Sky Cover/Cloud Stir Rings

Options
Ryxx - Heavens Tear
Ryxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Sky Cover
Cloud Stir

these are awesome rings..but i've never seen anyone with them. i've heard rumors that they are time limited, and the amount of nightspike crystals you trade for a ring determines how long it lasts.

can anyone confirm/deny this rumor, or give any other information on these rings?
Post edited by Ryxx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sky Cover
    Cloud Stir

these are awesome rings..but i've never seen anyone with them. i've heard rumors that they are time limited, and the amount of nightspike crystals you trade for a ring determines how long it lasts.

can anyone confirm/deny this rumor, or give any other information on these rings?
    .................wow and ew....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The amount of crystal you use determine the manufacturing chance.
    Works the same as Warsoul Fragment exchange, it can fail and you end up with nothing.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My understanding is they're not time limited, but it's a probability creation based on the number of crystals used, and pwidb is wrong on the 100% probabilities. I believe it's 10%, 20%, 40%, 90%... or 10, 25, 50, 100... but haven't proven this... Besides, the time/cost involved is ridiculous, especially if you can't find a group always willing to do it when you want to.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've been collecting the mats needed for a while now.

Every run you get 1/6th to 6/6th of a mat. yes. the mats are in fractions.

I've done about 10 runs now and i have 6 complete mats. LOL.

anyways, the final boss is arguably the strongest or second strongest boss. Every time we fight him, we imagine him vs harpy.

His aoe kinda kills most ppl in 1 hit lol. bms and barbs see charm ticks, everyone else sees death. there are 2 simple ways to not get 1 shotted though which is why, he probably is second strongest boss. but his 28mil hp is ....

generally. its a long process to go through the entire pq and then end up with 1/6th of a mat.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    generally. its a long process to go through the entire pq and then end up with 1/6th of a mat.

And fail the manufacture in the end...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And farm months on end for the mats only for them to appear in some pack later on b:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ahhao wrote: »
    And farm months on end for the mats only for them to appear in some pack later on b:chuckle

Well I think that pretty much crushed the morale for just about anyone wanting to farm these mats b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Rank 9 ring will probably just annihilate it anyways.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, if it does appear in packs... at least we can farm Supreme Robe: Dominance ....

That is... until that appears in packs as well.....
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've been collecting the mats needed for a while now.

Every run you get 1/6th to 6/6th of a mat. yes. the mats are in fractions.

I've done about 10 runs now and i have 6 complete mats. LOL.

anyways, the final boss is arguably the strongest or second strongest boss. Every time we fight him, we imagine him vs harpy.

His aoe kinda kills most ppl in 1 hit lol. bms and barbs see charm ticks, everyone else sees death. there are 2 simple ways to not get 1 shotted though which is why, he probably is second strongest boss. but his 28mil hp is ....

to survive the AoE, try to keep up a BB, would need cloud eruption, venos or 2nd cleric in case the 1st one is disrupted.

another way is to time the aoe perfectly.(easier said than done) but its doable since he always say a specific phrase before AoE.(magic damage btw)

and the ring is comparable to lunar rings, so lunar rings from packs > pq3 rings imo
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    to survive the AoE, try to keep up a BB, would need cloud eruption, venos or 2nd cleric in case the 1st one is disrupted.

another way is to time the aoe perfectly.(easier said than done) but its doable since he always say a specific phrase before AoE.(magic damage btw)

and the ring is comparable to lunar rings, so lunar rings from packs > pq3 rings imo

heres an easier way than timing it. btw its once every 60 seconds...

easier way. he says something and starts glowing. he glows 3 times and fires. so when he begins to glow the third time... spark erupt.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh thanks for the tips(not that im farming it but it should be useful for OP)

only done him once and gave up on farming the rings

Ive always got the timing wrong cuz he didnt cast it right after the phrase, but a few seconds after it, another wizzie in the party almost get it right everytime though

useful info btw, should make it much easier now that you know the timing and such.
  • Ryxx - Heavens Tear
    Ryxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

actually the pq3 rings have a lot more attack packed in them, since they start out with more base physical attack and give +2 attack level. lunar rings have less attack and give phys/mag defense instead of attack level.

