n0ob interval question

Oceanism - Archosaur
Oceanism - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
so i done a bit of reading, and i think that i want to become a demon sin in the future, because sage is for sissy skill spammers. sissies.

but i hear that the cost of interval gear is expensive. i don't know how you put +atk speed on things, but how much more would i have to pay to get that gear than to have regular gear?
Post edited by Oceanism - Archosaur on

Comments

• SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What level are you? You really don't need to worry bout interval gear til 70+. Nearly all of it isn't even available until then.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What level are you? You really don't need to worry bout interval gear til 70+. Nearly all of it isn't even available until then.

Level 0: Tome (Love: Up and Down, ~120-150+ million) (-0.05)
    Level 60: Bracers of Blood Moon, Rank 4 (~5-10 million, ~0-18 million) (-0.15)
    Level 80: Hook and Thorn (~???) (-0.05)
    Level 89: Demon Eruption (-25%)
    Level 90: Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade (~30-40 million) (-0.05)
    Level 99: TT99 (~40+ million total) (-0.2)
    Level 100: Barrier Thorn: Nirvana (~100-200 million) (-0.1)

As you can see, most of your -interval comes at 90+. And the total costs for end-game -interval gear? Well, 300+ million in-game coins.

So yeah.

And by the way, you don't "put" -interval on things, it spawns randomly on certain pieces of gear (weapons and wristguards) when making them or comes as a fixed mod on TTs, Lunar, Frost or Nirvana.

However, due to skills like Inner Harmony, Tackling Slash and Rising Dragon Strike, sins can make chi really easily, so you don't really need a high -interval to have epic damage, since you can pretty much spark indefinitely after 59.

And just for comparison, according to PWCalc, the sin I'm going for at 80 (Bracers of Blood Moon, Rank 4 armor, Hook and Thorn) will out-DPS my lvl 92 Archer.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Oceanism - Archosaur
    Oceanism - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^^ good look.

and another question: if i like skill spamming as much as i like attack spam, which would you recommend?
  • Rated_PG - Harshlands
    Rated_PG - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so i done a bit of reading, and i think that i want to become a demon sin in the future, because sage is for sissy skill spammers. sissies.

but i hear that the cost of interval gear is expensive. i don't know how you put +atk speed on things, but how much more would i have to pay to get that gear than to have regular gear?
    ^^ good look.

and another question: if i like skill spamming as much as i like attack spam, which would you recommend?

way to drop the ball there kiddo, I for one love the sage skills and love the epic atk bonus from sage CotD.....woo skill spammer sissies (Q.Q i want teh skill spam)
    E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody In Sight Build

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, if you don't like it, well gf to you. b:cool

Sins aren't op'd it's just that you suck ^.^.
    I'm a sin even at 3x I can kill all you oracled 10x noobs >.<
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    ^^ good look.

Well, Sins can get a lot of damage auto-attacking even without the attack speed boost from Demon Spark, especially since by 89 you should be able to spark just about constantly. And Sage Slipstream Strike offers a 30% chance at a 3 second, 20% attack speed buff. And there's always Relentless Courage.

You don't need a high amount of -interval to out-DPS Archers.

Personally, having come from an Archer, I'll be going for Demon, since I like that playstyle.

And besides, unless you're really rich, Oracle-spamming or Hyper Spamming, it's gonna take a while to get to 90+, even more until 99+ and before that, your access to -interval is extremely limited and you'll most likely spend time skill spamming anyway.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010

1: it costs more than you're going to pay
    2: sage sins dont have to skill spam
    3: demon sucks and the spark isnt worth it.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't plan to be an epic PvPer or PvEer; I simply wish to be fairly good at both. I plan to go Sage, particularly for BP and Upperstrike. As it is now, I mostly auto-attack in PvE, using only Ribsrtike, Tackling Slash, and Dragon Upperstrike. As for PvP, I duel occasionally and plan to seriously PK at 9x which is when I also plan to invest in sharding and refining. I have no -int gear yet, but I would like to have at least 2 aps.
    Would you say being a semi-skill spammer/2 aps auto Sin is viable for my more relaxed playing style, or would you suggest going either full spammer or full -int?

P.S. If I'm hijacking here, I apologize.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Level 0: Tome (Love: Up and Down, ~120-150+ million) (-0.05)
    Level 60: Bracers of Blood Moon, Rank 4 (~5-10 million, ~0-18 million) (-0.15)
    Level 80: Hook and Thorn (~???) (-0.05)
    Level 89: Demon Eruption (-25%)
    Level 90: Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade (~30-40 million) (-0.05)
    Level 99: TT99 (~40+ million total) (-0.2)
    Level 100: Barrier Thorn: Nirvana (~100-200 million) (-0.1)

As you can see, most of your -interval comes at 90+. And the total costs for end-game -interval gear? Well, 300+ million in-game coins.

So yeah.

Scroll of Tome is 250 mil+ on DW and HL the last time I checked, which is a few months ago. There was one put for 400 mil on HL from recent packs, but not sure if that sold or not. In any case, I doubt you can find one for 150 mil. It might be in less demand on Sanc. Scrip of Fate are around 60 mil ea on HL and 3 of those makes the cheaper version of Love: Up and Down for 180 mil.

Hook and Thorn uses cheap mats so they are just a couple of mils to make, 5 at the most.

TT99 total is much more than 40 mil. The cheapest way to make the bracers is with chips from event and the fee for each mat is 5.5 mil. That's 11 mil + 0-3 mil for the souledge. Boot mats are too expensive to trade with chips and is 10-15 mil ea on HL. That's about 30 mil there, assume that you farm your TT90 and subs. Idk the market price for the mats or ornaments, but they are expensive to make with chips. I would guess those are at least 5-10 mil ea, so times that by 4, the number you need for 2 ornaments.

Price of ruptures are ~2 mil ea on HL, then there's the cost TT99 daggers that you need to make. That adds up to ~220 mil, again, might be cheaper on other servers.
    3: demon sucks and the spark isnt worth it.

Idk, I got hit by demon tele stun, and it was a pain in the ****.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Scroll of Tome is 250 mil+ on DW and HL the last time I checked, which is a few months ago. There was one put for 400 mil on HL from recent packs, but not sure if that sold or not. In any case, I doubt you can find one for 150 mil. It might be in less demand on Sanc. Scrip of Fate are around 60 mil ea on HL and 3 of those makes the cheaper version of Love: Up and Down for 180 mil.

Oh well, I wouldn't know. The last time I saw anything about Love: Up and Down, it was about 120-150m, but that was a while ago.
    TT99 total is much more than 40 mil. The cheapest way to make the bracers is with chips from event and the fee for each mat is 5.5 mil. That's 11 mil + 0-3 mil for the souledge. Boot mats are too expensive to trade with chips and is 10-15 mil ea on HL. That's about 30 mil there, assume that you farm your TT90 and subs. Idk the market price for the mats or ornaments, but they are expensive to make with chips. I would guess those are at least 5-10 mil ea, so times that by 4, the number you need for 2 ornaments.

Boots: 2x 10.5m + 980 chips
    Bracers: 2x 5.5m + 210 chips
    Necklace: 2x 4.5m + 420 chips
    Belt: 2x 10.4m + 976 chips
    Totals: 61.8m + 2,586 chips

Since the chips cost 0.9 tokens each and tokens are about 10.3k now, that puts you at 85,772,220.

Yup, looks like I missed my mark by quite a bit. So yeah, it's looking at 32m for the boots + bracers combo or 29.8m for the necklace + belt combo. Well, both are still cheaper than the Lunar Cape.
    Price of ruptures are ~2 mil ea on HL, then there's the cost TT99 daggers that you need to make. That adds up to ~220 mil, again, might be cheaper on other servers.

Well, considering my level, I'm not that big on the Raptures. And the daggers are at 4.8m + 224 chips for the gold mats, so that's cheap. Just the 100 Raptures that's a *****. And btw, counting the souledge for the TT99 would be kinda **** since you WILL be using the previous weapon anyway.

