed. They are there for an economic reason, even if it may seem pointless to you. But yes, I agree that people should not be farming contribution from other players. It should be your own DD output always. And there are others in other factions that do the same as Aubree and Goonz. I am not condoning it, just pointing out that it happens from cala members as well b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No offense Andres, but don't critique someone about their perceived lack of knowledge on economic matters while asking for chests of coins to be removed. They are there for an economic reason, even if it may seem pointless to you. But yes, I agree that people should not be farming contribution from other players. It should be your own DD output always. And there are others in other factions that do the same as Aubree and Goonz. I am not condoning it, just pointing out that it happens from cala members as well b:chuckle

The gold was at 100k a piece when GMs introduced the chests of coin. Suddenly the price went to 200k because a hammer = 5 gold, 5 gold = 1 mill, 1 mill = a chest of coin. They were the ones that set up the lower end. It's server economy Decus, fact is, if packs and everything else was removed, you'd still get gold as cheap as 200k, not under it, because then its more profitable to just open the chests.

I agree on you about farming contribution, happens everywhere, but I find it funny, that some of the people laughing at the TW changes are precisely the ones that have a big cash shop player funding them whether its via items or farming their stuff for them. But contribution farming isn't the problem. The event gives about 20 million a week to every player that cares to show once a day. that's more money handed out to less players than TW pay in total.

TW pay is 450m to Cala, around 180m for EQ every week. that's distributed to 170 people in cala and around the same amount in EQ. you get pretty much the same in 1 day of the event if you land top 6
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity