1* 10 packs not on sale too?

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hold down Y then place a small electric motor with off-centered weight on the axle. >_>

No but, really, holding down Y and click about 5 times a second would just take 5-6 mins.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    What happened in May to cause the stock crash...? *Blames it on BP killing all the tideborns*
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    8* was released only once... 50 gold, as i remember.

They were sold twice, the first time shortly after anipacks came out... the second time was in early december if I remember correctly..
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    They were sold twice, the first time shortly after anipacks came out... the second time was in early december if I remember correctly..

b:cry I wants 8* orb sale b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited July 2010
    b:cry I wants 8* orb sale b:cry

Some time in Feb or March a GM said they would be bringing it back. They never did.

They actually weren't all that popular when they came out.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    got 500 orbs.

just move the CS table to where the 'buy' & pop up says yes/comfirm on top of each other.

so when u click buy u dont need to move the mouse. so just lift ur mouse off the surface n click away while doin something else. suggestions: fapping, reading, watchin movie, sleep clickin, on phone, txtin, lookin at dwnloads. spend 5mins talkin to ur mother.
    b:chuckle

Pressing the "Y" key works better imo. Just leave your finger the Y key and do a crazy click-press-Y-key cycle.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    What happened in May to cause the stock crash...? *Blames it on BP killing all the tideborns*

Hmm... I should incorporate that into my signature somehow...

1. "I survived BP's attempt at genocide."
    2. "Proud survivor of human environmental destruction."
    3. "Keep PW petroleum free."

Or photoshop oil onto my tideform and be like...

4. "BP, polluting so effectively even fantasy worlds are damaged."
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    All you need are two of these for your mouse button and one for your "Y" key.

drinking-bird-blue.jpg
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Some time in Feb or March a GM said they would be bringing it back. They never did.

They actually weren't all that popular when they came out.

If you play around a bit with WarrenWolfy's refining spreadsheet (http://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/warren.forrest/perfect-world-refine-costs-8), it turns out that it's pretty borderline whether they're worth it at $50. It depends on exact gold and Mirage Stone prices, but at best you're saving a very small amount. It's certainly not worth waiting for the sale, even if it's worth taking advantage when/if it happens, and it might not even be that.
    edited July 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    If you play around a bit with WarrenWolfy's refining spreadsheet (http://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/warren.forrest/perfect-world-refine-costs-8), it turns out that it's pretty borderline whether they're worth it at $50. It depends on exact gold and Mirage Stone prices, but at best you're saving a very small amount. It's certainly not worth waiting for the sale, even if it's worth taking advantage when/if it happens, and it might not even be that.

They're worth it if you're going to craft 11* and 12* orbs, which is why most people want them now. And, there is a bit of a savings if you're already at +7 and want to go to +8, however they're not like 10* orbs which are suitable for +8-+10.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, sorry guys, this was a mistake on our part. Kantorek is taking the fall on this one, and thus is currently being made into an exotic side dish.

706795452_7818123e96.jpg
  • DingoAIDS - Lost City
    DingoAIDS - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, sorry guys, this was a mistake on our part. Kantorek is taking the fall on this one, and thus is currently being made into an exotic side dish..

706795452_7818123e96.jpg

So will there be like 10 or 50 or whatever orb packs released soon? Or do we get to click a lot =] b:victory
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2010
    So will there be like 10 or 50 or whatever orb packs released soon? Or do we get to click a lot =] b:victory

Packs can't be put in unless we take down the servers again, so we're going to stick with how it is currently, and my thoughts are with the families of the thousands of mice that will be overburdened for the next 6 days.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think he meant a sale on dragon orbs in packs of 10s, not some other type of packs. Will we not have those after all then since this sale is expected to last a week?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DingoAIDS - Lost City
    DingoAIDS - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think he meant a sale on dragon orbs in packs of 10s, not some other type of packs. Will we not have those after all then since this sale is expected to last a week?