Well, more expensive than I figured. Not that you'd need any of that to get imbalanced DPS.

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    And btw, counting the souledge for the TT99 would be kinda **** since you WILL be using the previous weapon anyway.

From what I've read, you need the related crafting skill for recasting Nirvana. So if you have high enough blacksmith to recast your bounded daggers, sure. But if you don't have it, you don't really get to equip the daggers that you need to use for recast since you won't be be able to have someone to recast it for you.

You wouldn't want to use TT99 anyways, since it's exactly the same dps as FC. TT80 comes close in dps if TT80 is 2 sockets vs one sockted TT99.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    From what I've read, you need the related crafting skill for recasting Nirvana. So if you have high enough blacksmith to recast your bounded daggers, sure. But if you don't have it, you don't really get to equip the daggers that you need to use for recast since you won't be be able to have someone to recast it for you.

If you can actually afford Nirvana gear, I'd say you can afford the 30 gold to get level 8 bs.
    You wouldn't want to use TT99 anyways, since it's exactly the same dps as FC. TT80 comes close in dps if TT80 is 2 sockets vs one sockted TT99.

Well, if you're going for Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and can make it yourself, I see no reason to waste money on getting another weapon. Especially since the FC weapon costs, what, 20 million. That would buy you 50 gold at 400k a piece. That'd cover your level 8 bs from Boutique.

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    If you can actually afford Nirvana gear, I'd say you can afford the 30 gold to get level 8 bs.
    True enough. But on the topic of taking the cost of the daggers into account, it's either not use them and count them towards the final cost of Nirvana daggers or use them and count the 30 gold.
    Well, if you're going for Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and can make it yourself, I see no reason to waste money on getting another weapon. Especially since the FC weapon costs, what, 20 million. That would buy you 50 gold at 400k a piece. That'd cover your level 8 bs from Boutique.

Because you'd have to wait til 99 to use daggers as good as ones you could've started using at 85. 85-99 is quite a few levels, so getting and using FC til 100 saves you the 30 gold for getting BS, and then you can resell it after getting Nirvana to get the money back.

Resluts:

-Spending almost no money on the FC daggers, maybe 10% lost, and then spend money on TT99 + raptures.
    or
    -Using other daggers til 99, spend money on TT99, use it for one level, spend 30 gold, then get raptures.

The differences is 30 gold vs money lost on reselling FC + using good daggers for 15 levels.
  • PanicSwitch - Harshlands
    PanicSwitch - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOL so my lvl 80 sins with chill on 1 shotted someone as they demon sparked in full interval gear ill stick with sage ya i dont get 5 attacks a sec but i dont need them
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    LOL so my lvl 80 sins with chill on 1 shotted someone as they demon sparked in full interval gear ill stick with sage ya i dont get 5 attacks a sec but i dont need them

There's no reason that a demon Sin can't have spike DPH, just as there's no reason a sage Sin can get interval gears. Sage CoD is only 5 more attack levels. To put that into perspective, a sage Sin will have 65 attack levels with CoD and FB blessing while a demon Sin will have 60. Demon Wolf Emblem adds 40% to rage damage while sage adds 20%, so that pretty much balance out the spike damage for both cultivations. Even if we do ignore Wolf Emblem, it's much easier for a demon Sin to match the 5 extra attack levels of sage Sin. You can add extra refines on weapon, or givie up 5 sockets for DoT then make up the HP lost with extra refines on armors.

