Possible New Classes/Races?

SickPigeon - Raging Tide
SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
There have been plenty of rumors circulating about possible new races and/or classes which are going to be released along with the next expansion. And if you check the world map, there are huge plots of land unavailable to players. When you reach the borderline separating you from these land masses, the location reads "Upcoming".

Obviously new classes are being made. The only question is what are they? If PWI keeps the current structure for races/classes, it would mean 1 new race with 2 new classes. I hear they're designed to be soloist classes and one is a staff-wielding monk of some sort. This is most likely true. The only question is what could the other class possibly be? If they're soloist classes, would one be a secondary tanker capable of self-healing or something? And PWI has a pet system (I dislike the current structure of it though) but it lacks a summoner system. Could one of these classes be a summoner (I hope it's a necromancer).
Is the monk possibly a jack-of-all trades class like the druids in WoW? I want answers to these rumors and statements and I'm not willing to wait until the end of the summer. If you give it thought, the expansion will most likely be released during the end of summer or the beginning of fall.
Now.. Another question: what will this new race look like? Lizardmen from the desert or something? Humanoid beasts, bird-like elves, humans, and merpeople have already been created. Everyone should leave what they think or hope the new classes and race will be.
Post edited by SickPigeon - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You keep saying most likely, but it is a rumor, so no, it's not "most likely"
    Also, those areas have always said either "Unavailable" or "Upcoming"
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you ever read the description of the venomancer, you would find she is sometimes referred to as the necromancer. Right now, the veno is also the soloist class of this game.

Stop preaching your rumours and sit down and wait like everybody else, they're not about to tell you all of their future expansion plans or class releases just because you believe the rumours are true and you want to know. Patience is a virtue for a reason. You don't want to wait till the end of summer? Tough luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Obviously new classes are being made.

You don't know that for certain. Nobody does.... well, nobody except the PWI team and they won't say anything unless permitted to do so. For all we know, the world map may simply be made bigger and nothing more.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I hear they're designed to be soloist classes and one is a staff-wielding monk of some sort. This is most likely true.

Where did you hear that? And to be honest, we had the Rising Tide expansion not that long ago... there should be at least one other expansion between Rising Tide and another race addition expansion. Otherwise that new race would be totally screwed up like the Tideborns.

But somehow OP made me chuckle. What he lists... another summoner class, another tank class... reminds me of the Cursed.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yes, there will most likely be a new race by the end of this year. The squad size is being increased to 10. There is also a mention of this race in a few of the Tideborn quests, mentioning them as their mortal enemies. Nightspike or something of the sort. However, time will tell. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if another race is added they better let me make it so you can have 10 characters on one account sense i wnt to lvl & play every single class each one is so much funb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you give it thought, the expansion will most likely be released during the end of summer or the beginning of fall.

I seriously doubt this. The Tideborn still have to be smoothed out, at least from what I've read on various threads. And since PWI seems to care more about money than fixing bugs and the like, it's going to be a while.

No one can provide or clarify any of the information you're asking for. Nothing has been officially released on any sort of expansion since Rising Tide.

Unless you get it directly from the Devs/GMs on some official post, don't believe anything you read or hear.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wonder i they ever will revive this this, it sits far too long in the game files, but see for yourself...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/key/21
    edited July 2010
    I seriously doubt this. The Tideborn still have to be smoothed out, at least from what I've read on various threads. And since PWI seems to care more about money than fixing bugs and the like, it's going to be a while.

Well if you believe that PWI cares more about making money, then they will indeed bring out new classes around winter.... when it gets too cold for many people to go out and when gaming picks up, what will there be to fuel new pack sales and the such? Another new class. It was a little less than a year after closed beta ended that Tideborns were first mentioned, and we're starting to approach that time frame for them to release a new expansion preview in the next month or three. Really makes sense, and PWI is pretty predictable as well. I also expect the rest of the bottom of the map to be filled in by then.
  • Miiko - Dreamweaver
    Miiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Miiko: a Venomancer powered by coffee. c[_]

Dynasty recruiting people level 75+ ^-^
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well long ago when china said in their updates notes they was working on 10 person squads for some instances etc for later on the year, there was a rumor about 2 new classses to fill the squad to actual 10.

and those links to pw database actually show some skills books to none of our classses so. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wonder i they ever will revive this this, it sits far too long in the game files, but see for yourself...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/key/21

If you look at that link, at the top it lists all our current professions including a monk... and im guessing the other thing is a cinnabar? :\
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I consider a venomancer more of a beastmaster/druid type of class. They have pets, but are also skilled in combat without their pets, as well are more aligned with the energies of nature, not the dark arts.

A necro/summonor type class would more likely animate their own adds, which would be weaker individually than a venomancers pets, but summoned in larger quantities, as well as have different types of abilities, which would rely purely on manipulating their summons or whatever. They would have probably few, or no spells for the most part aside from boosting their minions, and would be completely dependent on their minions to deal damage and tank things for them.

Thats my take on how those two classes could be different anyway.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you look at that link, at the top it lists all our current professions including a monk... and im guessing the other thing is a cinnabar? :\

Monk..? BMs can basically be just that..
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2010

It's N/A魅灵, or "Charm Ling", by google =/ Or here are the google'd untranslated skills, so you can think where the whips should have gone to x.x and "Charm Ling" could have been our second pet/controller class, but no, they choose the psychic over "Ling" ='(
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I consider a venomancer more of a beastmaster/druid type of class. They have pets, but are also skilled in combat without their pets, as well are more aligned with the energies of nature, not the dark arts.

