PK changes that could be made

Options
Ignathas - Sanctuary
Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
many ppl start talking about pk but not in the right section :)
so here it is - yesterday i tried to pk for the 1st time.. waht do i see after coming myself and inviting a few others? like 20 people standing around smoking weed and drinking, instead of the pk.. some guy lost his shorts and was crying about it for hours, dont think he got them back in the end.. anyways i got bored soon enough even tho it was my 1st time and supposed to be exciting..
point is: there is no Area for PK.. the only decent grounds for normal pk is TW - you have a goal there, a large area, someone guarding ur back, actually can see an enemy coming at you.. in so called 'PK' you either smoke weed, or shoot someone and listen to him calling you noob - why in pk mode then - or get 1 hitted by someone from behind.. is this PK? or as i heard from others but havent seen - regicide comes and kills everyone out of safezone - is this pk? in this game it needs A Lot of changes.. even on youtube videos in pk servers waht i see is ppl fly-land, shoot/protect - well ok its way better then here but there is no Room for pk, no Prizes, no Fun in general..
what changes would i like?
1st. a TW instance to be available to access 24/7 for those in PK mode (without territory win) + normal TW on weekends as it is now
2nd. it could be 1 area for all - but then need to think on the 2 sides fighting - how will they be divided
3rd. it could be like Liquid vs Amplified or smth like that - lets say same stuff as tw, but available 24/7, once crystal is dead map resets and can re-enter and fight again, or choose a different opponent faction..
4th. could be not only TW zone, but developers could create other PK zones, even determined on lvl 0-80 and lvl 80-100 or smth like that.
5th. those PK zones could have bosses - you kill them and you get good drops, but you can be PK'ed at the same time, then those who wipe all the players get the chance to kill the boss and take the drops
6th. as someone mentioned smth - could also be events/zones as 'last man standing'
7th. in pwe, and in community/graphics, wings/mounts and everything this game is awesome - but Not in PVP
i think i would rly love this game if the PK stuff was changed here.. atm its just ppl dancing around and dueling instead of PKing, while the only fun thing pvp based is TW..
Post edited by Ignathas - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    PvP on Sanct is like in every other PvE server. Some 7x noobs kill each other, they get angry and call more people. In the end, Regi/Vindicate/Nef comes and kills everyone and land is in peace again.

You really should go check LC or HL. Make a level 1 cleric and fly to West Arch gate. It's not much different there though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    its what im talking about - it could be way better in all the game >> new pk zones, instances, etc. not just 'safe zone and outside safe zone' - pretty much no motivation to pk
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    PvP on Sanct is like in every other PvE server. Some 7x noobs kill each other, they get angry and call more people. In the end, Regi/Vindicate/Nef comes and kills everyone and land is in peace again.

You really should go check LC or HL. Make a level 1 cleric and fly to West Arch gate. It's not much different there though.

b:chuckle i actually did this a while ago xD i have 3 alts in 3 different places, but like you said... it honestly isnt that much different just on a larger scale in some cases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle i actually did this a while ago xD i have 3 alts in 3 different places, but like you said... it honestly isnt that much different just on a larger scale in some cases.

Yeah and when some PK actually happens, it's usually just high level people RPKing everything that moves.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Sounds like another game I used to play :O Killing sprees b:dirty

+1 to this
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't know what happened, maybe someone was pissed, but one day outside west arch:

GRAVEYARD.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Play a different MMO if you want good PvP, it is what I do ^_^ Talk of change falls on deaf ears here :p
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yesterday i tried to pk for the 1st time.. waht do i see after coming myself and inviting a few others? like 20 people standing around smoking weed and drinking, instead of the pk.. some guy lost his shorts and was crying about it for hours
    lmfao epic how u described it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zabuzan - Sanctuary
    Zabuzan - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I really don't see anyting wrong with the safety zone and stuff for pk areas silver pool is a great place to PK, secret passage is great for PK, west arch is good and other places are their too but those are just the most popular atm i see what you are saying about instances where we could PK like in TW n shiit but lets just face it I doubt that'll happen so u got to make due with what we got and it aint so bad really cuz despite Sanc being a PVE server alot of people PK I got 130 hours in 3 days when I hit 80 so for me soo far it aint half bad
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^^ y.. but hope dies last.. maybe someday somehow game developers will make smth good of the pk in general, another awesome thing would be for me not to have to wake up at 4:00 in the morning on weekends for tws, could at least be more different times :)
    good song about gms improving pk in pwi :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzFlUiPvwQ8

