"User does not exist."

LinneaSage - Raging Tide
LinneaSage - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Support Desk
I did a forum search, and couldn't find any topics with this problem, so I figured I'd post.

It doesn't make the game unplayable, but recently I've been getting this "User does not exist" popup when I exit from in-game to char select screen sometimes. When it happens, it'll take me to the character selection screen, but there aren't any characters listed...it's completely blank.

Exiting that screen and logging in again (have to use force log) brings up the character selection screen like normal.

Again, not really an all-important issue, as I can still log back in when it happens, but it's only been happening since I came back to PWI about a week or two ago; never happened before then.

New bug, or am I the only one who's having this happen quite frequently?
Post edited by LinneaSage - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's an old bug that seems to pop up on some systems, but not on others. As far as I'm concerned, it only happens on the old box that I use for mules --- but then, I rarely go back to the char selection on the box I use to actually play. On that box, I see other bugs :-)

The most annoying result of the "user does not exist" bug is that it resets the time you have to wait until you can trade again. It doesn't allow players to get cash items for free, so I guess that's why it doesn't get fixed --- it doesn't hurt them.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng