Tired of dying

2»

Comments

• kolgateman
    kolgateman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was looking through this old thread..... wow people are noobs. And i do not think if you dont know about this game DONT GIVE advice. You DO NOT put ANY vit in a phyc. PERIOD............... phycs are ment for pure DD's and when your higher level even the 1 vit u put on it WILL make a difference trust me. Put all pure unallovated points on mag besides 1 every two levels for str so you can wear your arcane armour. b:thanks now i pray to you that you help my freind out and not give him false advice.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    kolgateman wrote: »
    I was looking through this old thread..... wow people are noobs.

hello to u2 mister no-name

And i do not think if you dont know about this game DONT GIVE advice.

check ur syntax twice before making bold statements it looks like you slipped on a banana peel

You DO NOT put ANY vit in a phyc.

it's called psy

PERIOD...............

i would prefer a reason

phycs are ment for pure DD's

psys are meant to be whatever a player can have fun with

and when your higher level even the 1 vit u put on it WILL make a difference trust me.

why trust you? you have neither provided evidence of owing a successful psy nor some reason

Put all pure unallovated points on mag besides 1 every two levels for str so you can wear your arcane armour.b:thanks now i pray to you that you help my freind out and not give him false advice.

if he is your friend he certainly doesnt look like he trusts you...

time for some math:
    with a nice +12 r8 weapon, 1 mag will be 25 points of magic attack.
    a popular vit cap is 50 so that would be 1250 mattack.
    considering the pvp reduction, you are looking at a 312 mattack loss while you gain 500hp. any popular +5%hp neck will boost that to 525hp.

so assuming a 8k hp you gain 6% more hp while sacrificing 3% of your attack.
    looks pretty ok to me, mr "i am so pro"
  • Myujishan - Raging Tide
    Myujishan - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    kolgateman wrote: »
    I was looking through this old thread..... wow people are noobs. And i do not think if you dont know about this game DONT GIVE advice. You DO NOT put ANY vit in a phyc. PERIOD............... phycs are ment for pure DD's and when your higher level even the 1 vit u put on it WILL make a difference trust me. Put all pure unallovated points on mag besides 1 every two levels for str so you can wear your arcane armour. b:thanks now i pray to you that you help my freind out and not give him false advice.

Woooow...fail... I put Vit on my psy, and it made a world of difference. You see, you can put Vit on a psy if you're willing to get some OP gear, which if you do, a psy who HAS vit will not only be able to tank some bosses with white voodoo (Not with black, and not without any) but the OP gear will allow you to deal damage just as hard. Me and my friend both use this technique. Don't tell people how to build a character, there's a reason you can customize builds. If all psy's were pure magic builds, everyone would be the same. You must also be the type who say BM's can't tank. If so, meet my friend xXPIPXx pro BM tank.

Also, who are you to give advice? Not only do you use a BM, but you also have only reached level 13? You should get off the game.
    I am a proud member of the glorious tideborn master race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HyuugaHiash - Heavens Tear
    HyuugaHiash - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree, if you havnt played psy to a high lvl, then please do not give advice, from what you think is right.

As to vit, does it help? Yes
    Is it good to put a lot of Vit? No?
    Are there variations? Yes

If you just started playing, putting some vit isnt a bad thing, as long as you put most into mag. For me i have multiple toons that are arcane users, at different levels, inclusing a psy, 20vit, while im at lvl 20 has helped me survive that one or two hits from an archer. But at this point you should have some gear with either a stat or a socket with some HP imbued into it.(cheap once)

At level 20, you should be either killing your enemies before they reach you or only getting hit once. If your dieing, check your gear first, order of attacks (use the water slowing skill first), then ask for buffs, stats are correct, and that you upgrade the right skills at the right times.

All in all, there different ways to play with psy, just like a wizzie. Bring potions, and get a descent enemy and test out what works the best.

If you need even more help, ask for help in game from a faction or someone you meet that happens to be same class and high level, advice is never bad. If you make a mistake, you can always correct it down the road.