QueenGoddess - Harshlands
QueenGoddess - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Archer
Ok so i got 3 characters
lvl80 archer
lvl68 venomancer
lvl65 cleric

Here are my Problems
-being a veno is too time consuming on training your pet although they do save a lot of money on potions

-being a cleric i waste way too much mp and i die too quick especially when it comes to archers killing me in pvp battles or duels. Yea i always get to be in a squad right away for bh and TT and stuff like that but it's very mana consuming when it comes to cleric skills.

-Being an Archer is Ok i guess but when it comes to potions i have hard time buying them for mp and hp. and archer had very bad hp and mp regenerations so it's hard for me to get mp and hp back up. i do apothecary but those take have a long cooldown and stuff and arrows can get expensive after a while.

I really wanna be a Archer but the this problems keeps coming up for me give me some tips Friendly archers??
Post edited by QueenGoddess - Harshlands on

Comments

• QueenGoddess - Harshlands
    QueenGoddess - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    please guys i really need your advice
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    .... You're doing it wrong in general.

Veno: Cube room 4. /endtopic
    Cleric: Apoth pots/event pots, and get better at playing the class in general.
    Archer: Only buy level 1 ammo, make sure to actually pick up ammo from mob drops, and stop spamming skills so much that you need MP pots. You should be using maybe 2 skills per mob and then using winged shell to recover the MP from those skills. If monsters are still able to hit you when you do it right, you're either grinding the wrong monsters, missing the monsters enough for them to get a hit in, or your stats are poorly placed and you're doing low damage.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    knockback + stun + wingspan + killing mobs that dont agro other mobs that are around + using nub arrows + restating to Dex for DD + killing those mobs that cant reach you = 0 money wasted, mobs dead, money saved, playing not that fun but costs nothing..
    my case:
    cloud eruption + barrage 20 mobs + die in 2 seconds = failed b:cute
  • Mercinary - Heavens Tear
    Mercinary - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You all can go look up a guide yourselves for the basics but here's some things I learned through MANY deaths and party wipes.

Tip 1: Barrage How does a party wipe usually occur? It can be someone luring too many mobs, Tank unable to hold agro, etc. But what it usually comes down to is a dead cleric. If the cleric does their job right they'll try to BB when extra mobs are brought which brings agro towards the cleric. Barrage prevents that because its a constant AoE and with a large radius it will most likely agro everything attacking the cleric. Try to pick something in the middle of the mobs and with increased defense or increased life if possible.

Tip 2: Agro Recovery You are notorious for stealing agro, so how do you survive this problem if the boss can 2 hit you? Put up your invincibility!!! 1. Winged Shell, 2. Wings of Grace, (2.5. Master Li's Technique,) 3. Spark. Depending on if you went Sage or Demon you'll get some extra time where you shouldn't get hurt since Sage should be able to Sage spark while demons will be stuck using Double Spark, either way you'll be invincible for a short while and plenty of time for the Tank to get agro back. Considering you do tons of damage you shouldn't spark or use chi at all or you're guaranteed to take agro. (unless you're in a TT and stealing agro is hard even from a Herc)

Tip 3: Killing without getting hurt I have come up with a combo that keeps mobs away from me til at least 1/2 of their health is gone, requires you to Max aim low and max stun. 1. Aim low, 2. 4 normal attacks, 3. Stun arrow, 4. 2 normal attacks, 5. Knockback, 6. Winged Shield, 7. Kite or finish off the mob how you see fit. I attack at .77 att per sec so you may have to adjust this to your attack speed although its not much of a difference.

Tip 4: Necessity CARRY JIAOZI!!!! You are Squishy! You draw agro! You may be able to take a few hits but it won't matter if your hp doesn't go up, you'll still die! Even with BB healing and reduced damage I still take a pounding! Jiaozi has a lower cool-down and restores more hp than a normal potion! This little bread is enough to make you just un-squishy enough to survive especially when saving a cleric with BArrage and you're being ganked by 4-5 things at once.

Tip 5: Secondary Weapon Personally I don't like the idea of stopping my attacks every so often because I'll steal agro so what I do is carry a cheap little slingshot that i got in a boss drop. Luckily it add's 165 hp which helps a little bit. I suggest getting a HP weapon for yourself as well. My damage is reduced to 1/2 but because of your high crit rate that shouldn't be a problem considering I've still pulled agro off of a BM and a Herc with my slingshot
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I hope im wrong but im going to assume you put points in vit like many archers do (some outta personal choise, some because a freind told them it will make them "less squishy") thinking that it will help you survive alot more. Unfortunately it doesnt 1 point of vit gives you 10 hp (i think) and 1 point of dex gives you 20-40(im just makeing a genral guess) phys attack so basicly your dex is what is going to keep you from dieing

Also again like most the ppl above me you dont need to spam skills (exept for metal on some types of mobs, or a cleric that uses shell). I realy wouldnt use any DoT exept under some certain and rare circumstance (you havent said you do but im assumeing you do since alotta archers who complain about mp spam DoTs). Hope ive helped ya a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mercinary - Heavens Tear
    Mercinary - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I hope im wrong but im going to assume you put points in vit like many archers do (some outta personal choise, some because a freind told them it will make them "less squishy") thinking that it will help you survive alot more. Unfortunately it doesnt 1 point of vit gives you 10 hp (i think) and 1 point of dex gives you 20-40(im just makeing a genral guess) phys attack so basicly your dex is what is going to keep you from dieing

Yes 1 vit gives 10 hp and won't do much if you only have and extra 20 vit in your base stats.

If you're gonna add vitality you might as well go pure vit build or else you're just nerfing yourself. 200 hp isnt worth nerfing your damage or crit rate, but if you have 50 vit aka 500 hp it may be worth it. Just remember your damage and crit rate will be affected and there's a higher chance you will take a hit instead of the general archer pew pew before the mobs even reaches you.

MP wise, you shouldn't have a problem. If you're grinding, grind on 1 mob at a time and start off with Frost Arrow and normal attack, time your knockback (if the mob's not gonna die soon) so you don't get hit. This will be easy for mele mobs but ranged mobs are going to require some practice.

Don't spam skills, which is what many archers do (I've done this myself until lvl 60's and then felt like an idiot after wasting a few mil on charms to keep my mp up) because that is costly and inneffective.

If a mob spawns next to you while grinding use winged shell, winged pledge, knockback, stun, and pew pew. Otherwise just do the basic instinct, winged shell and fly away :)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Looks like good advice so far.

Don't forget your genie skills: Earthquake is a great knockback skill, and has a chance to cancel a mob's channeling.

There's Second Wind for HP recovery as well as ToP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    See that "O" key on your keyboard? PRESS IT! PRESS IT NAO!
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeahh...truthfully if you're spamming pots, you're doing something wrong >>;;
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes 1 vit gives 10 hp and won't do much if you only have and extra 20 vit in your base stats.

This would be true if you were playing a wizard or a cleric.

I think archers get 13 health per point of vitality.

Meanwhile, barbarians only get 17 health per point of vitality, and they lose aggro holding capacity when they buy vitality and yet some of them think vitality can be useful to them.

(But if you buy vitality, you should expect to take some damage in PvE unless you always fight in squad.)
    edited August 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    This would be true if you were playing a wizard or a cleric.

I think archers get 13 health per point of vitality.

Meanwhile, barbarians only get 17 health per point of vitality, and they lose aggro holding capacity when they buy vitality and yet some of them think vitality can be useful to them.

(But if you buy vitality, you should expect to take some damage in PvE unless you always fight in squad.)

no archers get 10 hp per vit i belive its blade masters who get 13 per vit (may be 15 i dont remember)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't go Sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    no archers get 10 hp per vit i belive its blade masters who get 13 per vit (may be 15 i dont remember)

Incorrect.
    Archers get 13.35 HP per vit.

Barbs get 17 per vit and BMs get 15 per vit.

im sure its some weird decimal like archers as well but thats the closest rounded number
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    no archers get 10 hp per vit

I do not know where you got that information from but a level 2 archer with 5 vitality has 91 hp, while a level 2 archer with 6 vitality has 104 hp.
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't go Sage.

Is that troll post ???? What's wrong with Sage ????? I'll go demon myself , but if the OP likes sage skills more , really what's the problem with that ????
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2010

b:surrender
    Incorrect.
    Archers get 13.35 HP per vit.

Barbs get 17 per vit and BMs get 15 per vit.

im sure its some weird decimal like archers as well but thats the closest rounded number

and to add to what zhadi said,
    Barb - 17 hp
    Bm - 15 hp
    Archer/Sin - 13 hp
    Veno - 12 hp
    Cleric/Wiz/Psy - 10 hp
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Is that troll post ???? What's wrong with Sage ????? I'll go demon myself , but if the OP likes sage skills more , really what's the problem with that ????

no sage is just worse than demon in every way in pvp

it is better if you can afford rank 8 for pve claw tanking but thats about it
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited August 2010
    no sage is just worse than demon in every way in pvp

it is better if you can afford rank 8 for pve claw tanking but thats about it

That's why i told the OP it depends on what u want. Btw i love ur sig , since im from greece
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    edited August 2010
    b:surrender

and to add to what zhadi said,
    Barb - 17 hp
    Bm - 15 hp
    Archer/Sin - 13 hp
    Veno - 12 hp
    Cleric/Wiz/Psy - 10 hp

ehh realy dont matter you get more dmg pre dex than hp and phys def and elemental resist per vit anyway but could have sworn i read that it was 10 hp per vit some where
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That's why i told the OP it depends on what u want. Btw i love ur sig , since im from greece

Notice he's from HL. I'm sure his Sage PvE archer will be wanted there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is every problem with Sage. All of the skills are the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2010

obviously you haven't looked at their skills or you're too ignorant to admit something from the opposing side is better. I am a defender of Demon and there's no way i'd ever reroll to sage, but saying that EVERY skill on sage side is bad is just stupid.

Read this and stop being so ignorant
    edited August 2010

Im defender of Demon too , but ermmmm are u serious ???
    Proud Male Venomancer <