>> i was playing another game but 2 years ago hackers took over and recently i loged to their forums - and bugs still not fixed, gms there are being 1 hitted by hackers, and turkish game in general b:cute 2 years ago it was members who were 1 hitted by hackers, and after 2 years of fighting its gms who are being 1hitted by hackers now.. improvement ftw :D
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    some guy lost his shorts and was crying about it for hours,

Well, the game probably doesn't tell you anything about the risks, and if you don't already know it...

First few times you turn on PK, the game should probably make you type something like "I understand and accept that I can loose items, including cash items" in big red letters to ensure people actually know what they are getting themselves into.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Play a different MMO if you want good PvP, it is what I do ^_^ Talk of change falls on deaf ears here :p

:O you still play A***??? I thought you all quit on me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    come to fake pw or xtreme server if u want decent pk :PP
  • Touch_Me - Lost City
    Touch_Me - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PWE needs to put back in the Arena + expand it to involve cross server team pk competitions. Would be interesting if they allowed you to bet/win certain items in PK tournaments.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    :O you still play A***??? I thought you all quit on me lol.

Ah, just noticed this xD

Yeah Vincent and I still play :) Think serum still plays on the original server that we all started on, well that merged into other servers as a way to increase server populations. Vincent and I moved servers and changed races ;p
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ah, just noticed this xD

Yeah Vincent and I still play :) Think serum still plays on the original server that we all started on, well that merged into other servers as a way to increase server populations. Vincent and I moved servers and changed races ;p

Lol so everyone else quit? Well, I would have continued if it wasn't for college.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol so everyone else quit? Well, I would have continued if it wasn't for college.

Mmm pretty much as to my knowledge. Lost contact with snowfoxx a few months ago. Think Magnate finally gave up, which is a shame because he became a beast templar x) I only started up about two weeks ago.

Pssh! Excuses! All A's here my junior year of college and I gamed everyday. Let's go Shand. If you have time for RT (lol) you have time for a real game :p
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pssh! Excuses! All A's here my junior year of college and I gamed everyday. Let's go Shand. If you have time for RT (lol) you have time for a real game :p

Psshhhh I'll wait for GW2 ty. **** seems to be dying now anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You rich guys should host last man standing tournaments or some kind of organized pvp. If you are waiting for epic random pvp to pop back up then you are doing it wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Psshhhh I'll wait for GW2 ty. **** seems to be dying now anyways.

It's not ;o

GW2 ew... Shand why D=
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's not ;o

GW2 ew... Shand why D=

No grinding. And I like the PvP there. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so here it is - yesterday i tried to pk for the 1st time.. waht do i see after coming myself and inviting a few others? like 20 people standing around smoking weed and drinking, instead of the pk.. some guy lost his shorts and was crying about it for hours, dont think he got them back in the end.

I think you're getting PW and a frat party's 'secret' room confused. b:avoid
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No grinding. And I like the PvP there. :P

Grinding is wonderful n_n
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    when people die and drop things in pk, and instantly someone picks it up and trades it back to that person, there is no longer pk, just tea parties :D
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

i never see you there D:
    but yea ive been camping in WG,SP, and OT watching pk for months now on LC. only difference in any pk is the skill. LC beats us ofc but otherwise theres still the same old qq bring the big guns/guildies pk as usual XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lust - youre only 2 seconds faster then me b:shutup
    ofc archer vs archer it doesnt mean that much does it b:surrender oh well, fat fingers..
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You rich guys should host last man standing tournaments or some kind of organized pvp. If you are waiting for epic random pvp to pop back up then you are doing it wrong.

Lies :O sometimes there are the random pk wars in silver pool xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~