Can't start game.

Fated_Oracle - Raging Tide
Fated_Oracle - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Support Desk
Whenever I press the "start game" but a message pops up with weird symbols and characters and then closes after a while. I'll try attach a picture of the message. Thanks to anyone that can help. My game version is currently on 369.

?action=view&current=PWI.jpg

I don't know if it's visible so I'll put the link here in case: http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/uhmmm100/?action=view&current=PWI.jpg
Post edited by Fated_Oracle - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Shannonx - Dreamweaver
    Shannonx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've been having the same problems. I tried to verify like I was told, but it didn't help. I also tried to reinstall the game but once I get past the download stage and verify the files, one of the files is missing. I'm hoping once the maintenance is done tonight it will be fixed.
    b:surrender
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device, Drivers, and DirectX Features boxes:
    DxDiagRequest.JPG

Thanks!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I had the same thing happen once. It turned out to be some weird update that messed up my video card drivers. After completely removing the drivers for my video card, downloading the latest, and installing clean drivers, it worked just fine again.

Took me forever to figure out because the video card appeared to be working properly. You'll usually notice this by Direct3D Acceleration not working in DxDiag.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Fated_Oracle - Raging Tide
    Fated_Oracle - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fom what I've seen it's a problem with my video card. Here are my system and display panels because I don't know where to get the video driver from so if you can help with that it would be nice ^^.

http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/uhmmm100/?action=view&current=pwi2.jpg

http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/uhmmm100/?action=view&current=pwi1.jpg
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    "Please install video driver"

I think this is enough dude. Right click on My Computer, then select Manage. Then go to Device Manager in left, then expand Display Adapters and Unknown Devices. Screenshot it and post it. It will save a lot of time.

EDIT : It should look like that http://prikachi.com/images/470/2401470d.jpg
  • Wraith_Lynn - Dreamweaver
    Wraith_Lynn - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    http://a.imageshack.us/img192/842/99004737.jpg

This is the info you need and I have updated several times spent 5 hours plus verifying the game. After the patch I a unable to log into the game whatsoever. I have a Can Not launch game message on the main screen when I click the start button.\

The game was working just fine yesterday before the update/patch game out.
    edited August 2010
    http://a.imageshack.us/img192/842/99004737.jpg

This is the info you need and I have updated several times spent 5 hours plus verifying the game. After the patch I a unable to log into the game whatsoever. I have a Can Not launch game message on the main screen when I click the start button.\

The game was working just fine yesterday before the update/patch game out.

Did you updated the game ? Check out the version in left of the start button. It should be 390.
    edited August 2010
    Version 390 is correct on the game itself. However I am still unable to get into the game the could not launch game is still there.

Going to reboot system and see what happens there
    edited August 2010
    Ok Rebooted the system and the same thing happens Could not launch game
    edited August 2010
    Uhm, too bad :( Let's hope that GM will answer soon
    edited August 2010
    I hope so because I'm not the only one playing the game here lol. This is a shared comp as we play on different servers at different times.
    edited August 2010
    I`m sure that GM's will be capable to help you out. The worst thing that could happen is re-install of the game b:victory
  • Tinetta - Dreamweaver
    Tinetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thats what I'm trying Wraith isn't to happy about me doing it but I feel it might be the best way to solve the issue. Right now its worth a shot. If it works it works if not then owell. Atleast I tried to figure fix the problem. It had to be the last update that caused it since the game was working at 9:30 my time last night. Then around 1:30 AM when i tried to load the game back up it wouldn't allow me to do start the game as the client was out of date. I updated it and boom the issue started. I just have to try and see what happens lol.