Why are you a psychic?

Options
KanariaRose - Archosaur
KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Psychic
I thought i would make a little discussion thread out of boredom and partly after reading the psy=gimped wiz? thread.

I picked psy because:

1.) They seem to be a lot more annoying than a wizzard. Soul burn, soul of ____ buffs. When i play games i always like having a fast status inducer to **** up the other player(jumpluff ftw<,< thats right...pokemon >.>) psys are good at that.

2.) Speed over power ftw. I like the fact that in the time it takes for other mage classes to get one skill off, i can get two or three depending.

3.) Glowey ball of death

yeah >.>
Post edited by KanariaRose - Archosaur on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I always like the class that has tricks up it's sleeves.

Like a year or two ago I tried playing Wizard, but didn't like it cause it didn't allow me to be very creative. Everything was just damage. Then I made a barb because high HP is always nice. Finally I made a BM, and that was my favorite before I quit, because they also have a fair amount of options in combat.

Psy is the same. Will I stun him or Psy Will first, will I use stun time to slow his casting or to soulburn him OR just let loose with damage, will I Diminished Vigor that **** Barb who keeps PKing everyone or use Empowered for my own gains, etc etc etc.

Never been fond of classes like Sin (aka the stealth class) even though they also fit my description, simply because those kinds of classes always get rushed with kiddos who want to play the badass.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I rerolled my 83 cleric for a psy, initially because I was tired of being the babysitter in squads, and having to sacrifice my hard-earned exp so my squad doesn't lose any.

What made me stick with it, however, is pretty much the same as everyone else. I like playing the class that isn't so much "OMG LUK @ HOW HI MY DMG IZ!" as the one that screws with their opponent in an "Lol, you can't do sh** to me" sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • ShadeWeaver - Raging Tide
    ShadeWeaver - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I recently came over to PWI and chose a Psychic because I am very used to playing a Mesmer in another well known MMO.

Basically, I love what I affectionately term 'retaliation' classes; the ones that can actively punish and make you regret the action you have taken against them. I find this domination aspect of the class very interesting and, from what I have seen, makes PvP fluid and constantly changing because you're being forced to 'parry' whatever they decide to put out against you.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I stopped lvling my barb at 81 (still help tanking stuff with it), because:

I don't feel like being a meat-shield when you can end up in squads with people not knowing what to do.

For example, we wiped at Polearm because the cleric had lvl 4 IH. Reason? Because "It heals for less than Blessing of the Purehearted".
    My first reaction was
    ___
    , then I asked if he knew it stacked, he didn't answer that, but most likely he didn't.
    Later I found out that the same guy I just squaded with got helped with Oracles (yes, oracles) to get to lvl 80.

Same with Asses (as in Assassins) that thought they could tank Polearm, they were still gonna steal aggro, as long as I interrupted his casts. And I say, sure, if you wanna die. Guess what? It didn't work. And if they don't blame the cleric for not healing, they blame me for "losing aggro", even though they said they'd tank.

And sadly enough, there are more and more of those people around than when I started playing June last year.

So I made a Psychic so I won't have to take the blame for other's stupidity, no one blames DDs anyway.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I stopped lvling my barb at 81 (still help tanking stuff with it), because:

I don't feel like being a meat-shield when you can end up in squads with people not knowing what to do.

For example, we wiped at Polearm because the cleric had lvl 4 IH. Reason? Because "It heals for less than Blessing of the Purehearted".
    My first reaction was
    ___
    , then I asked if he knew it stacked, he didn't answer that, but most likely he didn't.
    Later I found out that the same guy I just squaded with got helped with Oracles (yes, oracles) to get to lvl 80.

Same with Asses (as in Assassins) that thought they could tank Polearm, they were still gonna steal aggro, as long as I interrupted his casts. And I say, sure, if you wanna die. Guess what? It didn't work. And if they don't blame the cleric for not healing, they blame me for "losing aggro", even though they said they'd tank.

And sadly enough, there are more and more of those people around than when I started playing June last year.

So I made a Psychic so I won't have to take the blame for other's stupidity, no one blames DDs anyway.

I completely agree. Oracle/hyper babies are taking the average IQ of this game to new lows.

I don't really care if you want to use oracles/hypers to level, just, at the very least, learn how to play your class first. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I completely agree. Oracle/hyper babies are taking the average IQ of this game to new lows..>

Yep....thats most likely why i got yelled at a by a 60 cleric for using iron heart on the tank instead of pure hearted because it "Heals for less and takes 15 seconds to heal them"

..................................................... how do you get to 60 without knowing to ih a barb? Oracles and hyper stones!
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why did I become a Psychic?

1: To **** with people's minds, BEFORE I kill them.

2: Because I didn't want to be one of the wannabe BM's playing an Assassin.

3: I had a 98 Cleric in HT. I hate playing Veno's. I hate playing Wizards. You fill in the blanks.

4: Who really pays attention to the Psychic in TW anyway? Uh, nobody, that's who.

5: To show the world that not ALL Tideborns are a curse to PvP.

6: Soulburning people makes me laugh. Out loud.

7: I want to get endgame gear with full refine and shards WITHOUT using the Cash Shop as a total crutch.

8: To proove that Psychics can also be badasses.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cause my hero is Johnny Smith in The Dead Zone...

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my psy is lvl 64, and i love it. i was going to go sin during the release (had my psy since day 1 of release) but tryed out psy and havent gone back b:cute i still lvl my cleric though, but do bh on my psy. i like having the buffs, espically vengence and silence. i also have a veno and that only relfects melee dmg, vengence reflects both ranged, melee, and magic b:victory i like buffing up the cleric or tank, and i enjoy having a psy when i do bh69 on cleric becuase i can rely on them for aoe heal same with my psy. i love having tide spirit, and 1 spark ulti b:sin love stuning, love soul burn etc.
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt