Drops/ money are vanishing away?

_Thia_ - Dreamweaver
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I have noticed that mobs drop less and less these days, same in TT and even FBs. What is the goal? To have players pay for everything with real money? Millions and millions of cash shoppers? Lately the drops inside TT barely cover the cost of ultimate substances and grinding will no longer pay for your skills. There has to be a limit to this greed, I play since open beta and never before i have seen this litle drops. I remember how fun it was to grind and make some cash , now the game became nothing but boring BH after BH. At least give us the option of playing as we like to and earn some coins.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Thia_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I haven't seen any difference. I think 2x drops spoiled everyone, making them forget how the drops pre-2x were actually like.

I was bored last night, did three of my last 4 remaining kill quests in hell (cause my new 'goal' in pwi is to clear my quest finder of all quests. I made about 700k in drops and coin before repairs in a little over 2 hours in hell. Seemed a bit better than average to me.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sowwy, me took your monies and mats for me own gear.
    b:avoid
    It be the hamster tax.
    b:quiet
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yea, sometimes I admit that I find myself hating bosses because they're not dropping anything now, but I was too used to the 2x drop rate. Whenever 2x was on, I always expected something good to drop. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    same here x.x i got toooo used to 2x xP

i think thats the problem, too many 2x times after eachother in the past ;P
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thia you helped us with Belial last night, right? He dropped two Dust of Devil. . . that's perfectly normal under "1x drops" conditions. We got 1 Foshura's Arm, 1 Giant Tail, and 2 Antenna's before that. . . pretty average 2-3 run.
    I have to agree with Michael that double drops has made regular grinding a lot less attractive. I mean, after repairs and potions (NO, I will not meditate for 5 min to recover 10,000 mana) I have like 20,000 - 30,000 profit for about 100 Hell monsters. That's pretty pathetic seeing as it costs that much to teleport into Abaddon, let alone the wine fee. But I don't mind - I'm doing my quests <(^-^)>
    Rank 7 - the hard way - here I come! Will it be fast? Of course not. But free, and hopefully fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's because people are just used to double drops.

I'll admit I get a little disappointed when I kill a TT boss and see only 2 drops lol, even though that's pretty much average.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, either way, PWI is smart for implemented 2x exp and spirit but not drop. That lures people into buying packs for money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have actually noticed that grinding is a lot more profitable when you do it on time when there isn`t that many ppl online. Dunno if it works with TTs but on normal grinding it does and god I have farmed on my alts to gather mats to lvl bs =/.

Then again, this kitty has done 2-3 "twice" in past weeks, on first run we had to end on before ape due few reasons, on other we did astral, but not belial, no cleric wants to do it =/. Drop count is something similar to 4 drops from lion, 7 or 8 arms, 2 from ape, 3 from dog and 2 from astral. I really dunno where I have sold my soul for bosses to drop like that, but 3-1 dun like me, 2 green mats from a freaking full run, we did make another which dropped enough for full 6man squad to get 2 picks =p.

Ps. I need 2x drops to test my luck =p.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:sad I never got to enjoy 2x drops, was away from the game through most of that...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've never really been into TT much except for my tt70 and part of my tt90.

I got tt70 over a year ago now (100% from TT runs), and I remember every boss dropping at least 2 to 3 mats each. This also wasn't during 2x drops.

Now a year later I found myself doing TT for my tt90 with bosses (although different ones) not dropping mats at all. So I just used other ways of making money such as farming mats in heaven/hell else I'd still be doing TT now.

I also felt like doing a DQ a while ago, something I hadn't done since like a year ago (when it was still quite possible) but after 30 minutes of grinding on the mob with the highest drop rate without a single DQ... well you get the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have noticed that mobs drop less and less these days, same in TT and even FBs. What is the goal? To have players pay for everything with real money? Millions and millions of cash shoppers? Lately the drops inside TT barely cover the cost of ultimate substances and grinding will no longer pay for your skills. There has to be a limit to this greed, I play since open beta and never before i have seen this litle drops. I remember how fun it was to grind and make some cash , now the game became nothing but boring BH after BH. At least give us the option of playing as we like to and earn some coins.
    thats probably still cause the price on stuff is still the semi-inflation price. If merchants know pple cant pay this, then it will lower. Its the non-cashshoppers that make the coins for the cashshoppers to buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    thats probably still cause the price on stuff is still the semi-inflation price. If merchants know pple cant pay this, then it will lower. Its the non-cashshoppers that make the coins for the cashshoppers to buy.
    If that was true there wouldn't be a problem. However, ToBL give heavy cash shoppers excessive coin. . . How long does it take to farm 10 million? For me at least a week of intense farming; at least. And I'm a level 100 and perfect for Twilight/Nirvana Duos. However, prices are dropping. Twilight materials are dropping like mad, even without 2x. Dust of Devil is down to 500k - it used to be 800k to 1m!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If that was true there wouldn't be a problem. However, ToBL give heavy cash shoppers excessive coin. . . How long does it take to farm 10 million? For me at least a week of intense farming; at least. And I'm a level 100 and perfect for Twilight/Nirvana Duos. However, prices are dropping. Twilight materials are dropping like mad, even without 2x. Dust of Devil is down to 500k - it used to be 800k to 1m!

10m worth of herb farming?

You must have the patience and consititution of a saint.

I usually combine herb farming with a little grinding. Doing pure herb farming would drive me nuts.

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    10m worth of herb farming?

You must have the patience and consititution of a saint.

I usually combine herb farming with a little grinding. Doing pure herb farming would drive me nuts.

b:shocked

I still have around 250 apos but once I had more than 400 at a time. All farmed by me. That would be almost 5 million coins if those were Devilwoods and other expensive herbs...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Since closed beta i have made many many characters, settling with full builds rather than any type of hybrid because i believe that the database percentile drop rate is a very loose estimate used as a baseline. After lvl adjustments the drop rate is then further shifted by as of yet unknown factors, perhaps kill time/mob (from 1st hit to kill). I can demonstrate with 2 of my chars that come to mind 1.) an HA veno lv 42 that was intended to farm leathers from around swiftwind..this char kills slow & hardly gets any drops at all. 2.) another lv 42 veno only difference is that this one is slightly a purer build (using slightly lower lv armor for more magic). veno #2 was made because veno #1 was not very fruitful as i had hoped. Veno #2 gets about 4 times more leather material than #1.

Also there are many other factors to take into consideration, some have been mentioned in this thread already...

current server population online at the moment. - pretty self explanatory (lagg)

area you are in. - i have noticed simply changing areas or even entering an instance simply to leave it & return to your favorite grind spot sometimes has an effect on the local drop rate.

time of day. - i've learned that if what i'm looking for isn't dropping almost right away i leave or even switch characters & come back like an hour later.

length of time you have spent in the area. - just about the same as above - if you been grinding for mats & suddenly the drops seem to stop or taper to almost none, maybe the spot is farmed out...leave & go back later.

These examples all lead to seed times (i never heard of pwi seed rate/times, but i know it exists, so i'm guessing about 1 hour & 20 minutes).

Instances (such as TT) - i have my own theories/practices that definitely help me during solo endeavors there, but sorry i'm not about to cut my own throat. b:shutup

All-in-all a big YES, i have noticed an overall drop rate decrease..as of yet nothing too critical to deal with.

mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is slowly decreasing. I was a complete newb back then and got more drops than now. I was killing dirt slow on my barbarian back then and got more drops than my veno which kills faster that is grinding now. So yes, it is nerfed...

I had better drop rates in other games and it was reasonable enough. It is impossible to independently craft now. Sure, you can still craft independently, but not even a full set of gears because it will take you a whole day or more just to make a full set of random gears. Making you earn 0 or even less than how much you gained.