Yes I meant a sale on dragon orbs in like 10 or 50 packs.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    got 500 orbs.

just move the CS table to where the 'buy' & pop up says yes/comfirm on top of each other.

so when u click buy u dont need to move the mouse. so just lift ur mouse off the surface n click away while doin something else. suggestions: fapping, reading, watchin movie, sleep clickin, on phone, txtin, lookin at dwnloads. spend 5mins talkin to ur mother.
    b:chuckle

Why do me get the feeling that all those activities be basically the same thing?
    O.o'
    b:shocked
    Me scared to attempt a further mental reading.
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So will the 10 packs be added in for the usual 1 gold 80 silver price or no?...before everyone goes and spends all their money on these 10 orbs for 2 gold....
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    Malilizi - Harshlands Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So how do sales go up on weeks where we don't have maint if you have to take the servers down to put things in?

Are we just going to have to deal with 20 silver orbs instead of 18 or will you put the 10 star packs in next week. As it stand every 50 orbs you buy is 1 more gold than you would be paying with normal sale prices. A nice little trick to get people to pay more, eh.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Packs can't be put in unless we take down the servers again, so we're going to stick with how it is currently, and my thoughts are with the families of the thousands of mice that will be overburdened for the next 6 days.

so how will be compensated for all this?

for example:

two items from +5 to +7 are approx 1000 orbs

1000 orbs is 200 gold atm

with 10 packs 1000 orbs at 1.8 gold per 10 are 180 gold

that's a difference of 20 gold or in other words in smaller quantities 10%

i consider that HUGE
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    so how will be compensated for all this?

for example:

two items from +5 to +7 are approx 1000 orbs

1000 orbs is 200 gold atm

with 10 packs 1000 orbs at 1.8 gold per 10 are 180 gold

that's a difference of 20 gold or in other words in smaller quantities 10%

i consider that HUGE

Pretty sure they will give us the packs on 10 for 2 gold this time.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Frankie we all know servers do not have to come down from a sale item to be put in CS. So tells us what this really means. Will there be a sale on 10 pack next week or you blowing us off?
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Frankie we all know servers do not have to come down from a sale item to be put in CS. So tells us what this really means. Will there be a sale on 10 pack next week or you blowing us off?

Oh you know they are blowing us off >< just like with the DQ compensation. There has been no update from them in almost 2 months now and doubt that there ever will. b:shocked

Too bad for them too i was going to purchase 100 gold worth of D Orbs (got 6 chars to worry about) but not like this. Thier loss is my gain.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, sorry guys, this was a mistake on our part. Kantorek is taking the fall on this one, and thus is currently being made into an exotic side dish.

Will you be extending the sale for another week this time with 10 packs? I am holding my gold until I know how you are going to address this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010

This .
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Will you be extending the sale for another week this time with 10 packs? I am holding my gold until I know how you are going to address this.

ditto, I too am holding my gold until I know what is going on. Last time, something similar to this happened. One week there was a 1 gold sunshine pack, then the next week it was packs of 45 gold thing for 50 packs again, although I didn't buy any lmao. I did laugh in my head on those idiot merchants who actually bought those packs for 1 gold each though.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2010
    All right guys, the official word is:

The 1-star Dragon Orb sale will be extended by one week, and 1-star Dragon Orb packs, discounted the standard amount, will be put on sale after maintenance next week.

Both sales will end August 4th at 1:00AM.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    All right guys, the official word is:

The 1-star Dragon Orb sale will be extended by one week, and 1-star Dragon Orb packs, discounted the standard amount, will be put on sale after maintenance next week.

Both sales will end August 4th at 1:00AM.

Frankie you are one sexy beast. Hazzah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thank you! b:dirty
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I can't complain too much about this solution. I does solve the problem, but I find it odd that we're being told they can't add a sale without shutting down the servers. Haven't we had weekend sales before? On items like pet packs?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Frankie you are one sexy beast. Hazzah!
    gimme your sales ast :3 u rich already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan