Best DD Pet ( Damage Dealing)

Options
_LeaderAlan_ - Lost City
_LeaderAlan_ - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
What pet is best for DAMAGE! RARRR!
Yes, I have read around got many answers lets see what you guys/ girls have to say.

Please put more then one.
ATM can not pay for a herc.

THANK YOU XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TY Forsaken
Post edited by _LeaderAlan_ - Lost City on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    everybody else is gonna say dark wanderer and varicose scorpion. they're right, but i'm a contrarian, so i'll go with the cloud skatefish --- mainly for its two bashes. it can't take a beating worth a damn, but so long as you keep those bashes on cooldown --- maybe even add a third, if you're really crazy --- it can sure dish out a beating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _LeaderAlan_ - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Veins Scorpioc Spawn ?
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I am looking for dd only and land.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I am looking for dd only and land.

The magic hamster pet has teh best DD and works on the land, air, and seas.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dark wanderer and variscose scorpion seem to have the best damage.
    the scorpion can be found around city of the lost. It was one of the options for your first pet tame quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The magic hamster pet has teh best DD and works on the land, air, and seas.
    b:avoid

We know what you do with hamsters. =(
    edited July 2010
    Options

eh? b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

it's a shameful waste of the duct tape, too.

really, a superconducting magnet would do the job just as well and with less hair loss, but he just won't listen to that, will he?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eh? b:puzzled

Most people use gerbils guess if you need something bigger you could use the magic hammster b:cry
    edited July 2010
    Options
    scorpion is only a little better then a walker this is sad >.<
    Why not make 2 walkers then I got a back up tank ROFL.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Most people use gerbils guess if you need something bigger you could use the magic hammster b:cry

This is the exact moment the thread went from good fun to full on creepy...

And there's a thread stickied which answers this very question... Post TB, and leaving the Nix out of the equation, the Dark Wanderer has the best dps. If you want to turn it into a psycho killer Claw+Bash is the way to go, i would add Howl so the pet adds to the caster's damage as well and either Ream for PvP or an elemental Bash for PvE.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    everybody else is gonna say dark wanderer and varicose scorpion. they're right, but i'm a contrarian, so i'll go with the cloud skatefish --- mainly for its two bashes. it can't take a beating worth a damn, but so long as you keep those bashes on cooldown --- maybe even add a third, if you're really crazy --- it can sure dish out a beating.

Then we need to break it up into categories.

Best DPS pet for land.
    Best DPS pet for air.
    Best DPS pet for lolwater.

IMO at this stage of my career, the Annoying Scorpion is my go-to DPS.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Best DPS pet for land.
    Best DPS pet for air.

From my common knowledge from reading the forums and getting advice from people:

Best DPS pet for land - Dark Wanderer or Scorpion
    Best DPS pet for air - Petite Sawfly or Cloud Skatefish
    Best DPS pet for water - Just go tame one of those fat fishies.

Although, there's so many options out there for a non-cash shopper or one that does not plan to get a herc or nix. Let me rephrase that, plenty of options for ALL venos in regards to pets. Just depends on personal play style. If I had more pet bag slots, I'd get myself a ranged pet, Wanderer, and Ninetails myself b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Best DPS pet for land.
    Best DPS pet for air.

IMO at this stage of my career, the Annoying Scorpion is my go-to DPS.

Actually more complicated than that. Best DPS at range, best dps for mag aoe, best dps for phys aoe best ranged for both, best air is no contest, and best water isn't worth discussing.

Many are assuming the Dark Wanderer has the best DPS w/o skills for a land pet since I posted the stats. No one else to my knowledge has posted the stats of a 90+ Sea Monster to compare. The DW no doubt has unparalleled value as a high DPS (if not highest) w/high pdef and w/o skills, but after level 101, only the most ardent players will actively continue to level the non legendary pets.

There is also no hard rules on DPS. Some bosses are weaker to certain elements, some to phys. Some have AoE, some don't (pertinent to venos). Some situations have pet skills welcomed, while some don't (pets atk rate changes this), duration and rate of attack can affect dps during HF, and Amp as well.

At level 100+, the essential pets are the legendarys, and one of the ranged cactopod pets from Eden. A water pet is nice, but it's so infrequently used that it's not worth getting into.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    At level 100+, the essential pets are the legendarys, and one of the ranged cactopod pets from Eden. A water pet is nice, but it's so infrequently used that it's not worth getting into unless you PK often in Dragon Temple.

Fixed for the accurate truth. b:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately we need to work on what we know to be reliable data, (bites the bullet) Tweakz is absolutely right on this however, we do not yet have all the info. Then again, a large part of the fun in being a veno is fuguring these things out...
    edited July 2010
    Options
    it's a shameful waste of the duct tape, too.

really, a superconducting magnet would do the job just as well and with less hair loss, but he just won't listen to that, will he?

Me nommed through the superconducting magnet.
    b:sweat

:<
    that be rather disturbing.
    Dx
    This is the exact moment the thread went from good fun to full on creepy...

and me agree.
    D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Fixed for the accurate truth. b:chuckle

b:surrender b:thanks
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately we need to work on what we know to be reliable data, (bites the bullet) Tweakz is absolutely right on this however, we do not yet have all the info. Then again, a large part of the fun in being a veno is fuguring these things out...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkanbisekai.wikiwiki.jp%2F%3F%25CD%25C5%25C0%25BA%25CD%25D1%25A5%25DA%25A5%25C3%25A5%25C8%252F%25C0%25AE%25C4%25B9%25B5%25AD%25CF%25BF

u mean this??? for accurate data XD

just figured out the atk-formula of nix,... made a topic about it,...

scorpion wins on land,... at lvl 100+ it has over 100atk more than the walker,... ;-) in situations where skills r nice, like on that timerboss in tt 3-X
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rinuruc wrote: »
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkanbisekai.wikiwiki.jp%2F%3F%25CD%25C5%25C0%25BA%25CD%25D1%25A5%25DA%25A5%25C3%25A5%25C8%252F%25C0%25AE%25C4%25B9%25B5%25AD%25CF%25BF

u mean this??? for accurate data XD

just figured out the atk-formula of nix,... made a topic about it,...

scorpion wins on land,... at lvl 100+ it has over 100atk more than the walker,... ;-) in situations where skills r nice, like on that timerboss in tt 3-X

That's a nice link, although the names of the pets (translated no doubt from another version) make it somewhat unclear if it includes TB pets, which is precisely the point...
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's a nice link, although the names of the pets (translated no doubt from another version) make it somewhat unclear if it includes TB pets, which is precisely the point...

it does,... just know which pet has what starting level, and than think a bit about its walking speed and u got it,... (hamy is nix and the other ones i dont know without looking at that link again,... and scope dot r so is the scorp,... n the walker is something very long named at lvl 19,... ;-) )
    u can figure out which pet is what,... the guy at ecatomb did so too, when i posted that link on guestbook of ecatomb,... so check ecatomb for the right names, but till now he only put up the extra info of lvl 90 n 100, n not the rest of it,... ;-) but if u wnna know which name is what, just use ecatomb for the right numbers