Look at mirages, they used to be so valuable.

As far as money goes that is not really a problem, well slightly a problem but you can still manage, with any class at the right time you can still make good coins. But if you don't charge your credit card and/or start merchant. Your going to be broke. Although I do kinda agree with the people that do complain with low drop rates, only from outside instances deserves increase.

But PWI have been nerfed in general. BHs, Hyper exp stones, OP equips, etc. The developers really done a bad choice on this part.

Dailies crippled the game the most. And the most oafish ones talk about irrelevant topics that is completely different than the game, like "fists are useless" or "fists are useless until level 90+" I have been using fists on my BM all the time, same as sword and spear. People usually talk about endgame than throughout the game. Sure they have their experience of endgame, but they seem to have no clue throughout the game. Which encourages people to forget about leveling at a normal pace and just get to 100 whether they are saying "the game too easy already," but saying another thing. Just shame on them. They seem to lack even more experience than the ones who follow them. Reality does hit like bricks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is slowly decreasing. I was a complete newb back then

You still are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I have lovely blue text it reminds me of the sky

ok? I didn't need to know that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    An average TT1-X, 2-X run back then was everyone in the squad getting one useful mat (not chin plate etc), and for a lager portion of the 2-X runs, someone would end up with worthless mat + mirages. So that's about 1-2 mats per boss. A amazing run was when each one in the squad gets 2 useful mats. That was about 2-3 mats per boss. So like many have said, we got use to the 2X drops.

I remember the first ever 2X drop event and 8 arms dropped in 2-3 and we freaked out. 8 ants then proceed to drop after that.

It is slowly decreasing.

So is your IQ, now gtfo.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I am a troll, hear me troll.

Drop your trolling wimp, besides, I have an archer on a PVP server and its not your lamesauce server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Drop your trolling wimp, besides, I have an archer on a PVP server and its not your lamesauce server

Because the rest of my post wasn't contributing to the thread at all.

Really? I would like to see this uber Archer of yours. Is it the same one that spams skills on boss for better DPS?
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    umm why do people pay for subs when mats are around for free lol to the lol..lazy asses.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All I do is grind. I have not noticed a difference at all.

Yesterday, I made 100,000 in hour from drops. I don't add up the coin drops, but they were probably about 30,000. That's my usual around this level. On my 65, sometimes 300,000.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Because the rest of my post wasn't contributing to the thread at all.

Really? I would like to see this uber Archer of yours. Is it the same one that spams skills on boss for better DPS?

Did I say I have an uber Archer? I just said I have an archer on LC server, go back in your cave of QQ server ok? kthxbai b:bye
    All I do is grind. I have not noticed a difference at all.

Yesterday, I made 100,000 in hour from drops. I don't add up the coin drops, but they were probably about 30,000. That's my usual around this level. On my 65, sometimes 300,000.

Second of all I made more than in 1 hour as a veno. Now for crafting mats, you won't have so much. and if you buy a set of 10, that will cost you 10k each. 100,000/(10*10000) = 0. Less money is a minor problem. Its the mats itself thats the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Check with Duke Black to find out what point of the element cycle it is on. This is another thing that newer people never seem to know about, but the drop rates change based off of what particular cycle it is on. You can find out either by grinding and watching drops (if you see 3-4 drops at a time on normal mobs, it's prolly them), or try the Duke Black rumor quest to see which element is currently favored. We usually had someone at any specific time spamming Duke Black quests and had them faction chat any lucky crafters or which element in the cycle it is on.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited August 2010
    I have an archer on a PVP server and its not your lamesauce server

Everyone up to about level 10 on LC is trembling in fear.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Le gasp.
    All our level 10s be running away.
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010

and.......................?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Replies like that is why people call you a(n) _________
    edited August 2010

And I'd like to fill in your blank "....................." with this?
    Drop your trolling wimp,

b:chuckle

b:bye