does steal suck?

therealist
therealist Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I never seen stealth useful in squad yet... Assassins use stealth to skip the mobs, but they don't save themselves with it from bosses. Were the assassins that I squad with before are just lazy or is stealth a fail skill?
Post edited by therealist on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Go PK and you'll see just how 'fail' stealth can be. Oh. Wait. Sorry. I'm lying. Go PK and you won't see anything at all before most sins pop out of stealth and kill you in a few hits.

It also sounded like you squadded with crappy assassins who didn't know the extent of the usefulness of stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    just saing but pk has nothing to do with his question b:shutup

it can be good from agro reseting allowing the sin to go all out on the boss after stealthing
    and theyre just lazy. Only [?] mobs/bosses are unavoidable. due to them being 150 while most sins would only have 122 stealth end game or so. idk ur adds :p
  • therealist
    edited July 2010
    Go PK and you'll see just how 'fail' stealth can be. Oh. Wait. Sorry. I'm lying. Go PK and you won't see anything at all before most sins pop out of stealth and kill you in a few hits.

It also sounded like you squadded with crappy assassins who didn't know the extent of the usefulness of stealth.

What is PK? and ok Kagizu, I will ask if assassins use stealth better next time
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    good for checking door in fb 79 too

heard that if you have a group of sins, you can do your bh unwined if someone can tank the boss without a cleric too
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010

1) *saying
    2) He asked if stealth was fail. Whether it was useful in squads was a side note, the general question was "Is stealth fail?"
    3) Bye bye now.
    therealist wrote: »
    What is PK?

PK = player killing. So when you go PK you basically turn on PvP (player vs player) mode. And like I said, if you ever go PvP or play on a PvP server you'll get to see examples of why stealth is not a fail skill if you use it properly.

Generally though the skill is useful in both PvE and PvP environments provided the Sin knows how to use it properly. Sounds like the sins you squadded with don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therealist
    edited July 2010

it can be good from agro reseting allowing the sin to go all out on the boss after stealthing
    and theyre just lazy. Only [?] mobs/bosses are unavoidable. due to them being 150 while most sins would only have 122 stealth end game or so. idk ur adds :p

Thanks for clarifying

And I don't know if I am on a PVP or PVE server... 49 BM, I seen people with different colored names.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1) *saying
    2) He asked if stealth was fail. Whether it was useful in squads was a side note, the general question was "Does steal fail?"
    3) Bye bye now.

PK = player killing. So when you go PK you basically turn on PvP (player vs player) mode. And like I said, if you ever go PvP or play on a PvP server you'll get to see examples of why stealth is not a fail skill if you use it properly.

Generally though the skill is useful in both PvE and PvP environments provided the Sin knows how to use it properly. Sounds like the sins you squadded with don't.

b:chuckle
    Yes steal sucks because it doesn't exist.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    good for checking door in fb 79 too

heard that if you have a group of sins, you can do your bh unwined if someone can tank the boss without a cleric too

They will still have to kill like 40 mobs to even touch a boss. So that's a waste of time, unless they feel like getting one-shotted with 50k damage.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I hate steali- OH! sorry I misread the title b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    volst wrote: »
    They will still have to kill like 40 mobs to even touch a boss. So that's a waste of time, unless they feel like getting one-shotted with 50k damage.

idk, i think this is in fb/bh 79 whose bosses arent that bad, and you dont need to kill 40 mobs

maybe you are talking about fb 99

also, another good use for stealth, grabbing(killng) the key holder/door opener mobs in like bh 51 or bh 69
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well, the game did recently change so that you DO have to kill some mobs on the way to the boss (or wine it) - presumably for this reason.

And yes, I see sins use stealth to escape the attentions of the boss, sometimes.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    b:surrender didnt know about it
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    b:chuckle
    Yes steal sucks because it doesn't exist.
    xD

SHOO.

Dammit my typing has been so horrible lately. XD But that aside, we all knew what he meant to ask. >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You obviously haven't met sins who know how to be sins. In a squad, in the event the tank dies, we can steal aggro and hold the boss while the other squad members run, then use shadow escape to prevent any further deaths. We can go through armies of mobs and kill that one mob guarding the gate without aggroing that army. And when the bosses roam the dungeon, on rare occasions scouting ahead may be required(Yes I know we have the mini map but you can't tell runners from bosses using it). All of these things I've done quite a few times.

And Airyll, OP is talking about sins in PVE not PVP.
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Don't know for sure on PvP, since I'm not at it yet. But looks like if you know how to play a bit, it can be very useful.

But on squads [I mean, playing PvE], I've seen very few sins who play very well. Too many sins can't even handle AoE if the Cleric isn't healing them directly [or BBing].

But already seen some ones who can made epic squad saves from wipe when something get's bad, instead of using stealth to survive.
    [insert sig here]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    therealist wrote: »
    I never seen stealth useful in squad yet... Assassins use stealth to skip the mobs, but they don't save themselves with it from bosses. Were the assassins that I squad with before are just lazy or is stealth a fail skill?

Sins pulling BH boss in 3-3 is not fail. They just stealth past mobs grab boss, stealth back.. woot 10 min bh!!