TB Hair for other races..?

Stealthfox - Raging Tide
Stealthfox - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Chronicles
I've noticed a few people walking around with those female tideborn hairstyles who, miraculously, aren't of the tideborn race!b:question I had read about a way to do that before (and of course I forget now that I'm actually interested in the topic), but I'm wondering if anybody would care to fill me in on how to get those hairstyles for other races? I remember there was a big debate over whether or not it was messing with game files or whatever, so if anybody could drop me some info on the topic, it'd be much appreciated b:shy
Post edited by Stealthfox - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pretty sure that's bannable since you have to edit the coding of the game or something. SS the person and send in a ticket.
  • Stealthfox - Raging Tide
    Stealthfox - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pretty sure that's bannable since you have to edit the coding of the game or something. SS the person and send in a ticket.

Well I remember there was a debate on the topic about whether or not it crossed the line, but I can't remember what the decision was. I'm not going to start messing with the game coding but I'm going to consider it until a gm/mod verifies if it is indeed bannable.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tch, I wish Tideborn had Human and Veno hairstyles. I hate how annoyingly elaborate ours are. Mermaids have plainer styles, too!
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    bannable yes but usually no action is taken, i see plenty of high levels (90+) with too skinny stick bodies, TB hair, and other edited features that are against the rules but never get banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    bannable yes but usually no action is taken, i see plenty of high levels (90+) with too skinny stick bodies, TB hair, and other edited features that are against the rules but never get banned.
    :P Probably because no one bothered to try turning them in or just never noticed, somehow.

I agree with Ilwyn...I wish hairstyles could be shared between the races...would give so much more variety, especially for the Tideborn since they have the least choices, it seems.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    jaeseu wrote: »
    :P Probably because no one bothered to try turning them in or just never noticed, somehow.

I agree with Ilwyn...I wish hairstyles could be shared between the races...would give so much more variety, especially for the Tideborn since they have the least choices, it seems.

It is bannable, although most I believe just get a warning to change it. I even figured out a way to do so without direct tampering of files and they said it wasn't allowed. The final say from GMs was that you can't do this (both on forums, also even wrote a private message and the response was the same), and when I noticed an increasing amount of people doing it I sent in a ticket and got the following response:

"Modifying the game files in any way, which includes moving files between folders, is against the Terms of Service.

However, there are a number of fashion items which allow you to use different hair, allowing you to wear hairstyles that you ordinarily could not use."

So... there you go. In short, Tideborn hairs right now should not be on any race except tideborns. Doubt people will stop though.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It is a violation of the ToS, as you have to modify certain files in order to get those hair styles. Just as well, abnormally colored hair (such as the garnet red) also can only be achieved through the editing of these files.

As an honest member of the community, I say screenshot it and send a ticket in. However, that is what basically everyone says to do. The unoffical stance of the community however is that if it doesn't affect the gameplay of others, don't worry about it. I won't say which of these is my opinion, but I think you could probably guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Weenie - Dreamweaver
    Weenie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just as well, abnormally colored hair (such as the garnet red) also can only be achieved through the editing of these files.

I could have sworn that 'garnet' red was one of the defaults.

I see people with TB hair that aren't TB all the time. Their characters look great, I approve. b:dirty
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I could have sworn that 'garnet' red was one of the defaults.

I see people with TB hair that aren't TB all the time. Their characters look great, I approve. b:dirty

For the female Blademaster, yes. However, I've myself seen several other classes, including an Assassin, running around with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For the female Blademaster, yes. However, I've myself seen several other classes, including an Assassin, running around with it.

This, been seeing other players with it as well when i am at arch most of the time.
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    **removed**
    Example:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Instead of banning people over something so silly such as wanting better hair templates, why not just update the textures and hair templates or make new hair styles for all races? Tideborn are a newer race and have improved hair texturing compared to previous styles. Wouldn't it make sense to update ALL hair templates and skin templates instead of just leaving them as they are then going and making a new race with much better texturing?
    I hear people complaining all the time about how it's unfair that races like humans and elves get ugly texturing and then Tideborn look so elaborate.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The better textures on TB models do come at the price of much narrower customization options. Since the adition of wigs t the boutique i very much doubt any effort will ever be made to improve on the options already available to players... If only they could add better hair options in the boutique...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yep, editing ini's isn't allowed.
This discussion has been closed.