Have you even read the TOS???

Options
Tatuaje - Lost City
Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Pretty simple.

Since you have joined, have you truly even read the TOS (terms of Service)??
tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
Post edited by Tatuaje - Lost City on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes.

/10char
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol, NO. not now, not ever.

there is no game or software of any kind that I care enough about to read ToS.

If I do something that gets me banned i'll just move along. Earth is still revolving around the Sun and not around PWE/"insert SW company name" headquarters.

but nice poll :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What's a Term of Service?? Is it tasty?? b:puzzled

Seriously though, it's always the same stuff,
    "We are not liable for blah blah blah under the lawsuit blah blah blah buy packs blah blah blah player shall not blah blah blah".
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And it gets broken by the staff so frequently too soo lol
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Since you have joined, have you truly even read the TOS (terms of Service)??

I voted "yes." If by "truly read" you mean printed it out and sat down with it like a good book, then no. If skimming it and reading a few of the more important looking bits is "true," then yes.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Since I originally came from another MMO I basically know what ToS are about. Besides I don't try to defy rules even bored, so I should be fine until the end of time.
    So far, so good.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no. I don't have time to read a list of rules I won't follow T_T . Only 1 game where I actually read the rules and still got banned 5 times :o
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The rules are pretty much the same for all games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kavih - Heavens Tear
    Kavih - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nope, but i got common sense and a decent amount of experience with this kind of games, so its never been a problem^^
  • Myrtle - Raging Tide
    Myrtle - Raging Tide Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No
    /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Each time the sun goes down,
    I remember that somewhere near,
    It's spreding its first morning sunshines.
    b:shy
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i have never read to TOS lol
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Other than a few key articles i fail to see how you would need to read the whole thing. Any healthy sane individual should have enough common sense to realize what the basics are, and growing up in a world where corporations routinely protect themselves against liability it would be naive to asume that you're legally entitled to anything in an MMO. It is in the best interest of PWI to provide a certain level of service as otherwise they would find their revenue drying up fast, this is your best protection as a consumer. Also, any competent gamer should know the basics of MMO do's and dont's or should learn them in the process of leveling their first char. Honest mistakes are certainly a rare ocurrence and GMs do generally allow for these.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Call me a pansy, but I do read the TOS. Just in case there's something in there that they specifically don't want you doing.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I didnt read Tos when i joined, cos software is the usual stuff, and i've yet to get banned or warned in any game so.. guess shoulndt be a prob here either.
    however i'd read it many months after during WQ cos bored.. and i was searching for something in it.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Me read the entire Tos.
    o.o'
    Takes only 2 seconds.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Since I originally came from another MMO I basically know what ToS are about. Besides I don't try to defy rules even bored, so I should be fine until the end of time.
    So far, so good.
    The rules are pretty much the same for all games.
    Call me a pansy, but I do read the TOS. Just in case there's something in there that they specifically don't want you doing.

As they said, I do come from other MMORPGs as well, and every single one of them have the same basis, however, I do look for specific points that some games do not state such as the tracking of 3rd party programs running (which PWE has stated *curse it* haha joking b:chuckle)

Over all yes I do read T.O.S. at flash speed. Thats what tells you what you can do and if you do something wrong how to back yourself with their own rules (until they change them lol),

Edit:
    Wow I'm surprized there're more "No" than "Yes" haha, hence thats the main reason of banned players. Oh well, there's only one way to learn i suppose.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Edit:
    Wow I'm surprized there're more "No" than "Yes" haha, hence thats the main reason of banned players. Oh well, there's only one way to learn i suppose.

Nah the main reason be that they knowingly do stuff which should be obvious the game developers never meant....like getting a program called "133T H4X" and wondering why they get banned after their character does something that the normal workings of the game doesn't allow.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Me read the entire Tos.
    o.o'
    Takes only 2 seconds.

I heard Hamsta's get a special ToS?
    Would you like to share it with us? b:thanks
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I heard Hamsta's get a special ToS?
    Would you like to share it with us? b:thanks

It has only one line

"Keep running in THAT wheel (to keep the servers running)."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It has only one line

hahaha nice one
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It has only one line

b:shocked
    How you find out what me ToS said?
    b:infuriated
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I doubt many do, I've never read one cause I can't read long boring scripts
    b:shocked
    How you find out what me ToS said?
    b:infuriated

No nibbling on the server wires kthnx
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The rules of every game are just plain common sense. If you break the ToS then you have no common sense(or you just don't give a damn). It's as simple as that, you don't really need to read it.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No nibbling on the server wires kthnx

But who else would push back events and push for hamster shops?
    b:puzzled
    That power outage sure was "scheduled". b:chuckle
    Our building had a scheduled power outage last Friday, and our engineers' preparations for the outage basically resulted in the request for 2x EXP and 2x Drops slipping through the cracks.

So I apologize for this happening, and I apologize for the response to this mishap not coming til today.

Thanks for your patience during this situation :)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they just changed the ToS. It is now bannable for not reading th ToS.

Im jk.
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yup...I have actually gone through it more then a few times b:surrenderb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah the main reason be that they knowingly do stuff which should be obvious the game developers never meant....like getting a program called "133T H4X" and wondering why they get banned after their character does something that the normal workings of the game doesn't allow.

This reminds me of a person who posted in the forums of another game because he was banned for using an 'undetectable' **** (he was even kind enough to post a link to the **** he used) and demanded that because his **** was undetectable then he should not have been banned and should be unbanned. Funny thing was that he only got a temporary ban for saying inappropriate comments to several players and they didn't even know he used a ****. Needless to say, he was slapped in the face with a perma ban and the game was patched and the undetectable **** was no longer so undetectable (and half the player base got a nice ban within the next few days).

On topic: Yes, I've read the ToS. b:surrender

Which is probably why I find it so hilarious whenever people come onto the forums asking why they got banned.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Although every mmo I have ever played has had a near identical ToS, I read it anyway just for the heck of it.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nope. I follow my own TOS:

Don't do things to make GM mad.

Mission accomplished.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes I have but there is really no point.

1-GMs only selectively enforce it.
    2-They make up supposed violations and wont even tell you what you did wrong.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.