Tanking HH 1-1?

AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide
AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Blademaster
I'm a fist/pole/axe bm with a 50 vit cap. I'm expecting to have >>>3000 hp unbuffed, >6.3k pdefence buffed, and using Annihilator of Souls by lvl 63 at the latest [stat problems being corrected b:surrender ]. I have -.05 interval LA wrists. What I am wondering is, can I tank my 1-1's? More importantly, can I and a cleric do them alone? Or, can I, a cleric, and a veno do it together? Basically, I'm broke, hate buying stuff, and really want my TT axes before lvl 70 b:victory. Mostly, though, I don't like dealing with the all-too-frequent [on Raging Tide ] bad tank.(no offence to those of my friends who are good tanks) Should this occur, would it be wise to force myself in as default tank [with cleric's knowledge of course]? Or would the first boss mow me down just by looking at me?

also, if anyone on Raging Tide has some 5x-6x heavy armor wrists with -interval, I would be very excited to talk to you. b:thanks
My _____ are...
Archer: fun
Blademaster: Awesome
Wizard: BIDS. <-- Coming soon
Cleric: New, idk yet :)
Post edited by AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe you would have to try.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm a fist/pole/axe bm with a 50 vit cap. I'm expecting to have >>>3000 hp unbuffed, >6.3k pdefence buffed, and using Annihilator of Souls by lvl 63 at the latest [stat problems being corrected b:surrender ]. I have -.05 interval LA wrists. What I am wondering is, can I tank my 1-1's? More importantly, can I and a cleric do them alone? Or, can I, a cleric, and a veno do it together? Basically, I'm broke, hate buying stuff, and really want my TT axes before lvl 70 b:victory. Mostly, though, I don't like dealing with the all-too-frequent [on Raging Tide ] bad tank.(no offence to those of my friends who are good tanks) Should this occur, would it be wise to force myself in as default tank [with cleric's knowledge of course]? Or would the first boss mow me down just by looking at me?

also, if anyone on Raging Tide has some 5x-6x heavy armor wrists with -interval, I would be very excited to talk to you. b:thanks

his spell>swing move will most likely 2 shot you bring 2 clerics 1 BB 1 IH the full fight
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    Hurin - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok, thanks for the info guys.
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Whether you need more HP is questionable (though of course recommended) if you're confident you can cancel/block every magic attack (Even better if you sure enough to risk Marrows to boost Phys Def higher)...but you definitely need more physical defense. Always more. XD

You'll also want a good genie with level 10 Earthquake, to fill in gaps between cancels and spark blocking.

That aside...comments on each boss.

Chien - Easy. Pure physical on squad mode and doesn't hit all that hard (or to be more precise...doesn't hit ME all that hard, as I'm reasonably confident I've got significantly more Phys Def). Marrow up and and punch him muchly.

Soulbanisher - Don't bother with him. He drops nothing of value. If you do get caught up with him though, he hits hard but slooooooooooow. Like 3 hits between each spell. Just don't let him kill you with fire and you're good. XD

Snake - I hate him more than Soul, simply because you have to be paying VERY good attention to cancel/block him. No aura of killing intent to signal his casts, and he thwacks you so slow (3 hits between spells like Soul) that it's super easy to get lazy, lose the pattern, and get 1-2 shot. Doesn't help it takes a second for him to start channeling too...so easy to cancel too early too. X_X

Drummer - He's hard to tank until the half. Simply put, if you have low HP, you're gonna die if he zaps you with magic anyways, so Marrow and pray you don't lag. Easy enough to cancel though, and once you hit the half it gets a bit easier on your end. Your Cleric needs to have some HP to survive the AoE though, as you probably won't have the damage output to drop him terribly fast. Extra points if you can cancel his AoE once or twice...or even every single one. Don't count on being able to do that though, since he mixes up the number of hits between AoEs... 8D

EXTRA: For faster/'safer' means of practicing canceling, throw down with Qingzi and/or FB59 bosses (FB59 especially, since they can easily 1-2 shot a low HP/marrowed/lazy BM tank and are a good feel for what you can expect from 1-1 bosses). Once you're comfortable with them, go after Myriadtail in 51, which can help you learn how to handle fast casting boss skills. After that, just throw down in 1-1 and see how you hold up. XD

TL:DR VERSION: If you're lazy and just punch things, don't even try. If you already know, or are willing to go through the process of learning to time Cancels and sparks to negate magic damage, then by all means give it an effort. The worst that could possibly happen is you all die. =D

The preceding was a personal account of tanking experiences in 1-1...other testimonies may vary.