PWI can be bad for ur computer or im wrong?

Golassic - Harshlands
Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Support Desk
well i scann my computer every day and i got a trojan in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ChiBiUpdatePack normaly i delete it ... but today i wanned to see why i get that virus again and again. searched in google and understand that deleting/editing files and stuff from HKLM can *destroy* ur computer ...while searching i found 1 site:

http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=76356

i catched it from another site? or its from the game? or its my computer? is it really dangerous? and can someone tell me what i can do to delete it

PS: Sorry for my bad english and if i didnt understand right g000.gif
Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Golassic - Harshlands on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Trojan not from PWI.

You got the virus somewhere else plain and simple.

That specific one probably came from a fake "Bot" program. it's designed to steal your login data so someone can "****" your account.

most people get those from trying to cheat, then when someone uses the data gathered to login, they QQ theat their account got "****".

Fact. PWI cannot be "****" At least people can't get your info without using a method such as this. Or if you're gullible enough to actually give someone your login data.

Also Note, HKLM is just part of your registry. You're only seeing it there because the file in question is referenced in your system registry.

You get it again and again because you A. have not gotten rid of the source, or B, keep running the same cheat program over and over. (which is essentially the same as A.) Do a deep virus scan or bet a better program like Avira.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Trojan not from PWI.

That specific one probably came from a fake "Bot" program. it's designed to steal your login data so someone can "****" your account.

most people get those from trying to cheat, then when someone uses the data gathered to login, they QQ theat their account got "****".

Fact. PWI cannot be "****" At least people can't get your info without using a method such as this. Or if you're gullible enough to actually give someone your login data.

i used 1 program along time ago but it wasnt on this computer this thing showed up before a month or two... can i do something to delete it?

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Added some things while you were quoting me. Also noted, this should be moved to the "Technical Support" forum.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Added some things while you were quoting me. Also noted, this should be moved to the "Technical Support" forum.

sry for that 2

so the only thing i can do is deleting a program?
    how i can understand what i need to delete

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Trojan not from PWI.

Also Note, HKLM is just part of your registry. You're only seeing it there because the file in question is referenced in your system registry.

You get it again and again because you A. have not gotten rid of the source, or B, keep running the same cheat program over and over. (which is essentially the same as A.) Do a deep virus scan or bet a better program like Avira.

You know, I could feel that some anti-virus programs/site advisors can also bring fake positives. I never met one, myself.
    Talking about a cheating device while he is not even sure what is going on is a grave accusation, imo.

Golassic, you should send a ticket to support for this or hope for a reply by a GM here.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You may an to give this a try Trojan
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i used 1 program along time ago but it wasnt on this computer this thing showed up before a month or two... can i do something to delete it?

Nice.....
    b:chuckle
    Also Allisandre, that be incorrect. PWI can be ****. Any human made tech can be **** rather easily (except toasters, blenders, etc for some odd reason probably because we can't enhance those any further).
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    You may an to give this a try Trojan

does that really work?isnt that fake or something o.o? can i get more viruses with it O.O?

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Nice.....
    Also Allisandre, that be incorrect. PWI can be ****. Any human made tech can be **** rather easily (except toasters, blenders, etc for some odd reason probably because we can't enhance those any further).

methinks hamsta is unfamiliar with the british institution that is Top Gear.. i present the V8 Blender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    does that really work?isnt that fake or something o.o? can i get more viruses with it O.O?

xD
    Humans be so amusing!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Google Malwarebytes. Completly safe, and it helped me get rid of MyWebSearch on 3 of my friend's computers b:victory

(Broke firefox on one of them though b:surrender)
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?