A necro/summonor type class would more likely animate their own adds, which would be weaker individually than a venomancers pets, but summoned in larger quantities, as well as have different types of abilities, which would rely purely on manipulating their summons or whatever. They would have probably few, or no spells for the most part aside from boosting their minions, and would be completely dependent on their minions to deal damage and tank things for them.

Thats my take on how those two classes could be different anyway.
    look at L2 (necromancer) and A**n summoner, is more of that type of summoner that debuffs rather than DD
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If they add a new race I'm thinking it will be demonic looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's N/A魅灵, or "Charm Ling", by google =/ Or here are the google'd untranslated skills, so you can think where the whips should have gone to x.x and "Charm Ling" could have been our second pet/controller class, but no, they choose the psychic over "Ling" ='(

Yeah I did the same thing, I dont see why they would include a class so similar to a veno though, maybe its a shapeshifter of some kind xD anyway enough speculation, time will tell!
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Whip weapons, first weapon you listed, was originally designed to be an alternative Venomancer weapon primarily for melee usage but was removed before the full beta version was released. Some versions of the game that we're not supposed to discuss actually completed the weapon type and implemented it for their versions.

Staff weapons are relatively recent additions to the database, though they appeared prior to Tideborn release, most likely as a post concept early production portion of the different classes they had under consideration for the release that later became Raging Tide and the Tideborn race.

Club weapons are partially implemented, though there's no TT or Lunar etc versions available in the game, take a trip to south archosaur blacksmith, look under polearm and see that you can actually craft many of these... The Ghoul Bane Mold that's pictured is primarily dropped by a boss in an Archosaur Legion attack of which hasn't happened to my knowledge on the PWI servers mostly because the mobs that have a very slight probability of dropping the item required to start this, nobody farms as they're dark orange to over 99% of the server due to the soft level cap. If they do start to become farmed (unlikely) an arch legion attack may occur, and you may start to see some of these ultra rare molds start to show up on the market.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Whip weapons, first weapon you listed, was originally designed to be an alternative Venomancer weapon primarily for melee usage but was removed before the full beta version was released. Some versions of the game that we're not supposed to discuss actually completed the weapon type and implemented it for their versions.

Staff weapons are relatively recent additions to the database, though they appeared prior to Tideborn release, most likely as a post concept early production portion of the different classes they had under consideration for the release that later became Raging Tide and the Tideborn race.

Club weapons are partially implemented, though there's no TT or Lunar etc versions available in the game, take a trip to south archosaur blacksmith, look under polearm and see that you can actually craft many of these... The Ghoul Bane Mold that's pictured is primarily dropped by a boss in an Archosaur Legion attack of which hasn't happened to my knowledge on the PWI servers mostly because the mobs that have a very slight probability of dropping the item required to start this, nobody farms as they're dark orange to over 99% of the server due to the soft level cap. If they do start to become farmed (unlikely) an arch legion attack may occur, and you may start to see some of these ultra rare molds start to show up on the market.

What's the name of the item that summons the legion attack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    What's the name of the item that summons the legion attack?

arhosaur legion atatck event is GM activated. we have never got it i think.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The monk thing is new to me, I dont recall ever seeing this on pwdatabase. They have the names of the skills outlined for that class....

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/itype/484

so there is the caster class. Im assuming, to balance each class out, the other class will be the physical...still looking for those skills.

there are 2 classes due out soon, it is obvious. 10 man squads, Race Houses are full except one where skill trainers are, a portion of the map is missing, random whips, clubs and other items randomly dropped in game. Its something that they are working on, no doubt. We all just need to be patient thats all :)
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If we are going to get a new expansion it will be on the chinese version first. I don't believe that are past the Rising Tide expansion yet, but check here: www.pwrd.com for the latest news, and also for links to the original chinese sites (we are PW2 btw)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Miiko - Dreamweaver
    Miiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Ah, didn't know that, interesting. Thank you. :D
    Miiko: a Venomancer powered by coffee. c[_]

Dynasty recruiting people level 75+ ^-^
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think we would have something more than rumors by this point if a new race/classes was on schedule to be released by the end of the year. I wouldn't really expect any sort of expansion like this until much later. Since Tideborn were pretty much an answer to a certain other game being released that catered to PW's niche, i think it's safe to say that any future aditions will likely depend on what's "hot" on the MMO enviroment. Now, what this will be is something we cannot really predict and much less without any sort of schedule to work upon, so i think any meaningful discussion of posibilities is actually prevented by the current state of things.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If there was a new race/class coming up in a near enough future that there is rumors about it, we would be able to look at the Chinese version to get the facts >.>
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Never actually noticed clubs before o.o
    (in-game, I mean)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited July 2010
    If there was a new race/class coming up in a near enough future that there is rumors about it, we would be able to look at the Chinese version to get the facts >.>

No, while the CN servers are always ahead of us, information on upcoming expansions doesn't come out until they want it to, and the previews here come out a week or two after they're officially announced there but all the translation/localization changes take longer, so we're generally a few weeks to a month or so before we get the actual updates.

GMs have already stated that several expansions were being worked on and that was a couple of months ago, it's just a matter of waiting.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yes, there will most likely be a new race by the end of this year. The squad size is being increased to 10. There is also a mention of this race in a few of the Tideborn quests, mentioning them as their mortal enemies. Nightspike or something of the sort. However, time will tell. b:bye

Many of the low level mobs around Raging Tides are Nightspikes, and so are some of the mobs on the PQ Island (can't remember the name atm) so I'm thinking it won't be them.

While a new race would be cool, I just think there hasn't been enough time. It might be a great marketing time, but PWI's too slow at fixing problems for it to be a good time for game balancing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    any translations? ;x so far its all 'i heard its.....'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
This discussion has been closed.