btw thanks all for the info :> i know now that it's pretty much hopeless..b:cry
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    actually the pq3 rings have a lot more attack packed in them, since they start out with more base physical attack and give +2 attack level. lunar rings have less attack and give phys/mag defense instead of attack level.

dont forget g15 instead of g13
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dont forget g15 instead of g13
    The only rings worth refining are coa rings since they give physical attack, but refines for mag def. Refining rings are pretty much pointless unless you're LA.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options

then the next question is, is the extra phy atk and refine level worth my time to farm this?
    theres a cleric farming the cube necklace for fun. if you can find a great group and farm this together, im sure it'll be worth it. still your choice though. good luck anywayz.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    The only rings worth refining are coa rings since they give physical attack, but refines for mag def. Refining rings are pretty much pointless unless you're LA.

Just to clarify, the Seal of Eternal Solitude gives both magic and physical attack.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »

I dont really agree. Heavy users always need more physical def and arcane users always needs more mag def. Of course refining rings is more beneficial for LA and casters not wearing arcane, but its still useful for everyone.

So many physical attacks hurts as hell on heavy users, Demon QS, Assassins in general, 5 aps BMs, Bestial Onslaught or Armageddon in your face lol, loads of things thats pure physical will kill heavy users to. Its obviously better to refine a COA ring for mag def as heavy, but many players needs a second ring with 50% acc.

Same goes for arcane and magic defense. Wizards (clerics to) can easily 1 shoot other arcane users with magic crits or ultis, specially after a 60% debuff with undine strike and +30 blessing. So its not pointless to boost your mag def as arcane user.

If you already refined neck + belt and have cash to spare, plussing up rings a bit might save your life to.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you already refined neck + belt and have cash to spare, plussing up rings a bit might save your life to.

Ring refines are most beneficial to LA users. Second would be to HA with CoA rings. Arcane probably benefits the least from it, but they still benefit, as you said with the Jones Blessings, everyone is so much more squishy.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont really agree. Heavy users always need more physical def and arcane users always needs more mag def. Of course refining rings is more beneficial for LA and casters not wearing arcane, but its still useful for everyone.

I agree and normally refine my rings up at least a few levels if they're ones I plan to keep a while, but in the context of this thread I still think volst makes a valid point. If you're choosing PQ ring vs. Lunar ring based on refining, I think that's a mistake.

If pwdatabase's figures are accurate on these, you'd see a difference of 29 magic defense per ring with +5 rings. At +10 (kind of nuts for rings), you'd have 110 less defense on the Lunar ring which seems more significant, but honestly if you can +10 your rings, you can find 110 defense somewhere or you can +11 the Lunar ring and have 90 more defense than from your +10 Cloud Stir. The real tradeoff between these two is offense vs. defense, and refining is a side benefit.

Edit: In response to the original poster's question, a player on Lost City was recently world chatting about being the first to acquire one of these rings. Given who it was and the fact that it was world chat, I'm kind of reluctant to believe it until I see him in game wearing the ring. Among other things, I find it hard to believe that he finds enough time between bans to actually do public quest.
  • Tamujadaus - Heavens Tear
    Tamujadaus - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I got the Cloud Stir ring from a pack, its permanent no time limited, i also heard its exchangeable for the Sky Cover wich i will try, I heard thats possible @ Public Quest Chapter 3 NPC Wich Appears 9 AM Server Time Each Day, b:victory
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Jesus H Christ : )
    Why waste time on farming it the hard way, if you can very well spend the same amount of time on farming TT pretty productively and then spend the money earned on these darned pieces of virtual jewelry, sold in abundancy over WC. At least it's what we have on HL these days.

P.S. And of course -- in Soviet Russia -- rings farm you.
    Since 2008
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Holy necro, Batman!
  • DeathHunting - Heavens Tear
    DeathHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Necroman to the rescue!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Anyone else amused that the one who necro'd and the one who didn't realize i was a necro are both sins?

And then sins wonder why most people consider them stupid. b:chuckle
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ahhao wrote: »

Who would have thought this prediction would come true?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.