On the other hand, it's much harder for sage Sin to match the DPS of his demon counter part. It's either you both have the same DPS, and demon has spend less money on interval gears, or that you guys spend the same amount and you are always behind. Even at end game with full intervals and having spent 580-680 mil more (depends if demon's using rank 4 or rank 6 plate) than a demon sin, you'll still be 20% behind in DSP.
  • PanicSwitch - Harshlands
    PanicSwitch - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im not saying demon sin suck im saying that when you use interval gear from lvl 60 70 80 and your lvl 100 your gone to get owned by someone useing gear there lvl no matter what you shard with your just gone to take more dmg then them and the only time pvp last more then 2 secs is barb vs barb or barb vs something with really high evasion

im gone to be doing spike dmg for sure but im still not 100% on demon or sage
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    True enough. But on the topic of taking the cost of the daggers into account, it's either not use them and count them towards the final cost of Nirvana daggers or use them and count the 30 gold.

Of course. That is, unless you already have the required manufacture skill.
    Because you'd have to wait til 99 to use daggers as good as ones you could've started using at 85. 85-99 is quite a few levels, so getting and using FC til 100 saves you the 30 gold for getting BS, and then you can resell it after getting Nirvana to get the money back.

I have to say that I don't agree here. For one, 85-90, Hook and Thorn is more desirable than FC daggers. At 90, you'd be comparing 36-38 dexterity versus 14-15 dexterity, 72 phys dmg and +1% crit. And no, I wouldn't consider refines at this point since the difference is only 1 grade and it's unlikely that you'll go into the higher (>+7) refines at this level, unless you had somehow planned to use the FC dagger as endgame.

I'd say that the only daggers worth considering for endgame would be Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, the higher Nirvanas and Hitman Legend. Or well, I suppose some of them could do well for DPH.
    -Spending almost no money on the FC daggers, maybe 10% lost, and then spend money on TT99 + raptures.
    or
    -Using other daggers til 99, spend money on TT99, use it for one level, spend 30 gold, then get raptures.

Both of those options need to buy you the TT99 dagger, so that's not really a concern. You end up comparing 30 gold to the 18-20 million you'd have to pay for the FC daggers. And for the record, at 450,000 each, you'd end up paying 13.77 million for the manufacture. As far as I see, that's 4-6 million less. And I doubt that anyone would want to buy gold when it's at 450,000 each.

And believe me, I'd rather pay the 14 million for the manufact and do it myself than trust someone else with over 100,000,000 coins worth of my stuff.

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    im not saying demon sin suck im saying that when you use interval gear from lvl 60 70 80 and your lvl 100 your gone to get owned by someone useing gear there lvl no matter what you shard with your just gone to take more dmg then them and the only time pvp last more then 2 secs is barb vs barb or barb vs something with really high evasion

I can't really respond to this part since I can't comprehend (understand/get)it.

Both of those options need to buy you the TT99 dagger, so that's not really a concern.

Exactly, and this brings us back to what started it all. You do need to count the cost of TT99 gold into the cost of Nirvana because you can't just use TT80 til 100 (which I'm doing), having only enough money for the raptures and make Nirvana, without spending more money on TT90 and TT99.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Exactly, and this brings us back to what started it all. You do need to count the cost of TT99 gold into the cost of Nirvana because you can't just use TT80 til 100 (which I'm doing), having only enough money for the raptures and make Nirvana, without spending more money on TT90 and TT99.

Of course, the TT99 is a part of it.

And yes, of course, buying an FC dagger and then selling it later does get you less minus than buying a level 8 blacksmith. However, if you're gonna bother with Nirvana, there's really no reason not to have the level 8 manufacts. After all, you're stepping into the endgame, you'll eventually have it.

And there's also the issue that having someone else manufacture your Nirvanas means you're ready to trust them with over 100,000,000 of your stuff. And looking at all the "OH MY I GOT ****!" posts, I'd say that yes, there are people who'd just turn around and walk away with your 100 Raptures and your TT99 weapon.

Really, the only reason I'd see to get an FC dagger would be if you, for some reason, despise the TT90 dagger. Which is kinda strange, since it isn't exactly bad.

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Really, the only reason I'd see to get an FC dagger would be if you, for some reason, despise the TT90 dagger. Which is kinda strange, since it isn't exactly bad.

because i got my fc daggers when all there was was a crappy 90 gold that cost twice as much and no 80 green/90 green/ rank 6 b:surrender
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington