Suddenly experiencing crashing issues.

Kayah - Raging Tide
Kayah - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Support Desk
I have never before had a problem with this game yet suddenly today I have had numerous crashes to desktop. First it freezes up for a few seconds, then a flash of black screen then just exits out to desktop.

This is proving very frustrating for me, and any squad I happen to be in considering it just exited to desktop right when I was needed, probably caused a squad wipe due to this crashing >.< I don't want to end up with people thinking I'm abandoning things mid way through... Sorry to anyone I was squadded with if you come across this!

Anyway, I'm at a loss as to what's going on. This is a new pc, about two months old, very high spec so that's not an issue. I even tried lowing everything to the minimal in game settings to see if that would prevent the problem.

I have also checked the temperature to check the cards aren't overheating or anything simular. Checked virtual memory as it's running, no problems appear there either...

I haven't noticed a pattern in the crashing either. Time playing doesn't show a pattern either. Early it was running for an hour and a half or so before it crashed, just now was about fifteen mins.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what could be wrong? Is it worth uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that resolves the issue?

Once again sorry to anyone I was in a squad with you come across this. Didn't mean to leave you stranded...

EDIT : Just an after thought on something I should have added. I have had no problems with any other game, have been happily able to stream and watch television on my computer with no problems. This is the only thing I'm experiencing problems with.
Post edited by Kayah - Raging Tide on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Copy and paste the top half of your dxdiag into your forum post (that means 50% of the text). If you have Vista, please take out the (TM) (the trademark symbol) out of the text file, as the forums will cut it off and won't display the rest of the text.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file. This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

We'll take a look at it, and offer our advice (or our super cool and helpful community might beat us to answering things for you).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera